This is why we are here............

“And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.”
(Genesis 3:7 KJV)

But in those verses did you notice that the woman's faith was manifest in her actions. Instead of Jesus saying to the woman 'you don't have to do all that stuff for me'... he said to the Apostles 'look what she has done for me'.

Luke 7 44 Then turning toward the woman, he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has bathed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; hence she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven loves little.” 48 Then he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 But those who were at the table with him began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?” 50 But he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Why would it be different for us today who want to express our love, repentance, gratitude with acts of faith? The Saints before us were like the woman wanting to act in faith hence the Church providing the place to meet with Christ and showing our faith like the woman.
My, my, what a lot of verbiage to get out of giving me a straight answer!

I am well aware of what the woman did to show her love for Jesus, but that is not what I asked, is it?

What did Jesus tell the woman ACTUALLY SAVED her? Her weeping? Her washing Jesus' feet with her tears, and drying them with her hair?

What did He say, Stella? One little, but BIG word?

My, my, what a lot of verbiage to get out of giving me a straight answer!

I am well aware of what the woman did to show her love for Jesus, but that is not what I asked, is it?

What did Jesus tell the woman ACTUALLY SAVED her? Her weeping? Her washing Jesus' feet with her tears, and drying them with her hair?

What did He say, Stella? One little, but BIG word?
Faith.

If I know anything from following @Buzzard I will attest that he read it far more carefully than the author who wrote it himself. @Buzzard chews the cud — something we all should do and sadly, me being guilty more than most, suffer from the fatal disease of word vomit.
Unfortunately he did not as I pointed out. Let's see if he responds.

[[
“And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.”
(Genesis 3:7 KJV)
And the Lord God called unto Adam,​
and said unto him,​
Where art thou?​
And he said,​
I heard thy voice in the garden,
and I was afraid, because I was naked;
and I hid myself.​
And he (the Lord) said,​
Who told thee that thou wast naked?​
Hast thou eaten of the tree,​
whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?​
And the man said,​
The woman whom thou gavest to be with me,
she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.​

Quote:
Confiding then in the power of Christianity to resist the infection of evil,
and to transmute the very instruments and appendages of demon worship to an evangelical use,

the rulers of the Church from early times were prepared,
should the occasion arise,
to adopt, to imitate, or sanction the existing rites and customs of the populace,
as well as the philosophy of the educated class.

(Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, John Henry Newman, a cardinal by Pope Leo III in 1879, 1878, p351-353)

And the man said,
and the woman; she gave me of the Fruit
of the tree of good and evil
and I did eat

Job 31:33​
If I covered my transgressions as Adam,​
by hiding mine iniquity in my bosom:​

Last edited:
And the man said,
The woman whom thou gavest to be with me,
she gave me of the tree, and I did eat

Quote:
Confiding then in the power of Christianity to resist the infection of evil,
and to transmute the very instruments and appendages of demon worship to an evangelical use,

the rulers of the Church from early times were prepared,
should the occasion arise,
to adopt, to imitate, or sanction the existing rites and customs of the populace,
as well as the philosophy of the educated class.

And the man said,
and the woman; she gave me of the Fruit
of the tree of good and evil
IE: "rites and customs of the populace,
as well as the philosophy of the educated class."
and I did eat,

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
IE: "rites and customs of the populace,
as well as the philosophy of the educated class."
thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

as Paul says
"you cannot eat of the Lords Table, and the Table of Idols also"

James 5:
19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Everyone always assumes it is the other guy.

Everyone self identifies as the corrector rather than the one needing correcting.

And nearly everyone reading this post goes right on doing it.

Luther must have had hands laid on him when he became a priest. And he must have laid hands on men he ordained
We have gone over this several times -- Luther had NO AUTHORITY to lay hands on men because he wasn't a bishop in communion with Christ's Catholic Church.

Says who? And could you show where in the bible does it mentions Roman Catholic church? And where it says the Roman Catholic has authority over anyone? Just any verse that mentions Roman Catholic church will do!
That would be the 'Church throughout' mentioned in Acts 9.

Back