Thief on the cross - forgiven how?

You should study how tzelem is used in Genesis 1:26 some more.

You draw your conclusions from the ECFs who didn't know much to begin with. Sounds like your teachers are the same, TB.
You mean like this: (from the above reference)

2 image, likeness, of resemblance, ׳בְּצ (בָּרָא) עָשָׂה, of God's making man in his own image, Genesis 1:26("" כִּדְמוּתֵנוּ), Genesis 1:27; Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6, ׳כְּצ Genesis 5:3 ("" בִּדְמוּתוֺ; all P).

It looks like you're finally agreeing with what God told us all.

Show us the word is a person in Tanakh. Otherwise, I've already shown God the Father spoke everything into existence.
I'll show you where the Word created all things and without the Word, nothing was made that was made. How about that? Will you believe?
BTW, don't forget Jesus has knees that bow, and a tongue that will acknowledge the true God.
Yes...you have a body. God has a body...and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. For a season, immortality put on mortality, so that mortality could be swallowed up in immortality.

He is also nephesh...and life comes by His Ruach. Body, soul, spirit. One. Chad. In perfect union. And we, too, body soul and spirit, are one...destined to that union that we lost in the fall.

You have to remember. The Adam God created did die the day he disobeyed, and, yet, he was not created to die. But he ate of the fruit. Simple as that. In disobedience, he was the first to be clothed in mortality, and corruption entered God's perfect creation. And God covered even that.

Well, you waited since Oct 21 to answer until now? Why?
I have a crazy schedule. Your posts require time and reflexion.

I appreciate that.

No, you're focused on a physical image. I'm not. Anything physical is finite. You see how that works?
Your logic is finite.

Image is only finite by your definition...If God is infinite, and has an image and a likeness in which we were created, you are artificially limiting God according to the corruption that you have seen in your experience. You cannot know what was before the fall, and your imagination is clearly not given to wonder. I fail to suspect that God is as limited as your imagination has proven to be.

He clearly said, "Let us create man in our image and in our likeness." And you say he has neither image nor likeness...

The contradiction is not in Torah. It's in your own limited understanding.

Nope. No redrawing on our part.
Nope...Read the strong's definition you posted again. You actually served my point extremely well.

No, I'm suggesting your god was created at best.
I know...Insulting the intelligence of others with disrespect and a dash of blasphemy seems to serve your purpose...but it's actually wasted on me. You have limited your god, and denied the Word the Living Truth gave you to know Him.

You mean like this: (from the above reference)

2 image, likeness, of resemblance, ׳בְּצ (בָּרָא) עָשָׂה, of God's making man in his own image, Genesis 1:26("" כִּדְמוּתֵנוּ), Genesis 1:27; Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6, ׳כְּצ Genesis 5:3 ("" בִּדְמוּתוֺ; all P).

It looks like you're finally agreeing with what God told us all.
3 figurative = mere, empty, image, semblance, ׳בְּצ Psalm 39:7 as (ב essentiae) a (mere) semblance man walks about; צַלְמָם תִּבְזֶה Psalm 73:20 thou wilt despise their semblance.

So, mankind's purpose was to rule on earth as God rules in the heavens.

Toar would be used for the shape or figure of something, Gen 39:6.

Last edited:
Your logic is finite.
And so is a physical image.

Image is only finite by your definition...If God is infinite, and has an image and a likeness in which we were created, you are artificially limiting God according to the corruption that you have seen in your experience.
I've explained how a figurative image, an idea, isn't physical, and that's the image spoken of.

You cannot know what was before the fall, and your imagination is clearly not given to wonder. I fail to suspect that God is as limited as your imagination has proven to be.
We know God isn't physical or you'd have to explain your godhead creation.

He clearly said, "Let us create man in our image and in our likeness." And you say he has neither image nor likeness...
Nope. I never said that. Why falsify what I said?

The contradiction is not in Torah. It's in your own limited understanding.
You're the one confused about what I've said.

Nope...Read the strong's definition you posted again. You actually served my point extremely well.
Yep. You missed part of it.

I know...Insulting the intelligence of others with disrespect and a dash of blasphemy seems to serve your purpose...but it's actually wasted on me. You have limited your god, and denied the Word the Living Truth gave you to know Him.
Sorry. A physical god is limited. That's why those with knees and tongues will confess the true God. Guess who that includes?

I'll show you where the Word created all things and without the Word, nothing was made that was made. How about that? Will you believe?
I already showed you that God, the Father, spoke all into existence.

Yes...you have a body. God has a body...
Who created your gods bodies?

and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. For a season, immortality put on mortality, so that mortality could be swallowed up in immortality.
Rotfl... then this isn't God.

He is also nephesh...and life comes by His Ruach. Body, soul, spirit. One. Chad. In perfect union. And we, too, body soul and spirit, are one...destined to that union that we lost in the fall.
Who in your godhead acts as the female model for Eve?

You have to remember. The Adam God created did die the day he disobeyed, and, yet, he was not created to die. But he ate of the fruit. Simple as that. In disobedience, he was the first to be clothed in mortality, and corruption entered God's perfect creation. And God covered even that.

I have a crazy schedule. Your posts require time and reflexion.

I appreciate that.
No problem.

I already showed you that God, the Father, spoke all into existence.
Yes...and without the Word was not anything made that was made, as John rightly points out.

The Word is the creative arm of God. He does nothing apart from the Word, as I've said so many times, and as you almost agreed once.

Who created your gods bodies?
Who eliminated your god's likeness and image, and rendered the Torah to nonsensical, meaningless claims? Your question is as insulting as you enjoy making it, and meaningless.

Rotfl... then this isn't God.
Well...He's clearly not your limited god, incapable of fulfilling the promise of scripture. But your god is bereft of image and likeness, and, in short, Truth.
Who in your godhead acts as the female model for Eve?
The Church. There is a wedding. Where is the female in your non-existent image of god?
No problem.
I like having more time...It doesn't happen often.

And so is a physical image.
Prove it...apart from time as God is apart from time. You are making claims from a realm you have never approached. I'll stick to what God actually said...He has an image and a likeness...and He created Adam in both.
I've explained how a figurative image, an idea, isn't physical, and that's the image spoken of.
You've shown me what you had to make up to deny scripture. I understand that the Torah can be very inconvenient when you prefer non-scriptural explanations. It's a pesky stumbling block, when God made it so clear.

We know God isn't physical or you'd have to explain your godhead creation.
We know God walked with Adam in the cool of the day. I don't have to explain that...but you definitely do.

Well...no. You are actually forced once again to deny what is written.
Nope. I never said that. Why falsify what I said?
Sorry...I do apologize...

You have to redefine both image and likeness esoterically, and not according to the Strong's definition you shared, and their meaning subject to your religious approval.

You're the one confused about what I've said.
No...I understand your words and their implication. You balk at the implication, and deny it when I refer to it. Does God have an actual image? Does He have a likeness? Outside of "character"?

Yep. You missed part of it.
Actually...I posted the part you continue to deny. I actually read the entire definition...etymology fascinates me.

Sorry. A physical god is limited. That's why those with knees and tongues will confess the true God. Guess who that includes?
No need to apologize for you limited understanding...a God Who cannot manifest according to His Way and according to His Will to fulfill His Word as He promised He would is limited by those who created him in their imagination and according to their fantasies.

Even in Jesus' Day...the Father still spoke, and the Spirit still breathed life. He never stopped being God. And the Word walked among us, and manifested the Father for all to see.

Yes...and without the Word was not anything made that was made, as John rightly points out.
God just spoke. There wasn't another person called the word involved.

The Word is the creative arm of God.
God just speaks. He doesn't have arms.

He does nothing apart from the Word, as I've said so many times, and as you almost agreed once.
God doesn't need advice from anyone. He just speaks and it's done.

Who eliminated your god's likeness and image, and rendered the Torah to nonsensical, meaningless claims?
Answer my previous question. The idea of gods with a body is very Mormon.

I've explained likeness and image aren't physical when it pertains to God. Even Jesus said to Peter, God has no flesh or blood.

