The Whippoorwill Song

PeanutGallery

Yes….you can’t be “in Christ” and not be spiritually minded. A babe in Christ is simply a new believer.
Spiritually minded babes:
1Cor 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Cor 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Spiritually minded babes:
1Cor 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Cor 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

You might want to read about Paul and his own struggle with the flesh (carnality) then put those verses in that context.

Your nature doesn't disappear....hence the reason so many still struggle with sin. That in no way means they aren't 'in Christ'.....that they are 'in Christ' is the reason they see sin as a struggle to begin with....the carnal mind doesn't see sin as a struggle.

PeanutGallery

Yes….you can’t be “in Christ” and not be spiritually minded. A babe in Christ is simply a new believer.
You might want to read about Paul and his own struggle with the flesh (carnality) then put those verses in that context.

Your nature doesn't disappear....hence the reason so many still struggle with sin. That in no way means they aren't 'in Christ'.....that they are 'in Christ' is the reason they see sin as a struggle to begin with....the carnal mind doesn't see sin as a struggle.
Were the babes in Christ spiritually minded?

PeanutGallery

See my previous post, which answers this.
Yes, they were spiritual babes in Christ, but were they spiritually minded as you stated:

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they were spiritual babes in Christ, but were they spiritually minded as you stated:
I’ve answered this already, yet you keep asking. Go read my responses.

Sketo

That is exactly what God says:
Yes… God says that those who believe will live and “shall never die”… referring to the second death.

The Context is not referring to regeneration as you falsely imply.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live;

Joh 11:26 and whosoever liveth and believeth on me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Still not referring to regeneration as you falsely imply.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

And this passage is saying nothing different than Matthew 24:13 which states

But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Still not referring to regeneration as you falsely imply.