(Thousand) In Revelation 20:1-7 (Uncertain Affinity) Not Literal Years On Earth As Many Claim

Truth7t7

The Greek word "Chilioi" was used in 2 Peter 3:8 and in Revelation 20:1-7

The definition is (Uncertain Affinity) not a literal thousand years on this earth as many claim

Strong’s Definitions
χίλιοι chílioi, khil'-ee-oy; plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand:—thousand.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 11x
The KJV translates Strong's G5507 in the following manner: thousand (11x).

Thousand = Uncertain Affinity

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-7KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Keraz

I disagree.
As there has been exact thousand year periods since Adam, 2000 years to Abraham, 4000 years to Jesus, to now; nearly 6000 years, we can expect a final 1000 years of the rule of King Jesus.
All as a parallel to the 7 'days' of Creation.

For what reason do you consider it necessary to reject the Words of scripture? As you show above; mentioned six times.

Arkycharlie

J

The definition is (Uncertain Affinity) not a literal thousand years on this earth as many claim

Strong’s Definitions
χίλιοι chílioi, khil'-ee-oy; plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand:—thousand.

You consider yourself a paragon of prophetic knowledge and wisdom, lecturing us as if only you have a lock on prophetic truth, and yet you post something as ignorant as this. You obviously have no clue what the Strong’s Dictionary means when it says that a word is of “Uncertain Affinity”. This is a fairly regular occurrence and in a dictionary simply means that there is no consensus as to whether a word is related to or a derivative of a similar word. It is not in any way intended to be a meaning of the word in question, as you appear to have concluded.

Just another example of a know-it-all who thinks way too highly of himself with nothing to back it up. Yet I have not the slightest doubt that you will ignore this and continue promoting your false “not a literal thousand years” theory and continue labeling yourself “truth” while authentic truth continues to elude you.

Stephen

Strong’s Definitions

You may be right, but doing so based on the words "uncertain affinity" is pretty close to the weakest possible evidence you could present to make your case.

GeneZ

Strong’s Definitions

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-7KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
You just answered your own question while attempting to create confusion.

We have brains to think with. God gave them to us to use.

For example:

I have told you a thousand times that CONTEXT will determine the meaning of a word.

Can you think of any word that holds one absolute meaning at all times?

Truth7t7

You may be right, but doing so based on the words "uncertain affinity" is pretty close to the weakest possible evidence you could present to make your case.
Is it literally one day or a thousand years, or is it (Eternal)?

GeneZ

I do believe there will be exactly 1000 years that Jesus will reign on earth. As Revelation 20 says 6 times.
Either that... Or, He will reign for only a second! :coffee:

Can't mean for eternity, because that speaks of the second and final New Heavens and Earth. The one that will replace the 1000 year Millennial reign after the universe and this earth are all burned up.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away
with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works
that are in it will be burned up."
2 Peter 3:10

The Final New Heavens and New Earth will be created by God after the destruction of the Millennial earth.
It will be everlasting. And, it will be called .. "the Home of Righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)

grace and peace .....

Stephen

Is it literally one day or a thousand years, or is it (Eternal)?

What makes you think things end after the 1,000 years. Revelation 20 lets you know the sequence of events. Christ reigns 1,000 years. Then there is a rebellion which is put down. After that death is defeated (verse 14). Paul explains what happens after death is defeated in 1 Cor 15

26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

The eternal reign begins after the 1,000 years.

Arkycharlie

Either that... Or, He will reign for only a second! :coffee:

Can't mean for eternity, because that speaks of the second and final New Heavens and Earth. The one that will replace the 1000 year Millennial reign after the universe and this earth are all burned up.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away
with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works
that are in it will be burned up."
2 Peter 3:10

The Final New Heavens and New Earth will be created by God after the destruction of the Millennial earth.
It will be everlasting. And, it will be called .. "the Home of Righteousness." (2 Peter 3:13)

grace and peace .....
Very interesting response! I think that we may be on the same page here. I believe that Scripture pretty plainly indicates that the DOL occurs at the end of the MK and that it occurs when Satan is loosed on earth for his final effort to thwart the plan of God and that it is synonymous with Gog Magog. And I mean both Ezekiel 38-39 and Revelation 20. From my perspective, Joel describes Gog Magog from the perspective of Israel and Ezekiel describes G-M from the perspective of Gog, a synonym for Satan, and Revelation 20 informs us when it occurs. And I am fully prepared to defend these assertions.