Your question is as insulting as you enjoy making it, and meaningless.
You've said previously your God has a body.

Well...He's clearly not your limited god, incapable of fulfilling the promise of scripture. But your god is bereft of image and likeness, and, in short, Truth.
Who created your gods bodies then?

The Church. There is a wedding.
The church wasn't around in the garden.

Where is the female in your non-existent image of god?
That's in your parking lot since your gods have bodies.

I like having more time...It doesn't happen often.
Ok.

Prove it...apart from time as God is apart from time.
When you make something physical, it is confined to space and time. Are you familiar with the basic physics equations for distance, position, speed, etc.? A body is limited.

You are making claims from a realm you have never approached. I'll stick to what God actually said...He has an image and a likeness...and He created Adam in both.
And neither were physical. Why did Jesus say that God is neither flesh nor blood? The basis for that is Isaiah 40:18,25; 46:6, where the root damah is used for likeness. This same root is used for blood, what is physically comparable, and the basis for the root for adam, man.

You have zero idea of what you're talking about.

You've shown me what you had to make up to deny scripture. I understand that the Torah can be very inconvenient when you prefer non-scriptural explanations. It's a pesky stumbling block, when God made it so clear.
I'm not the one that doesn't understand the basics like above.

We know God walked with Adam in the cool of the day. I don't have to explain that...but you definitely do.
Just a voice traveled.

Well...no. You are actually forced once again to deny what is written.
Rotfl...

Sorry...I do apologize...
Ok.

You have to redefine both image and likeness esoterically, and not according to the Strong's definition you shared, and their meaning subject to your religious approval.
Actually, I gave the whole Strong's and you picked the top ones.

No...I understand your words and their implication. You balk at the implication, and deny it when I refer to it. Does God have an actual image? Does He have a likeness? Outside of "character"?
This is probably why you don't really understand the problems with a physical god.

Actually...I posted the part you continue to deny. I actually read the entire definition...etymology fascinates me.
Wonderful. I posted the part you denied.

No need to apologize for you limited understanding...a God Who cannot manifest according to His Way and according to His Will to fulfill His Word as He promised He would is limited by those who created him in their imagination and according to their fantasies.
Rotfl... creation manifests God's wisdom. A physical god would manifest it is created.

Even in Jesus' Day...the Father still spoke, and the Spirit still breathed life. He never stopped being God. And the Word walked among us, and manifested the Father for all to see.
The heavens and the earth declare the glory of God.

Yes...you have a body. God has a body...and the Word was made flesh and dwelt...
So, did your god have a body before being incarnated? If so, where did they get their physical bodies from?

Don't Mormons believe in gods with human bodies?

So, did your god have a body before being incarnated? If so, where did they get their physical bodies from?

Don't Mormons believe in gods with human bodies?
Before the incarnation, He was the Word...and all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. The Word is the Hand of God that formed all matter. There was no physical body that was not dependent on the Word, and all things are held together by that Word of His Power.

That's what is written...What Mormons believe is immaterial. Joe Smith thought men lived on the sun, and Brigham Young even described men who lived on the moon.

Joe Smith translated an Egyptian sales slip into the Book of the Mormon.

God just spoke. There wasn't another person called the word involved.
God spoke, and that Word created.

And that Word was made flesh, as I described to you yesterday, and dwelt among us. Until you get this, you cannot get this. It's not complicated, but it's not what you have been taught to expect.
God just speaks. He doesn't have arms.
The Word is the creative arm of God. With Him, He "forms". He "lifts". He "creates". He "makes."
God doesn't need advice from anyone. He just speaks and it's done.
And He does nothing apart from the Word. What you said here does not respond to my point.

No one spoke of giving Him advice.
Answer my previous question. The idea of gods with a body is very Mormon.
The idea of Theophany is very OT. With Whom did Jacob night-wrestle, before he became Israel? Hmm? Did He have a body to wrestle with?

I've explained likeness and image aren't physical when it pertains to God. Even Jesus said to Peter, God has no flesh or blood.
Your explanation is lacking Biblical authority...Jesus said no such thing to Peter. He said "Spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see." They were somewhat dumbfounded the first time He appeared after the resurrection...

