They don't have an official priesthood.

So you believe that the saints in Heaven can hear thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of prayers to them everyday, some of them all at the same time, and they can hear all of those, remember them all, and remember who asked for what, without being omniscient?
You catch on quick!
Are you serious?
Very. The saints in heaven no longer have the limitations of the flesh.

So you believe that the saints in Heaven can hear thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of prayers to them everyday, some of them all at the same time, and they can hear all of those, remember them all, and remember who asked for what, without being omniscient? Are you serious?
My point exactly! Only God can do that.

I will continue to pray to God in Christ Jesus--at Ieast I know God can hear my prayers and answer them . I have His word on that!

No, they sure don't.

I fail to see why the attributes of God would be required to hear people's prayers. It isn't like it is all that difficult.
Oh, so you fail to see what is so patently obvious to us non RCCers...? Let me enlighten you.

The dead in Christ are in heaven, correct? Physically alive people are on earth, correct?

Now, hundreds if not thousands of Catholics alive upon the earth pray to these the dead in Christ, in heaven, especially Mary. Many all over the earth could be praying to Mary at the same time...are you following me so far? Soooo...how could these departed saints in heaven hear thousands of prayers being said to them by the physically alive people on earth? With thousands on earth praying to one saint in heaven at the same time? And how could this saint keep straight who on earth is praying what, to him/her in heaven? THAT would require omniscience, which ONLY God has. We humans, even in heaven, are NOT omniscient, or omnipotent.

I hope you get it, now. This is not brain surgery or rocket science.

Sheesh.

To my non-RCC friends--is what I wrote here difficult to comprehend? Was I unclear? Let me know.

No, they sure don't.

I fail to see why the attributes of God would be required to hear people's prayers. It isn't like it is all that difficult.
I'll repeat then.....you think it's not "all that difficult" for someone who isn't God to hear and remember thousands of prayers sent to them at the very same time? And they don't have to be omniscient to be able to do that? ......Bonnie explained it very well, but I'll add.........those are attributes that ONLY an omniscient God is capable of........not any "saint" (which you don't know if the one you're praying to is even in Heaven, btw) nor Mary, nor angels, nor anyone else but
..........God only!!

Oh, so you fail to see what is so patently obvious to us non RCCers...? Let me enlighten you.

The dead in Christ are in heaven, correct? Physically alive people are on earth, correct?

Now, hundreds if not thousands of Catholics alive upon the earth pray to these the dead in Christ, in heaven, especially Mary. Many all over the earth could be praying to Mary at the same time...are you following me so far? Soooo...how could these departed saints in heaven hear thousands of prayers being said to them by the physically alive people on earth? With thousands on earth praying to one saint in heaven at the same time? And how could this saint keep straight who on earth is praying what, to him/her in heaven? THAT would require omniscience, which ONLY God has. We humans, even in heaven, are NOT omniscient, or omnipotent.

Sheesh.

To my non-RCC friends--is what I wrote here difficult to comprehend? Was I unclear? Let me know.
No you were very clear and you posted the truth. The truth is not hard to understand at all. If praying to the dead was important then why did Jesus only teach us to pray to the Father? Why did the apostle never record a Marian prayer, after she died? If they were to hear the prayers of the RCs from all over the world there would have to be able to hear them all which is not possible for those who are not divine.

But then RCs have some very strange beliefs some think even on earth they can become gods. I mean the posts on these threads is very enlightening on how the RCC has changed and how they can justify any false belief they wish to follow.

Yeah--like I need you to "enlighten" me.

Now, hundreds if not thousands of Catholics alive upon the earth pray to these the dead in Christ, in heaven, especially Mary. Many all over the earth could be praying to Mary at the same time...are you following me so far?
Yes.
Soooo...how could these departed saints in heaven hear thousands of prayers being said to them by the physically alive people on earth?
What difference does it make? They can. How do I know how heaven works? I just know they can and do because the Church testifies to it. Why does it matter HOW it works? What matters to me is THAT it works, not HOW it works.
With thousands on earth praying to one saint in heaven at the same time? And how could this saint keep straight who on earth is praying what, to him/her in heaven? THAT would require omniscience, which ONLY God has. We humans, even in heaven, are NOT omniscient, or omnipotent.
It would ONLY require omniscience if there was an infinite number of people praying. The people praying are finite.
I know. You are the one turning this into brain surgery with your "Gee whiz, I mean shucks, you know? How can the saints hear the prayers of so many people at once? Impossible!" Who cares? All things are possible with God.
Sheesh. To my non-RCC friends--is what I wrote here difficult to comprehend? Was I unclear? Let me know.
There is nothing difficult to comprehend here. I just do not understand why you care how the saints are able to do this. What difference does it make HOW they do it?

I mean--Mary brought forth the savior without affecting her virginity. How could that be? Who cares? Mary conceived through the Holy Spirit.' Wow, how did that work? Who cares? It worked.

Yeah--like I need you to "enlighten" me.

Apparently you do.
Yes.

What difference does it make? They can.

Prove it. And the difference it makes is that we KNOW from what the Bible has in it, that God in Christ Jesus hears our prayers. We have His word on it!

The danger of praying to saints all the time for help, succor, and even salvation can lead to people putting more faith and trust in these dead saints than in Jesus Christ! It can lead to outright worship of these departed saints, as it has of Mary, in the RCC.
How do I know how heaven works?

YOU don't. God does. And nowhere does His holy word say that the saints in heaven can all hear the prayers of people on earth, praying to them, hundreds, maybe thousands of them, praying to one saint or another, all at the same time, and keep straight who prayed what.
I just know they can and do because the Church testifies to it.

There we have it folks--someone blindly believing what the RCC teaches, even though it has not a hint of evidence from the Bible to support this teaching!
Why does it matter HOW it works? What matters to me is THAT it works, not HOW it works.

But there is zero evidence from the Bible that the dead in Christ can hear the prayers of the living on earth, keep straight who prayed what, and answer those prayers.
It would ONLY require omniscience if there was an infinite number of people praying. The people praying are finite.

Oh, please, I have heard of this ridiculous excuse before, on here! SOoooo....it would NOT require omniscience to for any saint in heaven to hear prayers from those on earth....and it would not require omniscience for Mary to hear say....153,021 prayers being said to her by 153,021 people praying to her, at the same time, on earth? And keep track of who prayed what?
I know. You are the one turning this into brain surgery with your "Gee whiz, I mean shucks, you know? How can the saints hear the prayers of so many people at once? Impossible!" Who cares? All things are possible with God.

With man it is impossible, but with God, NOTHING is impossible. Which is why HE can hear our prayers, millions of them being prayed to Him at the same time, and keep track who prayed what, and also, answer the prayers. The dead in Christ cannot.

There is nothing difficult to comprehend here. I just do not understand why you care how the saints are able to do this.

What I care about is that nowhere does Scripture even hint that the dead in Christ can hear our prayers to them from the living on the earth. Nowhere does Scripture have even one example of a saint on earth praying to the dead in Christ. Nowhere are we told, in the Bible, to pray to anyone except God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
What difference does it make HOW they do it?

the point is, there is ZERO EVIDENCE IN THE BIBLE that they can!
I mean--Mary brought forth the savior without affecting her virginity. How could that be? Who cares?

THAT is biblical and taught in the Bible! Praying to saints dead in the Lord for help, comfort, and even salvation, is NOT.
Mary conceived through the Holy Spirit.' Wow, how did that work? Who cares? It worked.
This is entirely Biblical, romish. It is actually in the Bible--praying to saints dead in the Lord for help, safety, comfort, and even salvation IS NOT.

I think the Catholics on here think that is all right, so long as the Eucharist is given to God only. The rest of the service can be focused entirely on Mary, Mary, Mary, but as long as the Eucharist is given to God--then that makes the entire service Christ-focused, in their eyes.
You make a very good point.
I was reading an old article published by Zenit (The World Seen From Rome) that presented a news item based on statements made by Pope John Paul II. The article caught my attention because it was about an announcement that then current pope had made about the Eucharist. The article was titled "Why the Pope Would Write an Encyclical on the Eucharist: To Rekindle Amazement."
I guess it wasn't enough that the RCC pope had already declared the Eucharist to be the focal point for the RC's missionary vision at theEuchraistic Congress in June of 2000. The very idea that the pope had written an Encyclicical on the Eucharist to "Rekindle Amazement" in the Eucharist was for the RCC and all Roman Catholics to realize a new take on an old theme.
Do you find the following statement that this pope made to be . . . 'enlightening'?:

"The Church will only be able to address the
challenge of the new evangelization if she is able
to contemplate, and enter into a profound
relationship with Christ in the sacrament that makes
his presence real"

. Roman Catholic Pope John Paul II

I was reading an old article published by Zenit (The World Seen From Rome) that presented a news item based on statements made by Pope John Paul II. The article caught my attention because it was about an announcement that then current pope had made about the Eucharist. The article was titled "Why the Pope Would Write an Encyclical on the Eucharist: To Rekindle Amazement."
I guess it wasn't enough that the RCC pope had already declared the Eucharist to be the focal point for the RC's missionary vision at theEuchraistic Congress in June of 2000. The very idea that the pope had written an Encyclicical on the Eucharist to "Rekindle Amazement" in the Eucharist was for the RCC and all Roman Catholics to realize a new take on an old theme.
Do you find the following statement that this pope made to be . . . 'enlightening'?:

his presence real"

Being indwelt by the Holy Spirit makes Jesus Christ's presence real, not some wafer.

I guess it wasn't enough that the RCC pope had already declared the Eucharist to be the focal point for the RC's missionary vision at the Euchraistic Congress in June of 2000. The very idea that the pope had written an Encyclicical on the Eucharist to "Rekindle Amazement" in the Eucharist was for the RCC and all Roman Catholics to realize a new take on an old theme.

his presence real"

No, she makes a very stupid point. It is clear the poster has never been to Mass.

Back