The Whippoorwill Song

preacher4truth

God says:
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
I know, you still don't understand the passage.

preacher4truth

Looks like PG needs a rudimentary lesson in "verb tenses".
I was going to give the chronology, but that would have been a waste of my time.

Just like my other responses to PG where he has been corrected, yet will not accept correction. Others have done the same.

Perhaps the question should be asked of PG, "Why are you, being alive, unable to hear and believe the truth when it's right in front of you, and has been explained?"

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Spiritually dead does not prevent a physically alive person to believe and live.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Except it does....

“For mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

Chalcedon

God says:
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
way to make a hodge podge by taking the scripture and RIPPING those verses from their intended context to form your unbiblical doctrine.

yikes

PeanutGallery

I know, you still don't understand the passage.
You mean I don't understand your theology.
God says:

PeanutGallery

way to make a hodge podge by taking the scripture and RIPPING those verses from their intended context to form your unbiblical doctrine.
You mean ripping them out of your theology's context:
God says:

preacher4truth

You mean I don't understand your theology.
God says:
All you are proving, over and over, is you cannot see the actual meaning of Scripture.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Key here is 'set the mind'; one has a choice where to set the mind.

Actually that simply means carnally minded vs spiritually minded....

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Sketo

God says:

Using John 11:25 or John 20:31 to prove that man is not “alive” when he “believes” is like using Matthew 24:13 to prove that your not “saved” until you reach the “end”…

But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Are those enduring not “saved” while they are “enduring” or do they have to reach the “end” first?

The proper understanding of live, life, and saved is in reference to the second death. None of these are referring to “regeneration” which precedes the very believing!

Last edited:

Chalcedon

Key here is 'set the mind'; one has a choice where to set the mind.
the natural man is HOSTILE towards God and his choice is always to hate God and love self which is just the opposite of what Jesus requires which is to deny self and love God. Try reading and believing the bible not PELAGIUS,

next

PeanutGallery

Actually that simply means carnally minded vs spiritually minded....

14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Were the babes in Christ spiritually minded?

1Cor 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Cor 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

PeanutGallery

Using John 11:25 or John 20:31 to prove that man is not “alive” when he “believes”...
That is exactly what God says:

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Were the babes in Christ spiritually minded?

1Cor 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Cor 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
Yes….you can’t be “in Christ” and not be spiritually minded. A babe in Christ is simply a new believer.

PeanutGallery

It's truly amazing to me that you can read (or perhaps you did not bother to read) Scipture that denotes inabiity ("cannot"), and so you TWIST it to mean, "ABILITY" ("can choose to set the mind".)

Inconceivable!
Scripture states 'will not' not 'unable'
John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.