This 51 year old ALS patient will die of euthanasia tomorrow

vibise

Well, I could just take my chances with the vaccine. Then I’d double my chances of death AND still be allowed out in public.
How would that double your chances of death? Can you provide evidence of that claim?

And besides, you already said that you have had covid.

Last edited:

vibise

Fact

Not fact

Dangerous Misinformation! It’s actually the opposite.

Shame factor.... fail.
I note you failed to present any evidence of your claims which are opposed to the recommendations of all public health experts and agencies worldwide.

If you are going to make extraordinary claims, you need to present extraordinary evidence.

Temujin

Its true I'm no math wiz but according to you it would be better for me to have HIV because the infection rate is lower. See I don't give a hoot how easy it is to get I care more about what's more likely to kill me. If I get covid and go untreated the likelihood of dying is near 1% but 10-30% with typhoid. I'll.take my chances with covid.
It seems you are no literacy wiz either, as you don't appear to understand what infection rate as well as fatality rate means.

Yakuda

It seems you are no literacy wiz either, as you don't appear to understand what infection rate as well as fatality rate means.
And I notice you have to address me and not the topic. Fact is the death rate for covid is near 1%. I only care about if it wi.kill me and covid didn't when I had it and likeky won't if I get it again. I am old but not fat and sick. I bet you hit the trifecta.

Furion

On the contrary. The evidence from places where euthanasia is legal show that to be a more just and rational law. Requiring citizens to die a prolonged and agonising death for no good reason is neither just nor rational.
People can off themselves at any time. No law necessary.
I agree. Such as preventing doctors from assisting the death of terminally ill people who ask for their help.
Because it is illegal to help someone kill themselves.

Just leave a loaded gun on the nightstand, problem solved.

Temujin

And I notice you have to address me and not the topic. Fact is the death rate for covid is near 1%. I only care about if it wi.kill me and covid didn't when I had it and likeky won't if I get it again. I am old but not fat and sick. I bet you hit the trifecta.
It kills 1 in a hundred and infects everybody. Exactly the same potency as a disease that kills every time but infects one in 100. Focusing purely on lethality is the strategy of the selfish. To protect public health both lethality and infectivity need to be considered. I know that is difficult for you to grasp, as it requires you to think of other people.

Temujin

Someone with a degenerative illness does not have the strength or coordination to pull a trigger, which is an unreliable way of suiciding even for healthy people. Besides, who places the loaded gun on the nightstand? Who purchases the poison? You are assuming a helper, who is then liable for prosecution.

This is failure to face up to the reality of the situation. If someone has the right to kill themselves, then they have the right to ask for assistance. Some people are just too squeamish or too scared to face death or its consequences. Perhaps that's why they become Christians.

Furion

Someone with a degenerative illness does not have the strength or coordination to pull a trigger, which is an unreliable way of suiciding even for healthy people. Besides, who places the loaded gun on the nightstand? Who purchases the poison? You are assuming a helper, who is then liable for prosecution.
Right, no way around the fact that it is you, killing another person.

"Assisting" is a cowardly way to put it.

Which is why it's illegal.
This is failure to face up to the reality of the situation. If someone has the right to kill themselves, then they have the right to ask for assistance. Some people are just too squeamish or too scared to face death or its consequences. Perhaps that's why they become Christians.
You want to off yourself, do it yourself. Don't dirty someone else hands with your blood.

Not that I recommend anyone off themselves.

DeSanto

Someone with a degenerative illness does not have the strength or coordination to pull a trigger, which is an unreliable way of suiciding even for healthy people.
This person was having dinner out on the town the night before she was to be put down, like a dog. So you’re argument is moot here.
Besides, who places the loaded gun on the nightstand? Who purchases the poison? You are assuming a helper, who is then liable for prosecution.

This is failure to face up to the reality of the situation.
You fail to face reality, when the fact is... nobody needs permission to kill themselves, nobody has authority to GIVE someone permission to kill themselves, and this has nothing to do with compassion for terminally ill people, this has everything to do with eliminating the undesirables.

FACE REALITY!
If someone has the right to kill themselves, then they have the right to ask for assistance.
Killing yourself is not a RIGHT, but no one can stop you if you want to do it. You will find a way.

vibise

How cruel. And messy for the family.

The goal of these people is to end their suffering and the burden it places on their families. They seek to have a safe and comfortable exit surrounded by family and friends.

And you are going to put a loaded gun on the nightstand of your terminally sick mother??!?!?

vibise

You’re keeping a list? What is wrong with you?
People have casually said they had covid, and it seemed to me that they were all conservatives, so I started a list to see if that was the case. As far as I know 6 posters here have had covid and they are all conservatives.

Yakuda

It kills 1 in a hundred and infects everybody. Exactly the same potency as a disease that kills every time but infects one in 100. Focusing purely on lethality is the strategy of the selfish. To protect public health both lethality and infectivity need to be considered. I know that is difficult for you to grasp, as it requires you to think of other people.
I don't care how many it infects. I only care how many it kills. Typhoid is more deadly if it goes untreated. That's a fact no matter how you pretzel it

glenlogie

People have casually said they had covid, and it seemed to me that they were all conservatives, so I started a list to see if that was the case. As far as I know 6 posters here have had covid and they are all conservatives.
I had Covid over a year ago, survived it with no problems, like most people who had it.

DeSanto

I see. And what do you plan to do with your list?

Temujin

Right, no way around the fact that it is you, killing another person.

"Assisting" is a cowardly way to put it.

Which is why it's illegal.

You want to off yourself, do it yourself. Don't dirty someone else hands with your blood.

Not that I recommend anyone off themselves.
Killing people is not always illegal, nor should it be in this case. It isn't a case of dirtying ones hands, but helping someone leave life in a dignified manner rather than leaving them suffering. With proper consent protocols euthanasia is decent, loving and respectful. I hope you are never in the situation where such a dilemma comes up, but it seems that the only way you will contemplate what is reality for some people is if it becomes a reality for yourself.