You've said previously your God has a body.
You misunderstood what I said previously. I said, "Adam was created in the image of God and in His likeness." As it is written. That's my claim, and your explanation has always been wanting.
Who created your gods bodies then?
As I said, your limited elohim are bereft of image and likeness, and, in short, Truth.
The church wasn't around in the garden.
Isn't that something...Time plays into the equation...and God foreknew and foresaw all things. It is not good for man to be alone. He needs, bone for bone, flesh for flesh, image for image, one to love.

That's in your parking lot since your gods have bodies.
Nope. Still parked in your tabernacle. This is not an answer. Where is the female in your non-existent image of god?

Before the incarnation, He was the Word...
There's zero evidence of that. God that Father, Creator, just spoke and it all happened.

and all things were made by Him and without Him was not anything made that was made.
False. One Father, one Creator, Malachi 2:10.

The Word is the Hand of God that formed all matter.
The Father just spoke.

There was no physical body that was not dependent on the Word, and all things are held together by that Word of His Power.
So the word had a body before? Who created the body?

That's what is written...What Mormons believe is immaterial. Joe Smith thought men lived on the sun, and Brigham Young even described men who lived on the moon.
Contradicts Tanakh.

Joe Smith translated an Egyptian sales slip into the Book of the Mormon.
I believe you're right.

When you make something physical, it is confined to space and time. Are you familiar with the basic physics equations for distance, position, speed, etc.? A body is limited.
Are you familiar with quantum physics? They defy all equations, and logic. You have artificially limited your view to your own frame of reference. And you claim nonetheless the authority to describe God.

And neither were physical. Why did Jesus say that God is neither flesh nor blood?
He never did.
The basis for that is Isaiah 40:18,25; 46:6, where the root damah is used for likeness.
Isaiah 40:18To whom will you liken God?
To what image will you compare Him?
25“To whom will you liken Me,
or who is My equal?” asks the Holy One.

And you mistook again. You didn't want verse six. You wanted five.
46:5To whom will you liken Me or count Me equal?
To whom will you compare Me, that we should be alike?

In all of this, God is deriding through Isaiah what Menassah has done, in creating idols. This has nothing to do with our discussion.

This same God likened Himself to Moses and Aaron when He sent them into Egypt. There is much deeper significance here than you seem to grasp. No one was to rule the earth and have dominion, but Adam who had been delegated all the authority of God, and who repudiated his heritage in disobedience.

That is what Jesus came to redeem, and why Jesus could only do so as the Son of Adam, Who He was.
This same root is used for blood, what is physically comparable, and the basis for the root for adam, man.

You have zero idea of what you're talking about.
Nothing in Strong's agrees with you. Blood is dam, a primitive root...Damah is the verb to resemble. A primitive root. Likeness is derived from the verb damah.

Adam has to do with "taken from the earth."
I'm not the one that doesn't understand the basics like above.
Some might deduce otherwise...like above.

Just a voice traveled.
Voices walk?
Actually, I gave the whole Strong's and you picked the top ones.
I picked the pertinent definition. It was applicable, and ignored by you.

This is probably why you don't really understand the problems with a physical god.
This is why you don't understand a God Who creates man in His image and His likeness. It's why you cannot grasp the Word made flesh, Who IS able to dwell among us. And why you have to deny the all-night wrestling match that gave Israel his limp, and prevented you from eating the right thigh.
Wonderful. I posted the part you denied.
Don't need top deny. I accept the entirety...even that part you deny.
Rotfl... creation manifests God's wisdom. A physical god would manifest it is created.
???

The heavens and the earth declare the glory of God.
Agreed.

And so does the Word, for that matter.

God spoke, and that Word created.
His word doesn't return void. No additional person needed.

And that Word was made flesh, as I described to you yesterday, and dwelt among us. Until you get this, you cannot get this. It's not complicated, but it's not what you have been taught to expect.
God the Father's words8 of creation become physical as well. Jesus isn't special as a creation.

