"This must be your first"

Temujin

Is Trump trying to stage a coup?

It would be a shame to let the only response be an incoherent one from the house troll.

I found the article interesting, and some ideas certainly resonate. The thought that ridiculous is not the same thing as not serious, is one to bear in mind. However, from where I sit, I think that Trump is not seriously trying to retain power. He would have accepted it if it had worked out that way, but at the moment his primary aims are making money from his dishonest appeals and saving face by avoiding acceptance of the "loser" tag. As long as there are substantial numbers of fools prepared to pay out $5 in order to see a desperate old man pretend that he won the election, then the underlying problem will remain.

Backup

Are the commie/Marxist proud of election fraud for your coup?

Who is President of America. Do you know?
I guarantee you have no forensic computer auditing credentials.
your Orange Cult leader lost by a landslide and has proven himself, again, to be a big baby.

Why do you people worship a big baby, with no honor or decency?

Whateverman

This is an excellent article, and I only got through about half of it.

Just because we don't have a technically-perfect word to describe what Drumpf and his supporting Republicans are doing shouldn't prevent us from saying what is true: the so-called president and his cult are staging a coup. Non-violent (so far), (il)legal and largely ineffective, it's still a coup. It's an attempt to subvert the democratic will of the American people.

As an aside, I think it's important for critics of this fascist administration to recognize those Republicans who aren't toeing the Drumpf party line. There are some who've said (tepidly) that this effort to overturn the election should stop, and that we've got more important things to be dealing with at this moment in our history. A great many of those Republicans have nothing to lose (politically, professionally) by stating this, but a small number are still in-office and still hope to be re-elected. Critics of the current white house occupant need to recognize these members of the GOP, because even though they're merely standing up for democratic values, they're exceptional - and they may be the only hope of stabilizing out currently unstable federal government.

Ficciones

It would be a shame to let the only response be an incoherent one from the house troll.

I found the article interesting, and some ideas certainly resonate. The thought that ridiculous is not the same thing as not serious, is one to bear in mind. However, from where I sit, I think that Trump is not seriously trying to retain power. He would have accepted it if it had worked out that way, but at the moment his primary aims are making money from his dishonest appeals and saving face by avoiding acceptance of the "loser" tag. As long as there are substantial numbers of fools prepared to pay out $5 in order to see a desperate old man pretend that he won the election, then the underlying problem will remain.

I don't think he has a single motive. Certainly, money is part of it. Another is to build political capital, making him a dangerous person to investigate further or prosecute without raising the spectre of violence. (I think we're well past that point and there will be further violence now, no matter what. Anyhow.) But if there had been enough judicial corruption on his side he'd have been happy to see the results of a legitimate election overturned. Why not?

Ficciones

This is an excellent article, and I only got through about half of it.

Just because we don't have a technically-perfect word to describe what Drumpf and his supporting Republicans are doing shouldn't prevent us from saying what is true: the so-called president and his cult are staging a coup. Non-violent (so far), (il)legal and largely ineffective, it's still a coup. It's an attempt to subvert the democratic will of the American people.

As an aside, I think it's important for critics of this fascist administration to recognize those Republicans who aren't toeing the Drumpf party line. There are some who've said (tepidly) that this effort to overturn the election should stop, and that we've got more important things to be dealing with at this moment in our history. A great many of those Republicans have nothing to lose (politically, professionally) by stating this, but a small number are still in-office and still hope to be re-elected. Critics of the current white house occupant need to recognize these members of the GOP, because even though they're merely standing up for democratic values, they're exceptional - and they may be the only hope of stabilizing out currently unstable federal government.

By all means, read the rest. Zeynep is fantastic. Check out her TED talk here:

Temujin

I know who is President because I am educated. The left homeschool unit doesn't cover this?
Apparently Trump told Fox and Friends that he is worried about America having an illegitimate President who lost, and lost badly. He needn't worry. He will be out on Jan 20th, replaced by a legitimate President who won by a landslide and is already more popular than Trump ever was at any time in the last four years.

J regia

Will the loser boy use the money to pay off his debts and payout his pre-nuptial agreement after Melania packs up and moves out?

Authentic Nouveau

your Orange Cult leader lost by a landslide and has proven himself, again, to be a big baby.

Why do you people worship a big baby, with no honor or decency?
Come to our Christmas Program next Sunday and see who we worship. Jesus Is King of Kings and Lord of lords.

People who worship their father the Devil lie a lot vote for a dirty pro-abortion Catholic. Darwinist Hitler was Catholic.

However there are Catholics who walk with the Lord.

We expect Ayetheists to lie about who we worship. They have no problem defending voting fraud.

Electric Skeptic

Come to our Christmas Program next Sunday and see who we worship. Jesus Is King of Kings and Lord of lords.

People who worship their father the Devil lie a lot vote for a dirty pro-abortion Catholic. Darwinist Hitler was Catholic.

However there are Catholics who walk with the Lord.

We expect Ayetheists to lie about who we worship. They have no problem defending voting fraud.
Hitler was neither a 'Darwinist' or catholic.

Last edited: