The Word

Dant01

John 1:14 . . . So the Word became flesh and resided among us

The Greek word translated "word" in that verse is logos (log'-os) which refers primarily
to spoken words, i.e. audible. (e.g. Matt 3:17)

So the cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --came into existence by
means of God's voice, viz: by means of His speech rather than His thoughts and/or
His will.

2Pet 3:5 . . There were heavens from of old by the word of God

Had God curbed His tongue, there'd be no stars out in space, nor clouds in the sky.

Exactly how God's speech has enough power, force, and energy to bring things into
existence is just as mystifying to me how His speech is a sentient being. The
difference is quite large, viz: it's one thing to speak a sentient being into existence
while quite another for the voice itself to be a sentient being; but there it is. Don't
ask me how God's spoken words are sentient because it is just too far beyond the
capability of my below-average IQ to figure out.

The Jehovah's Witnesses say that God's speech is a god. Well; that's true, but it's
not the whole truth. In order to be spot on, we have to spell god with an upper case
G so that there's absolutely no mistaking whose speech we're talking about. If
someone wants to say that God's speech is a deity; okay, but we cannot allow
God's own speech to be any less divine than Himself.

According to John 1:14, God's spoken words took on the nature of human life. How
it's possible for God's spoken words to be anything other than His vocalizations, I
haven't a clue; but if God's spoken words can become human, then there are no
doubt many other things they could become should God want them to: for example
clouds, flames, winds, or even bolts of lightning.

I haven't a clue how it is that God's spoken words constitute a divine being;
nevertheless, John 1:1-3 says the Word is exactly that. But we are not talking
about two divine beings in that passage; only one; and that's because (to my
knowledge) God has only one voice with which to speak His words.

The Watch Tower Society alleges that the Logos (a.k.a. the Word) is a celestial being
named Michael the arch angel. Well; I seriously doubt that an angel comes flying
out of God's mouth when He speaks. Also, were God's voice to be an angel, that
would mean that all the while that Michael wasn't existing as angel when he was in
human form, God was speechless.
_

Last edited:

Cisco Qid

John 1:14 . . . So the Word became flesh and resided among us

The Greek word translated "word" in that verse is logos (log'-os) which refers primarily
to spoken words, i.e. audible. (e.g. Matt 3:17)

So the cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --came into existence by
means of God's voice, viz: by means of His speech rather than His thoughts and/or
His will.

2Pet 3:5 . . There were heavens from of old by the word of God

Had God curbed His tongue, there'd be no stars out in space, nor clouds in the sky.

Exactly how God's speech has enough power, force, and energy to bring things into
existence is just as mystifying to me how His speech is a sentient being. The
difference is quite large, viz: it's one thing to speak a sentient being into existence
while quite another for the voice itself to be a sentient being; but there it is. Don't
ask me how God's spoken words are sentient because it is just too far beyond the
capability of my below-average IQ to figure out.

The Jehovah's Witnesses say that God's speech is a god. Well; that's true, but it's
not the whole truth. In order to be spot on, we have to spell god with an upper case
G so that there's absolutely no mistaking whose speech we're talking about. If
someone wants to say that God's speech is a deity; okay, but we cannot allow
God's own speech to be any less divine than Himself.

According to John 1:14, God's spoken words took on the nature of human life. How
it's possible for God's spoken words to be anything other than His vocalizations, I
haven't a clue; but if God's spoken words can become human, then there are no
doubt many other things they could become should God want them to: for example
clouds, flames, winds, or even bolts of lightning.

I haven't a clue how it is that God's spoken words constitute a divine being;
nevertheless, John 1:1-3 says the Word is exactly that. But we are not talking
about two divine beings in that passage; only one; and that's because (to my
knowledge) God has only one voice with which to speak His words.

The Watch Tower Society alleges that the Logos (a.k.a. the Word) is a celestial being
named Michael the arch angel. Well; I seriously doubt that an angel comes flying
out of God's mouth when He speaks. Also, were God's voice to be an angel, that
would mean that all the while that Michael wasn't existing as angel when he was in
human form, God was speechless.
_
Also, in your first Bible verse: John 1:14 . . . So the Word became flesh and resided among us
The word for resided is
Skenoo - to pitch tent, encamp; to tabernacle, dwell in a tent; to dwell, have one's abode. As in reference to the old testament tabernacle in the wilderness.

Exodus 25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell in their midst. 9 Exactly as I show you concerning the pattern of the tabernacle, and of all its furniture, so you shall make it.