Those living in heaven

Yep but RC leaders lie and teach false doctrines. If they are in heaven they are just praising God.

Well being baptised for the dead is a total waste of time and pointless. So I don't why anyone would do it.
Paul mentions baptism on behalf of the dead in I Corinthians 15. It most be of some importance.

The angels have work to do, don't they? And yet they also behold the face of God.
The difference is that they do not "toil" as Adam and the rest did after the fall.
You ever hear the saying that if you are doing what you love, that you will never work a day in your life? I think that we will serve God in Heaven in various ways over the course of eternity and that will never, for one moment in time will feel like work. I imagine that the angels feel the same way. Note to self: ask an angel whether this is true or not.

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
I have been taught that these verses refer to preaching the Gospel to sinners and helping them come to the knowledge of GOD. some people might call it winning souls for God.

You don’t become an angel when you die.

9 Therefore, a time of eternal rest exists for God’s people. 10 Those who entered his place of rest also rest from their work as God did from his.
What happens, do you have the skinny on death other that it is supposed to be the most wonderful place our souls could ever go?

Scripture doesn't. What your CC says is utterly irrelevant.

When does your church baptize people on behalf of the dead?
Scripture didn't tell us that the writings of the NT are the inspired word of God either. The Holy Spirit guided us into this truth.

Back