This 1 parable refutes all 5 points of calvinism- tulip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke 14:23 And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel (αναγκασον) people to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I tell you, none of those men who were invited shall taste my banquet.’”

The Greek word αναγκασον is to urge or compel, not irresistibly draw. You're attempting to redefine the Greek word to what it is not!

It is God that does both the internal calling and the absolute choosing (election). Calling is not just an external announcement of the Gospel, it is predominantly the internal working of God. To say otherwise is to deny the convicting ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, there are 4 major Calvinist pillars that fall with this parable:
  1. Monergism (Total Depravity),
  2. Preservation of Saints (many called by God but few chosen by God),
  3. Irresistible Grace (many called by God but few chosen by God),
  4. and even Limited Atonement because as many as could possibly be found were invited.
Agreed :)

It was God who first prepared the "soil" of my heart and then planted the seed.

Thanks for showing regeneration precedes faith
Nice try then all 4 soils were " regenerated and 3/4 became unregenerated.

Where are you folks getting this from? Jeremiah 4:3, and Hosea 10:12 say the following,

For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns.
Jeremiah 4:3

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you. Hosea 10:12

Both of these verses say that WE are to prepare the soil of our hearts! It is WE who do the plowing.
Ditto brother !!!

I know they were human beings because they stood up and could talk and think. I know they were born again because of what Jesus said:
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

See ' be aware of, perceive, understand

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Know = be aware, feel, perceive, be resolved, can speak, be sure, understand.

Natural (man) = psychikos,
  1. of or belonging to breath
    1. having the nature and characteristics of the breath
      1. the principal of animal life, which men have in common with the brutes
    2. governed by breath
      1. the sensuous nature with its subjection to appetite and passion
You showed some logic in how you determine someone is a man, but then you switch your approach and there is no logic in your post that I can see specifically concerning how you know a specific person has been born again,
Your proof was that Jesus taught about being born again, but you offered nothing showing how you knew someone was born again.

If some of that seed was growing and enduring for a time that would mean the LIFE of God was flowing through it. That therefore would not have been mere mental assent.
Would you say there is a difference between mental assent, and Understanding?

Matthew 23:13 NIV; But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

If some of that seed was growing and enduring for a time that would mean the LIFE of God was flowing through it. That therefore would not have been mere mental assent.
I grew up in the Church
i went through 15 plus years in Church leadership (teaching and being a lay -preacher)
I knew the "right " answers to many topics.
I was not in Christ until my late 40s

Absolutely brother it’s undeniable unless one has a man made doctrine to protect

I grew up in the Church
i went through 15 plus years in Church leadership (teaching and being a lay -preacher)
I knew the "right " answers to many topics.
I was not in Christ until my late 40s
I raise you 25 years. I've been teaching the heresy of tulip for 40 years.

So what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back