Thomas Didymas is back (introduction)

tdidymas

I was on CARM years ago, and dropped out due to loss of interest, but now I'm back. It's nice to see a well-ordered forum now.

I've been a Christian since 1975, and willing to discuss matters known to me, such as: soteriology, reformed theology, tongues, biblical interpretation, and a few other subjects. On most subjects like origins and eschatology that are very controversial, I'm mainly a skeptic.

Hoping to rekindle old friendships and start new ones.

rhomphaeam

I was on CARM years ago, and dropped out due to loss of interest, but now I'm back. It's nice to see a well-ordered forum now.

I've been a Christian since 1975, and willing to discuss matters known to me, such as: soteriology, reformed theology, tongues, biblical interpretation, and a few other subjects. On most subjects like origins and eschatology that are very controversial, I'm mainly a skeptic.

Hoping to rekindle old friendships and start new ones.

Welcome! I hope you find what you are seeking.

Berserk

You do realize that your real name is Judas as in "Didymus Judas Thomas (so Gospel of Thomas 1:1)? "Thomas" (Aramaic) and "Didymus" (Greek) are just nicknames both meaning "twin") given by Jesus to distinguish this Judas from the others in His life. One of Jesus' quirks is to give lots of nicknames: "that old fox," (for Herod) "the Thunder boys," "the zealot (for one Simon)," "rock" (for another Simon ), and the "dagger man" (sicarius"-Latin) for Judas. "Iscariot" is the Aramaic equivalent of "sicarius," a political group in the 40s that lurked om crowds at festivals to stab rich Jews who were benefitting from Roman occupation. I take my cue from Judas and lurk on this site to stab those benefitting from the site's group think. No, "Iscariot" doesn't mean "man from Keriot," a tiny Judean nowheresville.

What topic would be ideal for your current interests
What are your current burning questions?

Last edited: