The twelve behind COVID misinformation

Yakuda

Two doses of polio vaccine are 90% effective....
You can't read your own report

How Well Does the Polio Vaccine Work?​

Inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV), which is the only polio vaccine that has been given in the United States since 2000, protects almost all children (99 out of 100) who get all the recommended doses. For best protection, children should get four doses of polio vaccine.

99 out of 100 isn't 90%

vibise

You can't read your own report

How Well Does the Polio Vaccine Work?​

Inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV), which is the only polio vaccine that has been given in the United States since 2000, protects almost all children (99 out of 100) who get all the recommended doses. For best protection, children should get four doses of polio vaccine.

99 out of 100 isn't 90%
The bit I quoted said the number comes from 2 doses.

Yakuda

The bit I quoted said the number comes from 2 doses.
What I posted is from YOUR article and it says 99 out of a hundred. Too many people getting this stupid juice are getting covid. This "vaccine" doesnt even meet the CDC definition of a vaccine.

inertia

Lol. When people got the polio vaccine didn't get polio after getting the vaccine. Nice try though

- non sequitur -

The oral polio vaccine uses attenuated viruses and they can rarely cause polio, but mRNA vaccines provide a number of beneficial features over dead and even live attenuated virus formulations.

- mRNA vaccine is non-infectious, degraded by normal cellular processes, and are more stable, avoid anti-vector immunity, and they can be administered repeatedly

Last edited:

inertia

This is true. People falsely believe that any and all vaccines must somehow be constructed just like the polio vaccine. The truth is that there are multiple ways to elicit an immune response to an infectious pathogen - you can inject inactivated or attenuated viruses, viral proteins, or mRNAs that encode for viral proteins. All of these do the same thing - prime the immune system so that the next exposure to this agent will elicit a rapid, directed response.

Considering that the Nature article was written in 2018, the pace of understanding that unfolded since is astounding.

vibise

What do you think this proves?

What "false claims"?

Your quote from Wikipedia doesn't name any names.
It proves Mercola does not want attention on the claims he has been making.

The article in wikipedia has many reference citations which I deleted from my quote to avoid having so many links in my post.

inertia

Headlines from Bloomberg (8/20/2021):

"Republican Governor Ron DeSantis is moving to withhold funding from school systems requiring masks to protect children. The state is averaging 24,000 new confirmed infections and 200 dead every day. In Europe, new cases in Ireland surged, while in Southeast Asia, Indonesia recorded a new record for daily fatalities."

- Mississippi reported a record of 5,048 new infections Friday, a sign that the worst per capita outbreak in the U.S. is not slowing down. The state has the nation’s lowest rate of vaccination, according to the Bloomberg Vaccine Tracker.

- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says the government has decided to extend a nationwide lockdown by four days.
- Two U.S. courts have issued preliminary wins for mask-wearing advocates, but the underlying legal issues remain unresolved.
- Salt Lake City’s mayor defied a Utah state law and mandated masks in schools, saying a public health issue had become “politicized.”

Yakuda

- non sequitur -

The oral polio vaccine uses attenuated viruses and they can rarely cause polio, but mRNA vaccines provide a number of beneficial features over dead and even live attenuated virus formulations.

- mRNA vaccine is non-infectious, degraded by normal cellular processes, and are more stable, avoid anti-vector immunity, and they can be administered repeatedly

LMBO whatever you blindly let them put in your arm wasn't a vaccine. Good dog!

inertia

LMBO whatever you blindly let them put in your arm wasn't a vaccine. Good do

Next on display ^here^: - ad hominem -

(I'm hoping that you can provide a better argument. Fallacies don't provide logical strength. )

The effort required to deal with misinformation is orders of magnitude larger than the tiny effort to produce it.

Order of Mag refutation of misinformation.JPG

Your unsupported assertion that mRNA vaccines are not really vaccines contradicts scientific scholarship.

Last edited:

inertia

From a friend I used to work with:

"I’ve had Covid. And I exposed others to it.

When I first started feeling symptoms it was so mild that I simply told myself I has having an off day, maybe allergies, air pollution, a mild hangover even.

Does a Covid self check work?

Well I guess after you know you’re really sick it does. But at least I’m my case it was a day or more being contagious in public until I realized that.
"

I asked him where he thought he contracted COVID-19. He said that he thought he contracted SARS-CoV-2 at the gym.

Steven Avery

- Mississippi reported a record of 5,048 new infections Friday,

Why repeat a pharma-$$$ big lie again and again?

A positive PCR test has nothing to do with an infection.
Plus the numbers are easily manipulated by changing the cycle count, and vary among mfgs., lots, etc.

Yakuda

Next on display ^here^: - ad hominem -

(I'm hoping that you can provide a better argument. Fallacies don't provide logical strength. )

The effort required to deal with misinformation is orders of magnitude larger than the tiny effort to produce it.

View attachment 1690

Your unsupported assertion that mRNA vaccines are not really vaccines contradicts scientific scholarship.

Look up the definition of vaccine. What you let them put in your arm isn't a vaccine. Don't get snarky with me it wasn't my fault.

inertia

Why repeat a pharma-$$$ big lie again and again?

What? Breakthroughs in mRNA vaccines started from humble beginnings. If there were lies, they would have been uncovered a long, long time ago. The data keeps establishing effectiveness.

Snake oils, intramuscular injections of animal cells, large doses of vitamins, organic diets, exercise, and the use of frequent coffee enemas - not so much against COVID-19.

A positive PCR test has nothing to do with an infection.
Plus the numbers are easily manipulated by changing the cycle count, and vary among mfgs., lots, etc.

We discussed the unfounded assertion many posts ago.

Last edited: