The Two Witnesses In Revelation Chapters 11 Bring The Vial Plagues Of God's Wrath

I can see why your attitude has became an issue with some members here, so I will go ahead and place you on ignore list. Your doctrine/interpretation on the Two Witness is not biblically sound. Take care.
LOL, LOL, LOL, so u speak for all? instead of worrying about my attitude, worry about the scriptures, and as for the ignore list..... as Tony the Tiger say . GGGGGGGGGGGGGGg GREAT. want have to respond to any poor replies anymore..... THANKS.

:ninja:

so, where is the Lord Jesus Burial Grave, and John's also? post scripture please?

Revelation 11:11 "And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them." Revelation 11:12 "And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them."

WHERE IN THE VERSE IT SAY IMMEDATELY? SEE, U ADDED THAT, BY ASSUMPTION. it could have been a week , a day, or even 40 day after they stood...... u again added that. now for your edification, Matthew 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose," Matthew 27:53 "And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." do u understand this verse at all? guess not, now go to God in prayer and ask for understanding..... Oh this is too easy.

FYI the 2 are called they and their because it's 2 of them. and further FYI, Jesus the Ordinal FIRST is the "LORD" of them..... (SMILE). see u have no clue that the Lord Jesus is an ECHAD of himself in Ordinal designation of FIRST/LORD. and LAST/Lord. as I said, this is just 2 easy not to understand.

FYI again Rev. chapter 11 POINT BLANK says that they REFUSED to have the 2 witnesses buried! Their dead bodies stayed in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days! Jesus was NOT one of them because His dead body was allowed burial in a tomb provided by Joseph of Arimathea! Thus the rest of your Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of Rev. chapter 11 remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed!

FYI again Rev. chapter 11 POINT BLANK says that they REFUSED to have the 2 witnesses buried! Their dead bodies stayed in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days! Jesus was NOT one of them because His dead body was allowed burial in a tomb provided by Joseph of Arimathea! Thus the rest of your Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) of Rev. chapter 11 remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed!
Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."Revelation 11:9 "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

"shall lie" is italicized, meaning it's not in the manuscript.

Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified."Revelation 11:9 "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

"shall lie" is italicized, meaning it's not in the manuscript.

Yes that is EXACTLY what my post means and your say so CONTRADICTS it because Jesus' dead body was place in a Tomb for 3 days! Thus like I keep on CORRECTLY telling you, Jesus was NOT one of the 2 Witnesses of Rev. chapter 11 because those 2 bodies were NOT place in graves! Their dead bodies remained in the streets of Jerusalem ( where their Lord was crucified in 33 AD ), for 3.5 days and the God resurrected them and told them to come Up here ( to the 3rd Heaven )! Case closed! --------------------------

Revelation 11:3-12​

New International Version​

3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt ( Actually Jerusalem ) —where also their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11 But after the three and a half days the breath[b] of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
Read full chapter

Footnotes​

1. Revelation 11:4 See Zech. 4:3,11,14.
  2. Revelation 11:11 Or Spirit (see Ezek. 37:5,14)
------------------------ FYI they ( the 2 Witnesses - 101G ) stand before the Lord ( Jesus ) in verse 3! Jesus can not be one of them because He can't stand before Himself ( Jesus standing before Jesus ), but those 2 Witnesses can! Case closed on your Twisted nonsense - 2 Peter 3:16 - that Jesus is one of those 2 )!

Last edited:
101G said:
so, where is the Lord Jesus Burial Grave, and John's also? post scripture please? -------------------------- For Jesus, right here ---------- John 19:38-42 and Matt.27:57-61 and Luke 23:50-56 and Mark 15:42-47!

didn't I say that? he's the Elijah to come, did you not hear the Lord Jesus coming down from the mount of Treansfiguration. Listen and Learn, Matthew 17:9 "And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead."
Matthew 17:10 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?"
Matthew 17:11 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things."
NOW LISTEN TO THE NEXT 2 VERSE CAREFULLY,
Matthew 17:12 "But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them."
Matthew 17:13 "Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."
Oh how easy it is to KNOW THE TRUTH.... JUST READ WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, .... who will guide us in all TRUTH.

PICJAG, 101G.
19 And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 20 He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.” 21 And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” 22 So they said to him, “Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” 23 He said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make straight[h] the way of the Lord,’ as the prophet Isaiah said.” John 1:19-23
There are multiple ways to interpret this. But one of the ways does not agree with your theory. There is an idea out there that John was the Elijah type prophet that was supposed to come but that the final fulfillment of the Elijah who was to come before Christ is one of the two witnesses. That’s possible but I’m not sure about that. There are a lot of different theories out there on who exactly the two witnesses are. I think we will be able to recognize them when they come. They will speak with authority. They will call down plagues. They will prophesy for 3.5 years. They will be and stand against the antichrist and the false prophet. They will speak on behalf of God who we can’t see yet, not on behalf of a man on earth that the world thinks is a god ie the antichrist. They will not have power over the earth but they will speak the truth against the government’s of the world or if they come during the beasts final kingdom against the kingdom of the world. They will likely be hated by most for a good portion of their ministry. By the end of it people will be giving gifts to each other and celebrating their deaths. Some say the two witnesses are symbolic of the two branches of gentile believers and Jewish believers. Some say it’s Enoch and Elijah or Moses and Elijah. Some say it will be two people God picks on earth when all this happens. Maybe……I am the Elijah to come………just joking lol I don’t think so. Like I said we will know at least those of us that are awake and watching it will be pretty easy to figure out. I am very interested and would love to know the answer but I’m not sure it’s very easy to determine with all the possibilities. I’m not sure exactly. Btw I think the tribulation is soon. So the two witnesses whoever they are, are coming soon. And then……Jesus……Let’s get this party started!

19 And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 20 He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.” 21 And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” And he answered, “No.” 22 So they said to him, “Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?” 23 He said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make straight[h] the way of the Lord,’ as the prophet Isaiah said.” John 1:19-23

I will jump here because some people misunderstood about John the Baptist, Elijah and Two Witnesses.

Now would that be anything like Christ saying of John the Baptist, this "IS" Elijah? Did you think that meant it was literally, physically, Elijah? Was it Elijah that lived hundreds of years before? No! Was it Elijah as Christ said? Yes! It's not an enigma. John came as the "Spiritual" or Allegorical Elijah, a Spiritual messenger of God. Because John was filled with the Holy Spirit of God, and so came in the same Spirit and with the same power that Elijah did. He was Metaphorically Elijah, not physically Elijah. Just as the bread wasn't physically Christ. That would be silly, as Christ was standing right there and He didn't tell anyone to take a physical bite of Him. Some people have to get off this anti-spiritual kick. Because it's foolish considering the number of passages confirming these truths. Allegorically. Just as John the Baptist "WAS" Elijah prophesied to come. As it is written:

Luke 1:15-17
  • "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
  • And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
  • And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
Because of the Spirit of God, he came in the SAME SPIRIT that Elijah came with. Was He Elijah that was prophesied to come? Yes. Was he the Elijah that lived hundreds of years before? No! Likewise, when Christ says of the bread, this is my body. Is it his physical body? That is (again) blatantly absurd, the stuff of certain Church traditions. Was it his body? Yes, because like Elijah, it wasn't the name that was substantive, but the Spirit.

But as I said, some people slowly come to understand the Spiritual, and some people never come to understand it, because it is not given to them to understand. It is spiritually discerned. And we should all discern what the bread of Christ's body was. It's His word by which we are nourished and sustained.

Matthew 16:11-12
  • "How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
  • Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."
Think of it this way, the bread (doctrine) of the Pharisees, versus the bread (doctrine) of Christ. That's why Christ is called the Word of God. He "IS" the Manna from heaven. Metaphorically speaking, that is why Christ asked us to eat his flesh (like bread) in order to receive His Word. Selah!

Now the OP is about Two Witnesses, so we need to understand this.

The Two Witnesses of Revelation chapter 11 are NOT literally Moses and Elijah (or Jesus Christ and John the Baptist as one member suggested) any more than John the Baptist was literally Elijah! But "like" John the Baptist, they come in the same Spirit and power as Moses and Elijah. They come in the same Spirit and power of the "Law" and the "Prophets." Because they are endowed with the power of the Spirit of Christ to witness of God's word. Consider wisely with the spirit of Elijah on Elisha!

2nd Kings 2:14-15
  • "And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
  • And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him."
The Spirit of Elijah unto this power is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit! It would behoove men to start listening to God spiritually!! Because as Elisha came in the Spirit of Elijah by coming in the power of the Spirit of God, so John the Baptist did also! So are we, Christians, too! In fact, this is plainly illustrated in God's prophecy of John's birth. Consider wisely:

Luke 1:16-17
  • "And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
  • And he shall go before him in the Spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
John came before Christ (as prophesied) not "physical" Elijah, but in the Spirit and Power that Elijah came in. In other words, it wasn't Elijah's own power, it was the same Spirit of God in him unto his acts. What many people fail to understand is that it is NOT necessary for Elijah to physically come back for us to have a "literal" fulfillment, just that John came in the same Spirit that Elijah had, to do the works of God.

Likewise, the two witnesses come in the Spirit and Power of Moses (the law) and Elijah (the prophets), and their works are the works of the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost! The Two Witnesses represent the church, everyone who is born again and received the same Holy Spirit! These things are Spiritually discerned! As Jesus told his faithful servents as witnesses...

Acts 1:8
  • "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be Witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
And compare this with Revelation 11:3:

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

The two witnesses receiving Power to prophesy Salvation Gospel are the SAME WITNESSES Acts 1:8 says to receive the power when the Holy Spirit is poured out upon them. They are the Church, made up of all Elect who have received the Holy Spirit since Pentecost.

I will jump here because some people misunderstood about John the Baptist, Elijah and Two Witnesses.

Now would that be anything like Christ saying of John the Baptist, this "IS" Elijah? Did you think that meant it was literally, physically, Elijah? Was it Elijah that lived hundreds of years before? No! Was it Elijah as Christ said? Yes! It's not an enigma. John came as the "Spiritual" or Allegorical Elijah, a Spiritual messenger of God. Because John was filled with the Holy Spirit of God, and so came in the same Spirit and with the same power that Elijah did. He was Metaphorically Elijah, not physically Elijah. Just as the bread wasn't physically Christ. That would be silly, as Christ was standing right there and He didn't tell anyone to take a physical bite of Him. Some people have to get off this anti-spiritual kick. Because it's foolish considering the number of passages confirming these truths. Allegorically. Just as John the Baptist "WAS" Elijah prophesied to come. As it is written:

Luke 1:15-17
  • "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
  • And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
  • And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
Because of the Spirit of God, he came in the SAME SPIRIT that Elijah came with. Was He Elijah that was prophesied to come? Yes. Was he the Elijah that lived hundreds of years before? No! Likewise, when Christ says of the bread, this is my body. Is it his physical body? That is (again) blatantly absurd, the stuff of certain Church traditions. Was it his body? Yes, because like Elijah, it wasn't the name that was substantive, but the Spirit.

But as I said, some people slowly come to understand the Spiritual, and some people never come to understand it, because it is not given to them to understand. It is spiritually discerned. And we should all discern what the bread of Christ's body was. It's His word by which we are nourished and sustained.

Matthew 16:11-12
  • "How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
  • Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."
Think of it this way, the bread (doctrine) of the Pharisees, versus the bread (doctrine) of Christ. That's why Christ is called the Word of God. He "IS" the Manna from heaven. Metaphorically speaking, that is why Christ asked us to eat his flesh (like bread) in order to receive His Word. Selah!

Now the OP is about Two Witnesses, so we need to understand this.

The Two Witnesses of Revelation chapter 11 are NOT literally Moses and Elijah (or Jesus Christ and John the Baptist as one member suggested) any more than John the Baptist was literally Elijah! But "like" John the Baptist, they come in the same Spirit and power as Moses and Elijah. They come in the same Spirit and power of the "Law" and the "Prophets." Because they are endowed with the power of the Spirit of Christ to witness of God's word. Consider wisely with the spirit of Elijah on Elisha!

2nd Kings 2:14-15
  • "And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
  • And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him."
The Spirit of Elijah unto this power is the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit! It would behoove men to start listening to God spiritually!! Because as Elisha came in the Spirit of Elijah by coming in the power of the Spirit of God, so John the Baptist did also! So are we, Christians, too! In fact, this is plainly illustrated in God's prophecy of John's birth. Consider wisely:

Luke 1:16-17
  • "And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
  • And he shall go before him in the Spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
John came before Christ (as prophesied) not "physical" Elijah, but in the Spirit and Power that Elijah came in. In other words, it wasn't Elijah's own power, it was the same Spirit of God in him unto his acts. What many people fail to understand is that it is NOT necessary for Elijah to physically come back for us to have a "literal" fulfillment, just that John came in the same Spirit that Elijah had, to do the works of God.

Likewise, the two witnesses come in the Spirit and Power of Moses (the law) and Elijah (the prophets), and their works are the works of the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost! The Two Witnesses represent the church, everyone who is born again and received the same Holy Spirit! These things are Spiritually discerned! As Jesus told his faithful servents as witnesses...

Acts 1:8
  • "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be Witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."
And compare this with Revelation 11:3:

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth."

The two witnesses receiving Power to prophesy Salvation Gospel are the SAME WITNESSES Acts 1:8 says to receive the power when the Holy Spirit is poured out upon them. They are the Church, made up of all Elect who have received the Holy Spirit since Pentecost.
This is possible and it’s one of the interpretations. Some would say though that the “two” witnesses are “two” because of what it says about the two olive branches in the Old Testament. In this theory one witness is the gentile church United with the other witness which is the Jews on earth that accept Jesus as messiah. So these two together would be all of the Christian Church on earth. There are some things that should be explained about this theory. If this is so, how do they die all at once and than come back to life 3.5 days later. Does the antichrist kill all of the Christians 3.5 days before God resurrects us all?

Yes that is EXACTLY what my post means and your say so CONTRADICTS it because Jesus' dead body was place in a Tomb for 3 days! Thus like I keep on CORRECTLY telling you, Jesus was NOT one of the 2 Witnesses of Rev. chapter 11 because those 2 bodies were NOT place in graves! Their dead bodies remained in the streets of Jerusalem ( where their Lord was crucified in 33 AD ), for 3.5 days and the God resurrected them and told them to come Up here ( to the 3rd Heaven )! Case closed! --------------------------

3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a] 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt ( Actually Jerusalem ) —where also their Lord was crucified. 9 For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11 But after the three and a half days the breath[b] of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
Read full chapter

Footnotes​

------------------------ FYI they ( the 2 Witnesses - 101G ) stand before the Lord ( Jesus ) in verse 3! Jesus can not be one of them because He can't stand before Himself ( Jesus standing before Jesus ), but those 2 Witnesses can! Case closed on your Twisted nonsense - 2 Peter 3:16 - that Jesus is one of those 2 )!
you still don't get it ... do u? u can use all the translations u want, but it's not changing anything. lol, lol, lol, you can try all u can but the Fact is the Lord Jesus, and John the Baptist are the two witnesses,

21 And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.”
now watch how he answer as to who he is, LISTEN, and LEARN,
23 He said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make straight[h] the way of the Lord,’ as the prophet Isaiah said.” John 1:19-23
There are multiple ways to interpret this. But one of the ways does not agree with your theory.
let's see if the bible agrees with me. John 1:23 "He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias."

let's see what the prophet Isaiah say. Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God." so who is the voice crying in the wilderness? Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea," Matthew 3:2 "And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 3:3 "For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."

people say they believe their bibles, well the bible just said that John the Baptist is the one here crying. and coming before the LORD. now lets confirm who came before the Lord. Malachi 3:1 "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts."
OK, so who is this messenger that is to come before the Lod, and prepare the way before him? answer, Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:" (TO DO WHAT?), Malachi 4:6 "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

lets see this fulfilled in John the Baptist. Luke 1:16 "And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God." Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

this is like reading a newspaper from the OT.

if one cannot see the Light now heaven help them

you still don't get it ... do u? u can use all the translations u want, but it's not changing anything. lol, lol, lol, you can try all u can but the Fact is the Lord Jesus, and John the Baptist are the two witnesses,
FYI again, even the translation that you used CONTRADICTS your say so that Jesus is one of the 2 witnesses! Thus this still stands ------------

Read full chapter

Footnotes​

There are multiple ways to interpret this. But one of the ways does not agree with your theory. There is an idea out there that John was the Elijah type prophet that was supposed to come but that the final fulfillment of the Elijah who was to come before Christ is one of the two witnesses. That’s possible but I’m not sure about that. There are a lot of different theories out there on who exactly the two witnesses are. I think we will be able to recognize them when they come. They will speak with authority. They will call down plagues. They will prophesy for 3.5 years. They will be and stand against the antichrist and the false prophet. They will speak on behalf of God who we can’t see yet, not on behalf of a man on earth that the world thinks is a god ie the antichrist. They will not have power over the earth but they will speak the truth against the government’s of the world or if they come during the beasts final kingdom against the kingdom of the world. They will likely be hated by most for a good portion of their ministry. By the end of it people will be giving gifts to each other and celebrating their deaths. Some say the two witnesses are symbolic of the two branches of gentile believers and Jewish believers. Some say it’s Enoch and Elijah or Moses and Elijah. Some say it will be two people God picks on earth when all this happens. Maybe……I am the Elijah to come………just joking lol I don’t think so. Like I said we will know at least those of us that are awake and watching it will be pretty easy to figure out. I am very interested and would love to know the answer but I’m not sure it’s very easy to determine with all the possibilities. I’m not sure exactly. Btw I think the tribulation is soon. So the two witnesses whoever they are, are coming soon. And then……Jesus……Let’s get this party started!

The Two Witnesses are "NOT" coming soon. They are already here since Pentecost. They are the Elect (Church) who have received power with the Holy Spirit as Scripture said. For example, if you are truly born again elect, you come with the Holy Spirit as "Two Witnesses". If you are expecting two individuals with some supernatural power in the future, then you missed what the Lord talked about. The number two in Scripture signifies agreement and by implication, TRUTH. Because God has declared that the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth (1st Timothy 3:15), this number is also often used in association with it. The number two is the numerical symbolism of a faithful (truthful) witness or testimony. For example, one being in agreement or a "confirming" witness of another. This is what the Two witnesses speak about in the book of Revelation 11. They are the Lord's faithful witnesses who bear testimony to the truth! Therefore are they spoken of as "two" witnesses, signifying that they come with the truth. In fact, we can readily see that the designation of two witnesses has always been the guidepost that God has used for "establishing agreement of truth." God is not telling us to expect two literal men to fulfill the role at all. It is spiritually discerned.

This is possible and it’s one of the interpretations. Some would say though that the “two” witnesses are “two” because of what it says about the two olive branches in the Old Testament. In this theory one witness is the gentile church United with the other witness which is the Jews on earth that accept Jesus as messiah. So these two together would be all of the Christian Church on earth. There are some things that should be explained about this theory. If this is so, how do they die all at once and than come back to life 3.5 days later. Does the antichrist kill all of the Christians 3.5 days before God resurrects us all?

It is not one of the "man-made" interpretations. It has to be based on Scripture where God has interpreted His Word. That is why we need to compare Scripture with Scripture instead of making assumptions based on what we see in world news to fit their end-time doctrine.

Regardless, Christians have been taught so many different interpretations about candlesticks and olive trees that many find these verses confusing or difficult to sort out. For example, there are some theologians who claim that these two represent the Old and New Testament Churches. But that obviously cannot be a correct interpretation BECAUSE these prophecy on the New Testament side of the cross, and thus there cannot be an Old covenant Church

There is only one Church at the time of their prophecy after they receive the power with the Holy Spirit which was obviously confirmed by Scripture at Pentecost, not two "Testament" witnesses to whom it is 'given' to prophecy at this time. Nor can it be Biblically validated that these are literally Enoch, Moses, Elijah, Jesus Christ, or John the Baptist as has been alleged.

Before I can answer your question about "3.5 days", we need to make sure that we first not only understand who the Two Witnesses really are but also the woman of Revelation 12 where we read that both speaking about the 1,260 days - the length of their testimony. This is something I will explain sometimes later when I have time as I have things to do for the day.

Have a good day.

Rev. 1:20
and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

a Candlestick represents a "Church" a group of people,
scattered world wide, a few here, a few there
but all speaking the same message
ie: the light unto the world for their time
it’s His 144k :)

The Two Witnesses are "NOT" coming soon. They are already here since Pentecost. They are the Elect (Church) who have received power with the Holy Spirit as Scripture said. For example, if you are truly born again elect, you come with the Holy Spirit as "Two Witnesses". If you are expecting two individuals with some supernatural power in the future, then you missed what the Lord talked about. The number two in Scripture signifies agreement and by implication, TRUTH. Because God has declared that the Church is the pillar and ground of the truth (1st Timothy 3:15), this number is also often used in association with it. The number two is the numerical symbolism of a faithful (truthful) witness or testimony. For example, one being in agreement or a "confirming" witness of another. This is what the Two witnesses speak about in the book of Revelation 11. They are the Lord's faithful witnesses who bear testimony to the truth! Therefore are they spoken of as "two" witnesses, signifying that they come with the truth. In fact, we can readily see that the designation of two witnesses has always been the guidepost that God has used for "establishing agreement of truth." God is not telling us to expect two literal men to fulfill the role at all. It is spiritually discerned.
FYI, they are NOT the church ( the Bride of Christ )! They are two Old Testament Prophets ( either Elijah & Enoch or Elijiah & Moses )! They will prophesy in the first half ( 42 months - 1,260 days or 3.5 years ) of Dan.9:27 ( the future 7 year Tribulation ) and then get killed in the Middle of those 7 years, as Rev.11:3-12 correctly tells us so! Case closed!

The two witnesses spend 3. 5 years in Babylon when the beast from the Pitt attacks and kills them.God uses the beast from the Pitt to punish Babylon for its sins.
If those two witnesses had the power of God the beast from the Pitt would have never been able overcome them as it does.

You would never have seen Elijah or Moses overcome by their enemies but the two witnesses are given over to the beast.

Last edited:
The two witnesses spend 3. 5 years in Babylon when the beast from the Pitt attacks and kills them.God uses the beast from the Pitt to punish Babylon for its sins.
If those two witnesses had the power of God the beast from the Pitt would have never been able overcome them as it does.

You would never have seen Elijah or Moses overcome by their enemies but the two witnesses are given over to the beast.
FYI, God protects those 2 witnesses till they finish their job ( 1,260 days or 42 months or 3.5 years ) of Prophesy ( of GOD's Word ) as per Rev.11:3-12! So yes they fulfill the first half of Daniels 70th seven ( 3.5 years of those 7 Years ) of Dan.9:27! The Great Trib. mentioned in Matt.24 starts in the 2nd half of those 7 years ( another 3.5 years ) just after those 2 witnesses get Raptured Mid. Trib. to Heaven as per Rev.11:12!

FYI, God protects those 2 witnesses till they finish their job ( 1,260 days or 42 months or 3.5 years ) of Prophesy ( of GOD's Word ) as per Rev.11:3-12! So yes they fulfill the first half of Daniels 70th seven ( 3.5 years of those 7 Years ) of Dan.9:27! The Great Trib. mentioned in Matt.24 starts in the 2nd half of those 7 years ( another 3.5 years ) just after those 2 witnesses get Raptured Mid. Trib. to Heaven as per Rev.11:12!
The tribulation of the saints in Israel lasts 42 months. The same 42 months the two witnesses are in the prostitute. The same 42 months those two witnesses are tormenting people.

You been drinking from a spiked punch bowl.

PS, the false prophet is given the same 42 months in scripture.

The tribulation of the saints in Israel lasts 42 months. The same 42 months the two witnesses are in the prostitute. The same 42 months those two witnesses are tormenting people.

You been drinking from a spiked punch bowl.

PS, the false prophet is given the same 42 months in scripture.
The (Two Witnesses) represent Almighty God, they are the Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Your Eschatology is way out in left field, God will serve righteous judgement upon a wicked world, he gives power to the two witnesses!

Jesus Is The Lord

Revelation 11:3KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The (Two Witnesses) represent Almighty God, they are the Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Your Eschatology is way out in left field, God will serve righteous judgement upon a wicked world, he gives power to the two witnesses!

Jesus Is The Lord

Revelation 11:3KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
These are not Moses and Aron.
They are two Christians who are protecting the prostitute,(apostate Israel) from the Muslim countries that want to destroy Israel.

After 42 months, they are overcome and the prostitute that they had been living with and drinking with is destroyed by the beast that ascends out of the bottomless Pitt.
Two christian witnesses who are over the gentiles sent to Israel by the king of the north.

Back