The unrelenting fear in Judaism

christ_undivided

Num 21:5 And the people spoke against God and against Moses, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this worthless food.”
Num 21:6 Then the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died.
Num 21:7 And the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD and against you. Pray to the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.
Num 21:8 And the LORD said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.”
Num 21:9 So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.

This is an interesting story found in Bemidbar (Wilderness) chapter 21. A story that is indicative of the human condition. A condition so readily evident in the "religious" life of Judaism.

Modern Judaism loves to ignore the struggles found in the "Wilderness" journey. It was just a short journey from Egypt to Canaan. Yet, Israel struggled to make the trip. Many perished along the way. Many at the very "hand" of God.

Over and over again, you find the primary issue related to being "fearful" of God. Believing God requires intimacy. In the example found in Numbers 21, the people had to "look at" the very "thing" that was killing them. It is another example of the choice between "life and death". A look at our condition. A sinful condition that haunts us all the days of our life.

Nowhere is this "more" true than in the Judgement of Sin in the very Body of the Innocent Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Messiah. Yeshua. The Darling Son of God.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

When Judaism beholds the suffering servant, Jesus Christ...... they must face their own fears. It is both a look upward and a look inward.

The heir of Abraham came to save humanity but it requires something from everyone. It requires you to consider someone better than yourselves. I believe we all know you trust yourself. However, you must trust another with the most important aspects of your life.

what's wrong with intimacy?

Nothing. The example I gave is a reference to that did not trust God. Are you saying these people in Numbers 21 had a intimate... trusting relationship with God? Do I know to add the call from the Mount Sinai that went out to all of Israel and they CRIED.... Go up for us????

yes

you make it sound like trusting God isn't apart of Judaism

They can not claim to trust God while rejecting the Heir of Abraham.

no, I'm not

Moses did -
the People had chosen not to
I think you are making a valid point in that regard

can you explain or demonstrate a comparable "fear of God" in today's Judaism?

There is no fear. There are only claims of superiority to all of their brethren throughout the world. From slaves to slave makers.

Your father rejected Moses in the wilderness. See what happened to them. Why do you think you can escape?
There's always been good Jews and bad Jews. Jews openly admit this -- our own scriptures record our shortcomings. Christians on the other hand pretend that they are better, despite all the evidence showing that Chrsitians can be just as unethical as anyone else. Some Christians even try to disassociate themselves from wicked Christians by employing the No True Scotsman fallacy, saying "Oh they aren't REEEEEAL Christians."

Perhaps you should take the advice of your own religion leader Jesus, and take the log out of your own eye before you take the speck out of someone else's.

There's always been good Jews and bad Jews. Jews openly admit this -- our own scriptures record our shortcomings. Christians on the other hand pretend that they are better, despite all the evidence showing that Chrsitians can be just as unethical as anyone else. Some Christians even try to disassociate themselves from wicked Christians by employing the No True Scotsman fallacy, saying "Oh they aren't REEEEEAL Christians."

Right back at you. You're not a real Jew. Prove it. Your fathers have spent their entire lives spreading their seeds throughout Gentiles. How many Gentiles did Solomon impregnate? I would like for you to establish just how is there any such thing as a "pure" Jew today?

You're really the one's present superiority. Not me. My goal is always to make all men equal. You're no better than any Gentle. In fact, you are one.

Eze 16:45 Thou art thy mother's daughter, that lotheth her husband and her children; and thou art the sister of thy sisters, which lothed their husbands and their children: your mother was an Hittite, and your father an Amorite.
Eze 16:46 And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand: and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.

Perhaps you should take the advice of your own religion leader Jesus, and take the log out of your own eye before you take the speck out of someone else's.

What log? Point it out for me.

Right back at you. You're not a real Jew. Prove it.
Halakha (Jewish law) determines the criteria for who is a Jew. According to Halakha, a Jew is anyone born of a Jewish mom, or who has been adopted into the People formal conversion. Since I converted, that makes me 100% Jew. Halakha is the ONLY thing that matters in this regard. The random opinions of non-Jews really carry no weight.

Sure you do. You're the "elect"... right? Do you disavow this teaching?
We are set aside to be a priestly nation. We have a covenant that other nations do not have, which is replete with responsibility. IOW we have a different JOB than other Peoples. This does NOT however translate into us somehow being better, more moral, of greater worth, etc. That's just nonsense and Judaism does not teach it.

Halakha (Jewish law) determines the criteria for who is a Jew. According to Halakha, a Jew is anyone born of a Jewish mom, or who has been adopted into the People formal conversion. Since I converted, that makes me 100% Jew. Halakha is the ONLY thing that matters in this regard. The random opinions of non-Jews really carry no weight.
What Jewish mother? I posted the Scriptures that said your mother wasn't a Jew. At least admit that one of the sins of Jews is endlessly marrying Gentiles. Especially among your men. Thusly, your mother's are Gentiles.

We are set aside to be a priestly nation. We have a covenant that other nations do not have, which is replete with responsibility. IOW we have a different JOB than other Peoples. This does NOT however translate into us somehow being better, more moral, of greater worth, etc. That's just nonsense and Judaism does not teach it.
So you do believe you are elect? You have a position that requires everyone to come to you....

I agree you do, the Elect however is the Heir of Abraham. Jesus Christ. Not you. He welcomes all people to Himself. Including you.

See how inclusive that is?

Back