Times and seasons original article.

Tonyg

This is the section of the article which spawned a first article titled times and seasons introduced by e.v.e. this helps explain some of the discussion of the topic.

The words "times and seasons" are words referring to the periodic feasts and festivals of the jewish calender. These feasts and festivals commemorated the events during the time from passover in leaving egypt through 40 years of wilderness wanderings while living in tents and eating manna to crossing Jordan while in the process of establishing the temporary nation of the mosaic covenant.

In such places as Exodus 23, lev 9, lev 23 and numbers 28 & 29, the people are instructed that these feast and festival commemorations are to be observed in their appointed times and seasons. Here is an example from each chapter.

[[Exo 23:14]] KJV* Three time thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year.

*[[Exo 23:17]] KJV* Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord GOD.

*[[Num 9:2/KJV]]* Let the children of Israel also keep the passover at his appointed seasons.

*[[Lev 23:4]] KJV* These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

*[[Num 28:2]] KJV* Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season.

Numbers 29:39 These things ye shall do unto the LORD in your set feasts,

Using these words in Acts 1 and 1 Thess 5:1, Jesus, (Acts 1) and the Apostle (1 Thess 5:1) were affirming that though the apostles were not to *know (greek-experience) [all] these events of the next 4O years and beyond, They would [all] know (experience) the feast of pentacost as the experience of the next time and season to occur in jerusalem. (Acts 1:8; 2:1)

Tonyg

Isaiah 49 provides the foundation and the source for the disciples question about when would be the time to restore the kingdom to israel. In Isaiah 49 the Christian disciples are referred to as the preserved of Israel. And in Isaiah 49 the word restored is also used So the disciples we're probably talking over or thinking about this passage in Isaiah 49 and ask him about it.

The fulfillment of this would coincide with the completion of the 40-year supplanting and replacing of the Old testament times and seasons by The apostles living through the 40 year inauguration. Of the New covenant Nation. But most of the individuals and especially the apostles were not to remain alive through all the 40-year experience. John was told that he would or at least it was implied to Peter that John would remain until Jesus arrived to restore the kingdom to The preserve of israel. This coincide with the later part of Daniel chapter 7 where it says that the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom. This would have been after the three and a half years of Nero's persecution and war against them.

Act 1:6-7 KJV 6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know [experience] the times or the seasons, [feasts and festivals] which the Father hath put in his own power.

Isa 49:5-6 KJV 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me [Jesus] from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Arkycharlie

Isaiah 49 provides the foundation and the source for the disciples question about when would be the time to restore the kingdom to israel. In Isaiah 49 the Christian disciples are referred to as the preserved of Israel. And in Isaiah 49 the word restored is also used So the disciples we're probably talking over or thinking about this passage in Isaiah 49 and ask him about it.

The fulfillment of this would coincide with the completion of the 40-year supplanting and replacing of the Old testament times and seasons by The apostles living through the 40 year inauguration. Of the New covenant Nation. But most of the individuals and especially the apostles were not to remain alive through all the 40-year experience. John was told that he would or at least it was implied to Peter that John would remain until Jesus arrived to restore the kingdom to The preserve of israel. This coincide with the later part of Daniel chapter 7 where it says that the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom. This would have been after the three and a half years of Nero's persecution and war against them.

Act 1:6-7 KJV 6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know [experience] the times or the seasons, [feasts and festivals] which the Father hath put in his own power.

Isa 49:5-6 KJV 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me [Jesus] from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by the term "New covenant nation"? Are you referring to Jeremiah 31:31?

Tonyg

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by the term "New covenant nation"? Are you referring to Jeremiah 31:31?
Yes, the letter of Hebrews makes it pretty plain that the reason we call the Mosaic national covenant the old covenant is because he declared and Jeremiah 31 that there would be a new covenant. In stating a New covenant he has declared the former to be old.

The idea that Israel was a nation that was formed around the Mosaic national covenant is gleaned from reading the book of Deuteronomy as a whole. The nation began being formed when they were drawn out of Egypt and then had there civil beginning when they crossed Jordan right after Moses's speech which gave the parameters for the nation or the constitution for the nation.

Since the New covenant is in contrast against the Mosaic national covenant the principles of the Mosaic national covenant being conditional stipulative plural or corporate and having to do with rituals and a territorial land area are presented that way to be different than the New covenant nation.

We see the word Nation being used in Jeremiah 31:36 and here are several others that apply to the New covenant nation of Jesus. it is a good study to try to understand the Constitution of the Mosaic covenant Nation along with its stipulations and declarations of its latterer end and to place the elements of the z covenant Nation on the left side of a paper and then put the elements and principles of the new coordination on the right side of a paper. Jeremiah 31:27 through 32 indicate that this new covenant would be dissimilar to or not like the one he made when he took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt.

Jeremiah 3136 is one place where the word nation is used and here are some others..

Isa 26:2 KJV Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.

*[[Isa 26:15/KJVLite]]* Thou hast increased the nation, O LORD, thou hast increased the nation: thou art glorified: thou hadst removed it far unto all the ends of the earth.

*[[Isa 51:4/KJVLite]]* Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

*[[Isa 55:5/KJVLite]]* Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

*[[Isa 60:22/KJVLite]]* A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

*[[Isa 66:8/KJVLite]]* Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Arkycharlie

What covenant is referenced in Daniel 9:27? And how does this verse fit your eschatology: "And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood" (Luke 22:20)

Tonyg

Daniel 9:27 is the everlasting covenant established by Messiah.

Here in Luke 22 he tells that the blood of the covenant which is made by him not bulls or goats..

But there is also bread and body of the new covenant.

What did Jesus teach in John 6:27-68 was the bread and body of the covenant?
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:

16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:

18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Tonyg

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

Arkycharlie

So, you don't interpret the covenant in Daniel 9:27 to be a covenant that the AC makes with Israel in the middle of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9. I certainly don't! But the Daniel 9:27 covenant most certainly is the covenant in the blood of Christ, if Scripture is rightly divided. And the Jeremiah 31 covenant is made "with the house of Israel and the house of Judah" at the Inauguration of the MK. The covenant in the blood of Christ ends at the second coming although salvation in every dispensation is based upon the shed Blood of Christ.. As the author of Hebrews wrote: "For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said, “AS I SWORE IN MY ANGER, THEY CERTAINLY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST,” although His works were finished from the foundation of the world. (Hebrews 4:3)

Tonyg

The messiah's covenant is made with many in Jerusalem and dia and among Daniel's people for 7 years. But that doesn't mean that it stops at 7 years or that it stops with Daniel's people. Just that that was the amount of time that it took to establish the principles and elements, or contents of the covenant with mankind.

I understand it and I'm confident in the understanding that the New covenant started at the announcement by the angel jesus's identity at his baptism. Tihs voice was prophesied in Deuteronomy 18:15 through 19 as affrmed by Peter in 2nd Peter 1:15 through 21 or so.

The first three and a half years were his ministry in the flesh. The second 3 1/2 yrs were hiS ministry in the indwelling spirit, confirming the continuation of the indwelling of God/christ In perpetual generationns.

This topic is about correlating the words times and seasons that are found in Acts 1:7 with the commemorating feasts and festivals of the national calendar. Those feasts and festivals commemorated 40 year progress of the development of that covt and nation from leaving Egypt to crossing Jordan.

What happened 40 years afterJesus Passover in jerusalem?

Jesus establish the everlasting covenant in seven continuous years with many from 27 through 33 ad, But publicly the old covenant was still in operation.. It had been shaken by earthquake and the temple veil rent but the priest still continued in disbelief and occupation the temple.

What public events needed to occur in order to confirm the closure of the Mosaic national covenant and its latter days that Moses himself prophesied and Deuteronomy 31:29, 32 20, 29 and even in Genesis 49:1-10; that was prophesied to occur at the time of the new covenant and it's Nation. And as Peter stated and acts 3, all of the prophets from Samuel onward have spoken of these (first century) Days. And in that very context, Peter had reminded them and acts 3:24 through 26, of Moses's / God's prophecy that at the time of the coming of the new prophet those who retained allegiance to Moses temporary national covenant and reject and not hear Jesus would indeed have their lives accounted for it.

Perhaps understanding The words times and seasons as it relates to feast and festivals commemorating the 40-year progression from leaving Egypt to crossing Jordan might lead some to new understandings. Coming to new ideas and understandings is progressive involving reconsiderations and reevaluations

Last edited: