The wages of sin is death

I have a problem of you telling me you keep His commandments....You see you can't.....which means you don't have eternal life.

GOT IT?

Keep God’s commandments. You’re required to.

Your problem isn’t with me repeating God’s requirements for you, it’s with God.

Are you one of those “easy believism” types?

Keep God’s commandments. You’re required to.

Your problem isn’t with me repeating God’s requirements for you, it’s with God.

Are you one of those “easy believism” types?
Why do you continue to avoid the question...or, are you claiming you keep the commandments and have earned a spot in heaven?

Why do you continue to avoid the question...or, are you claiming you keep the commandments and have earned a spot in heaven?

No one is talking about sinless perfectionism. Let's just take 1 John 1:5-7 and see what it says. It's about walking in the light (doing good, being righteous) as a prerequisite for having the blood of Jesus cleanse you from sin. If you sin you can repent via confession.

1 John 1
5And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you: God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us.

No one is talking about sinless perfectionism. Let's just take 1 John 1:5-7 and see what it says. It's about walking in the light (doing good, being righteous) as a prerequisite for having the blood of Jesus cleanse you from sin. If you sin you can repent via confession.

1 John 1
5And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you: God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6If we say we have fellowship with Him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar, and His word is not in us.
So, it's really not about keeping the commandments after all.

Is it now about doing the best you can?

So, it's really not about keeping the commandments after all.

Is it now about doing the best you can?

Keeping the commandments is the best you can do. God has designated specific commands as what He considers to be righteous. His commands are not burdensome.

Why do you want to avoid avoid being righteous?

Keeping the commandments is the best you can do. God has designated specific commands as what He considers to be righteous. His commands are not burdensome.

Why do you want to avoid avoid being righteous?
With all due respect you post indicated that if you don't keep Gods commandments...you don't have eternal life.
When that was pointed out you backpedaled ...which is OK.

Just for the record...no one is breaking the commandments on purpose...as in license to sin or “easy believism” as you accused.

With all due respect you post indicated that if you don't keep Gods commandments...you don't have eternal life.
When that was pointed out you backpedaled ...which is OK.

Just for the record...no one is breaking the commandments on purpose...as in license to sin or “easy believism” as you accused.

To be clear I am not backpedaling. I am pushing keeping God’s commandments as a requirement for salvation because that’s what the Bible says. If you stop keeping God’s commandments you can fall from grace and need to repent.

Will people fail in their effort to keep God’s commands? Yes they will, but can the be forgiven and continue trying? Of course.

To be clear I am not backpedaling. I am pushing keeping God’s commandments as a requirement for salvation because that’s what the Bible says. If you stop keeping God’s commandments you can fall from grace and need to repent.

You are PUSHING a works based salvation.
Will people fail in their effort to keep God’s commands? Yes they will, but can the be forgiven and continue trying? Of course.
Do tell us, how much works must one do to get saved and how much additional works must one do to remain saved?

You are PUSHING a works based salvation.
I think you just aren't understanding salvation, but perhaps you need to know the reasoning behind the sacrifice of Christ.

So under the old covenant they were using animal sacrifices on an annual bases as an offering for their sins. They needed to continually do this year after year after year, but the animal sacrifices could not permanently forgive their sins. Where the Son of God, the perfect man, came into play is that his sacrifice was of such high quality that it permanently forgives sins.

You have a sin sacrifice available for you, but it has to be accessed not only through faith but also righteous living. Your faith is your trust in what God has informed you to do through His prophets is what is required for you to do. It's repeated over and over through the New Testament that those who do the will of the Father will enter the kingdom of heaven and those who don't will perish.

Your righteous living is your reasonable service to God. Provided you are living in accordance with God's will, though you may fall 100 times you can get up 100 times, you are accessing God's grace. You will be judged after you die based on what God decides for you. In the interim, abusing God's grace is a quick way to lose His grace and thus lose your sin sacrifice. I believe I have shown you an adequate amount of scripture to support all of this. Christ's sacrifice is not a license to sin as much as you want.

Do tell us, how much works must one do to get saved and how much additional works must one do to remain saved?
You need to strive toward righteousness your whole life without giving up.

Romans 2
5But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.” 7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil, first for the Jew, then for the Greek; 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism.

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the law who will be declared righteous.

John 3:16.....ever read it?
Of course I have read that, but what you should also be concerned with are some of the deeper things Jesus and others said. Plainly, you don't have eternal life yet. Why do you think each person has a judgement coming?

Luke 18
29“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30will fail to receive many times more in this age—and in the age to come, eternal life.”

Luke 20
35But those who are considered worthy to share in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. 36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.

Romans 2
5But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God “will repay each one according to his deeds.” 7To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

The wages of sin is death-
Although it may sound odd, is this something that could be understood as God will at some point collect on that debt from us or to put it another way, God is the author of both life and death.

Thoughts?
Thanks.
Word games. When you SINNED the first time, you became SPIRITUALLY DEAD, because you'd fallen short of God's requirements, and had come under sentence of DEATH as we ALL DO. God's GRACE (unmerited favor), however, allowed you to physically survive so that you could be "BORN AGAIN" of the Holy Spirit, and become spiritually ALIVE again IF - you surrendered to Him, Repented of your SIN, and called upon Him for salvation.

You sure surprised me. Your work based theology doesn't indicate it.
How is it my theology when I just quoted Paul, Jesus, John, and Hebrews plainly saying that one can fall from grace or lose their sin sacrifice? You really don't want to read those do you? Please read them. You don't want to get blindsided with this on your judgement day.

How is it my theology when I just quoted Paul, Jesus, John, and Hebrews plainly saying that one can fall from grace or lose their sin sacrifice? You really don't want to read those do you? Please read them. You don't want to get blindsided with this on your judgement day.
Let's take a moment and read John 3:16 together....OK?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Belief = not perish as in eternal life. Sooooooooooooooo, if you believe in His only Son you have "eternal" life. Eternal means just that...eternal. Pretty simple, eh?

So, if you have something that's "eternal"....how can you lose it? If you can lose it then it wasn't "eternal" to begin with.

Do you see the problem the bible has with your theology?

Let's take a moment and read John 3:16 together....OK?

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Belief = not perish as in eternal life. Sooooooooooooooo, if you believe in His only Son you have "eternal" life. Eternal means just that...eternal. Pretty simple, eh?

So, if you have something that's "eternal"....how can you lose it? If you can lose it then it wasn't "eternal" to begin with.

Do you see the problem the bible has with your theology?
What do you think they meant by meant by believing in Jesus? Jesus believe in Jesus then go and practice unrepentant idolatry, murder, stealing, and adultery and you get a warm welcome into the kingdom of heaven?

What do you think they meant by meant by believing in Jesus? Jesus believe in Jesus then go and practice unrepentant idolatry, murder, stealing, and adultery and you get a warm welcome into the kingdom of heaven?
You do know belief...salvation, produces good works...not your way in which you insist works produce and maintain salvation.

You do know you can be freed from your false belief?

Back