This is from the Westminster Confession of Faith

Is your very own spirit a body?
I was also thinking of what Paul said:
1Th 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit (pneuma) and soul (psuchē) and body (sōma) be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The body is a body, but what about the spirit and the soul? The WCF doesn't go into that much detail.

But doesn’t the Bible distinguish between bodies and spirits here?
I'm sure by "body" Paul is talking about the flesh and blood body made out of atoms. Yes, we also have a soul or spirit, but I don't think the Bible ever explains the composition of soul or spirit.

Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Zec 12:1
The oracle of the word of the LORD concerning Israel: Thus declares the LORD, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him:

If God made our spirit, it must be made out of something, but it is contrasted with the flesh and blood body.

TRINITARIANS...

Is the following true?

1. There are but three Persons in the Godhead, who are infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions; immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute; working all things according to the counsel of their own immutable and most righteous will, for their own glory; most loving, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin; the rewarder of them that diligently seek them; and withal, most just, and terrible in their judgments, hating all sin, and who will by no means clear the guilty.

The three Persons in the Godhead hath all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and of themselves; and are alone in and unto themselves all-sufficient, not standing in need of any creatures which they hath made, nor deriving any glory from them, but only manifesting their own glory in, by, unto, and upon them. They are the alone fountain of all being, of whom, through whom, and to whom are all things; and hath most sovereign dominion over them, to do by them, for them, or upon them whatsoever they pleaseth. In their sight all things are open and manifest, their knowledge is infinite, infallible, and independent upon the creature, so as nothing is to them contingent, or uncertain. They are most holy in all their counsels, in all their works, and in all their commands. To them is due from angels and men, and every other creature, whatsoever worship, service, or obedience they are pleased to require of them.

Anyone who supposes this is true needs to start referring to the God of Israel/Jesus as "they" and "them."

Only if your are "woke."

Is the following "woke"?

1. There are but three Persons in the Godhead, who are infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions; immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute; working all things according to the counsel of their own immutable and most righteous will, for their own glory; most loving, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin; the rewarder of them that diligently seek them; and withal, most just, and terrible in their judgments, hating all sin, and who will by no means clear the guilty.

2. The three Persons in the Godhead hath all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and of themselves; and are alone in and unto themselves all-sufficient, not standing in need of any creatures which they hath made, nor deriving any glory from them, but only manifesting their own glory in, by, unto, and upon them. They are the alone fountain of all being, of whom, through whom, and to whom are all things; and hath most sovereign dominion over them, to do by them, for them, or upon them whatsoever they pleaseth. In their sight all things are open and manifest, their knowledge is infinite, infallible, and independent upon the creature, so as nothing is to them contingent, or uncertain. They are most holy in all their counsels, in all their works, and in all their commands. To them is due from angels and men, and every other creature, whatsoever worship, service, or obedience they are pleased to require of them.

They/Them/Their is an accurate way to refer to the one God?

Or "woke" way?

They/Them/Their is an accurate way to refer to the one God?
No the accurate way to refer to God is "God." In English anyhow. I know Arabic Christians refer to God as "Allah." I don't know German or French or other languages.

No Bible I know of, starts the Bible out with "in the beginning, they created the heavens and earth."

No the accurate way to refer to God is "God." In English anyhow. I know Arabic Christians refer to God as "Allah." I don't know German or French or other languages.

No Bible I know of, starts the Bible out with "in the beginning, they created the heavens and earth."

Well if the OP article refers to God as "they" then why can't you?

See your Post #2.

2. The three Persons in the Godhead hath all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and of themselves; and are alone in and unto themselves all-sufficient, not standing in need of any creatures which they hath made, nor deriving any glory from them, but only manifesting their own glory in, by, unto, and upon them. They are the alone fountain of all being, of whom, through whom, and to whom are all things; and hath most sovereign dominion over them, to do by them, for them, or upon them whatsoever they pleaseth. In their sight all things are open and manifest, their knowledge is infinite, infallible, and independent upon the creature, so as nothing is to them contingent, or uncertain. They are most holy in all their counsels, in all their works, and in all their commands. To them is due from angels and men, and every other creature, whatsoever worship, service, or obedience they are pleased to require of them.

It would seem Trinitarians should say that statement is true, but with a possible exception...

The statement starts with...
“There are but three Persons in the Godhead, who are infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body...”

But can you clarify your Trinitarian view...

Does the second Person of the Godhead have a body?

FYI...

Catholic Catechism 466 says... Christ's humanity has no other subject than the divine person of the Son of God.
NO. Jesus Christ The MAN, has a body.

Well if the OP article refers to God as "they" then why can't you?

See your Post #2.

They is referring to The PERSONS, NOT to God.

I was just agreeing with the TRINITARIAN who said “Seems fine to me.”

However, I suggested Trinitarians might not agree with all of it.

YOU are a Trinitarian, so what is YOUR answer...

Was my statement in the OP true?

I am not telling you how to answer.

I am simply asking you to post your answer.
All of what exactly ?

Could you be more vague lol

Then this statement would be false...

“There are but three Persons in the Godhead, who are infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions;”

It would need to be changed to...

“There are but three Persons in the Godhead, who are infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body (except for one of the Persons), parts, or passions;”

Correct?
Do you understand its talking about the Eternal God pre creation and not post Incarnation.

You have a bad habit of equivocating.

TRINITARIANS...
Is the following true?
What is your answer to the question? Let us remember creeds are not scripture, they are only guides. OBTW I didn't read it.

Back