The Word is the creative arm of God. With Him, He "forms". He "lifts". He "creates". He "makes."
The word isn't a person. You won't find that in Tanakh.

And He does nothing apart from the Word. What you said here does not respond to my point.
When He speaks things happen.

No one spoke of giving Him advice.
Then He doesn't need the son for creation.

The idea of Theophany is very OT. With Whom did Jacob night-wrestle, before he became Israel?
An angel. Angels represent God, and are called God too, as was Moses, Ex 7:1, etc.

Hmm? Did He have a body to wrestle with?
Yes, an angel was a man.

Your explanation is lacking Biblical authority...Jesus said no such thing to Peter. He said "Spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see." They were somewhat dumbfounded the first time He appeared after the resurrection...
Jesus remained flesh and blood.

Mat 16:17
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

You misunderstood what I said previously. I said, "Adam was created in the image of God and in His likeness." As it is written. That's my claim, and your explanation has always been wanting.
And you said your god has a body. So, please explain what body your god had prior to creation?

As I said, your limited elohim are bereft of image and likeness, and, in short, Truth.
You don't understand either term.

Isn't that something...Time plays into the equation...and God foreknew and foresaw all things. It is not good for man to be alone. He needs, bone for bone, flesh for flesh, image for image, one to love.
Right, it's not good for man to be alone. God is another story. Nehemiah 9:6 says He's alone and created alone.

Nope. Still parked in your tabernacle. This is not an answer.
Whatever.

Where is the female in your non-existent image of god?
That was my question to you since you said your god has a body?

Last edited:
Are you familiar with quantum physics? They defy all equations, and logic. You have artificially limited your view to your own frame of reference. And you claim nonetheless the authority to describe God.
Explain it to me? But if you don't understand the physics equations, how will you understand the rest?

He never did.
He sure did.

Isaiah 40:18To whom will you liken God?
To what image will you compare Him?
25“To whom will you liken Me,
or who is My equal?” asks the Holy One.

And you mistook again. You didn't want verse six. You wanted five.
46:5To whom will you liken Me or count Me equal?
To whom will you compare Me, that we should be alike?
Yep, the root for likeness comes from damah used for physical comparisons, blood, and adam. God isn't associated to these.

In all of this, God is deriding through Isaiah what Menassah has done, in creating idols. This has nothing to do with our discussion.
It does. Idols are created by hand, as are all things physical. God is none of these.

Exodus 34:17

Masecah, molten, image, vail, a fusion. Similar to a god with a vail of flesh.

This same God likened Himself to Moses and Aaron when He sent them into Egypt. There is much deeper significance here than you seem to grasp. No one was to rule the earth and have dominion, but Adam who had been delegated all the authority of God, and who repudiated his heritage in disobedience.
That's the likeness and image we have to God. That's why humans, like kings, are called elohim as well.

That is what Jesus came to redeem, and why Jesus could only do so as the Son of Adam, Who He was.
No need to when we all can chose to come close.

Nothing in Strong's agrees with you. Blood is dam, a primitive root...Damah is the verb to resemble. A primitive root. Likeness is derived from the verb damah.
I rely on other sources besides Strong's such as the etymological Hebrew dictionary by Hirsch.

Adam has to do with "taken from the earth."
Yep, and mankind. God is not man, has no blood, and isn't physical.

Some might deduce otherwise...like above.
You should keep digging.

Voices walk?
They travel, like sound does.

I picked the pertinent definition. It was applicable, and ignored by you.
No, Strong's selectively chooses what it wants for the verses. You just admitted you ignored my choice even though it was valid based on Strong's.

This is why you don't understand a God Who creates man in His image and His likeness.
No, it's why I understand that image and likeness can't be physical because everything physical is finite and limited.

You are also forced to defend why your gods have a physical body that was used for the creation of man, and why they aren't created themselves. You run away from this since back in Oct 21.

It's why you cannot grasp the Word made flesh, Who IS able to dwell among us. And why you have to deny the all-night wrestling match that gave Israel his limp, and prevented you from eating the right thigh.
Rotfl... I've answered all of this.

Don't need top deny. I accept the entirety...even that part you deny.
Rotfl... if that were true, you would have posted the other definition..

And so does the Word, for that matter.
Well, God the Father's spoken words did create everything. Even Jesus in the womb.

Last edited:
Explain it to me? But if you don't understand the physics equations, how will you understand the rest?

He sure did.
Then quote the chapter and verse. That should be easy...unless you're making it up. He did say, as I quoted above already, "A spirit does not have flesh and bone, as you see I have." Close as you get. I can get you that reference if your concordance fails you.

Yep, the root for likeness comes from damah used for physical comparisons, blood, and adam. God isn't associated to these.
Who wrote Genesis? Who inspired Genesis? Who said, "In the image of God created He him...." The association is His.

It does. Idols are created by hand, as are all things physical. God is none of these.
All things physical are not created by hand...All things physical were created by the Word, which still holds all things physical together.
That's the likeness and image we have to God. That's why humans, like kings, are called elohim as well.
Yep...

And that is no accident, but it is association. Humans are called Elohim because dominion was given to Adam...Who bore God's image and likeness...

I heard a story of a T-Rex in the garden. One day he decided to talk with God. By mistake, he went up to Adam and said, "Oops. I thought you were Someone else."

It was cute...and in the Spirit, I suggest there could be some truth in it prior to the fall.
No need to when we all can chose to come close.
This is cute, but it's false. It's a good start. It's not the end. Close is not in. Close is held back by the limits you have put on your god. There was never a point where atonement no longer required the blood of the lamb, and the scapegoat to Azazel. Titus did not end Aaron's duties. He only destroyed all the tools. Rabbinical pragmatism and pure rationalization did not abrogate the righteous requirements of the Law. Neither did Daniel in Babylon. He understood the seventy years. They passed and the sacrifice was restored as promised. Yet, what happened because of Ahaz and Menasseh was never OK...or swept under the altar. Nothing will cleanse Tophet but Messiah's gift.

Let me show you how Jesus described close...I know you've had to ignore this, so it bears repeating, because this is Messiah's prayer for you personally:
22I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one— 23I in them and You in Me—that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

That is chesed...

And Jesus ended Aaron's duties, as Melchizedek, once and for all.
I rely on other sources besides Strong's such as the etymological Hebrew dictionary by Hirsch.
I can see that. There's no lack of jealousy for your knowledge. I hope you can see that.

Yep, and mankind. God is not man, has no blood, and isn't physical.
Yep. And He was manifested in the Flesh, because He has no limits, and His Chesed has no limits.
You should keep digging.
Always good advice.
They travel, like sound does.
In the Garden they heard the voice of God walking...(halak).

No, Strong's selectively chooses what it wants for the verses. You just admitted you ignored my choice even though it was valid based on Strong's.
No...I noticed you insist on ignoring my choice. When I translate, I acknowledge nuances...because they don't escape the native speaker. Hebrew is one of the greatest languages I've ever seen for plays on words. French is known for its like delightful richness.
No, it's why I understand that image and likeness can't be physical because everything physical is finite and limited.
Only in your finite and limited perspective. This is really a vapid argument. Everything Isaiah saw in chapter six had both form and substance...Everything John saw in the Revelation, likewise. They were able to describe what they saw, and only inadequately. I can't understand what makes you think yourself adequate to describe something you have never seen.

You are also forced to defend why your gods have a physical body that was used for the creation of man, and why they aren't created themselves. You run away from this since back in Oct 21.
No...I'm forced to repeat redundantly that God's word is the hand that created. See what I just wrote above. You, being deliberately limited, are stuck with a dogma that cannot grasp what Isaiah and Israel and Abraham and Adam saw. They each looked for a city whose builder and maker is God...

Rotfl... I've answered all of this.
Albeit inadequately according to your own deliberate limitations.

Rotfl... if that were true, you would have posted the other definition..
No...the rest did not pertain, and proved nothing at all. I'm not in denial that the word encompasses the entire definition....

Well, God the Father's spoken words did create everything. Even Jesus in the womb.
You're beginning to understand.

Back