The Whippoorwill Song

Theo1689

"I Give You Freedom" -- Alfred B. Smith

I set the bound'ries of the ocean vast,
Carved out the mountains from the distant past,
Molded a man from the miry clay,
Breathed in him life, but he went astray.

[Chorus]
I own the cattle on a thousand hills;
I write the music for the whippoorwills,
Control the planets with their rocks and rills,

But give you freedom to use your own will.

[Verse 2]
I hold the waters in my mighty hand,
Spread out the heavens with a single span,
Make all creation tremble at My voice,

But My own sons come to Me by choice.

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
Even the oxen know the Master's stall,
And sheep will recognize the shepherd's call.
I could demand your love- I own you twice;

But only willing love is worth the price.

[Chorus]

[Coda]
And if you want Me to, I'll make you whole;
I'll only do it though if you say so.
I'll never force you for I love you so;

I give you freedom; is it yes or no?

Discuss.

Chalcedon

No! But then I was not physically dead like Lazarus.
no but you were spiritually dead - same difference one being physical the other spiritual. Just as the physically dead cannot experience any physical stimuli, the same is true with the spiritually dead with anything of the spirit.

next...................

PeanutGallery

no but you were spiritually dead - same difference one being physical the other spiritual. Just as the physically dead cannot experience any physical stimuli, the same is true with the spiritually dead with anything of the spirit.

next...................
Spiritually dead does not prevent a physically alive person to believe and live.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Chalcedon

Spiritually dead does not prevent a physically alive person to believe and live.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Yes it actually does as per Ephesians 2 and Colossians 2.

next

CrowCross

next...................
Some people think they were simply spiritually sick.....not dead.

JDS

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]

[Chorus]

[Coda]

Discuss.
Adam, who walked with God in the Garden made a choice to save his bride from her sin by taking it upon himself and to throw himself and her upon God's mercy and grace to save them both. He knew God better than any Calvinist ever will. God has not disappointed Adam because he has done exactly as Adam thought. God has provided a way to be renewed to his image for all of Adams race and it is through the death of his own son whom he sent into the world to reconcile them and all he asks of us is faith in what he says and for that we will be received.

Adam and Eve will be in heaven when those of us who are saved gets there and we will meet them, because not only was Adam the first to sin but he was also the first to be justified by his faith in God.

Justification by faith in what God says to us is the one constant principle of all the ages by which men are justified before God. He can do that for all sinners because there is an agency that washes sin away and that is the blood of Christ.

Justification is illustrated in Romans 4 by Abraham before the law of God was written, by David, who lived under the Mosaic law, and by those of us who live post resurrection and ascension to heaven of Jesus Christ.

To us after the law of Moses as an operative principle of divine dealing with Israel, he says this.

Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his (Abraham's) sake alone, that it (the perfect righteousness that God required) was imputed to him;
24 But for us also (those believers who live after Jesus rose from the dead), to whom it shall be imputed (in the future), if (this is a condition) we believe on him (God the Father) that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Jesus Christ is our savior and he died for us and rose again but it is God the Father whose testimony we must believe. Calvinists are believing Jesus died and was buried and rose from the dead but they do not believe what God says about it. It is God the Father who is the judge of all the earth and it is he who justifies or condemns. He says he justifies those who believes what he says. Calvinists say he does not. It is that simple.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? [It is] God that justifieth.
34 Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his (God the Father's) grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 [Is he] the God of the Jews only? [is he] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

This is a marvelous truth and may our Father God be glorified by our faith in what he says to us, because we believe it.

PeanutGallery

Yes it actually does as per Ephesians 2 and Colossians 2.
Provide the context of Eph 2 and Col 2 which explains the error of believing to have life in John 20:31.

Chalcedon

Provide the context of Eph 2 and Col 2 which explains the error of believing to have life in John 20:31.
sure it does dead means dead- not alive.

but in your topst turvy world alive is dead, dead is alive, up is down down is up, left is right, light is dark and so on and so forth.

Chalcedon

The dead can believe:
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
No he couldn't believe, he was dead . Jesus put life back into his dead body then called him form the grave. Try reading and believing Jesus sometime.

next

preacher4truth

Yes he likes to twist the truth into the above.
He or she most likely won't admit that nor accept correction. They just keep digging their theologically inept hole deeper. I see it like when people lie, they have to keep lying to cover their previous lies. Same thing here, cover up mistakes and errors with more mistakes and errors.

Last edited:

preacher4truth

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]

[Chorus]

[Coda]

Discuss.
Hmmm. I thought biblical freedom was being set free from our sin.

PeanutGallery

The dead can believe:
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
That's speaking of those who are saved, who have died, showing the fact that they will be raised.
Which one is true:
a) Physically dead can believe.
b) Spiritually dead can believe.

PeanutGallery

No he couldn't believe, he was dead . Jesus put life back into his dead body then called him form the grave. Try reading and believing Jesus sometime.

next
God says: