The Value of Evangelism in Reform Theology

brightfame52

Israel not sheep

and you did not respond to the fact God loved Israel and all were not sheep

Loving your own is not a statement you love no other
Israel and Sheep are the same Matt 15 24

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel

brightfame52

Not when we read God loved the world and Christ tells everyone to love your neighbor so you can be like your Father in heaven

Hello
Christ is specific about who He died for. All the Sheep which constitutes the World. It's simple the World of the believing Sheep

TomFL

Christ is specific about who He died for. All the Sheep which constitutes the World. It's simple the World of the believing Sheep
Never say the sheep alone

I like red skittles does not mean I don't like blue skittles

Your logic is defective

TomFL

Sorry world is a bigger term than sheep

and includes those who will never believe

John 12:47 —KJV
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”

brightfame52

Never say the sheep alone

Your logic is defective
You don't go by what scripture does not say but what it says, especially when it is specific. Christ specifically said He died for the Sheep. Beyond that you are speculating. That is not faith in the word of God!

brightfame52

Sorry world is a bigger term than sheep

and includes those who will never believe

“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”
The World of the Sheep is quite large, a world that has a people so numerous that no man can number

TomFL

You don't go by what scripture does not say but what it says, especially when it is specific. Christ specifically said He died for the Sheep. Beyond that you are speculating. That is not faith in the word of God!
You do

you add the word alone to John

as I told you

Your logic is defective

brightfame52

You do

you add the word alone to John

as I told you

Your logic is defective
You teach speculation and not the Gospel promises of God. Who did Jesus specifically come to save Matt 1:21

TomFL

You teach speculation and not the Gospel promises of God. Who did Jesus specifically come to save Matt 1:21

Scripture is not speculation

John 3:16 —KJV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.

brightfame52

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.
Scripture isn't but your imagination and speculation is. Who is Christ promised to save Matt 1 21

TomFL

Scripture isn't but your imagination and speculation is. Who is Christ promised to save Matt 1 21
He saves all who believe having given his life for all

brightfame52

Once again it's His Sheep or People!

TomFL

Once again it's His Sheep or People!
Sheep was not the definition given by the lexicon

brightfame52

It doesnt have to say sheep in the lexicon. Lexicons are not the scripture. Who did Jesus die for Jn 10 ? Its not in the lexicon

TomFL

It doesnt have to say sheep in the lexicon. Lexicons are not the scripture. Who did Jesus die for Jn 10 ? Its not in the lexicon
The scripture does not say sheep either

and John's use of world precludes such limitation

Theo1689

You keep skipping over the "but especially of believers" part.

TomFL

You keep skipping over the "but especially of believers" part.
Not at all

They would of course be included in all mankind even especially so

However it does seem you skip the all mankind which cannot be eliminated from the definition

;b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

brightfame52

The scripture does not say sheep either

and John's use of world precludes such limitation

I showed you Sheep enough!