Titus 3:5 exposes the anomalous dilemma of Calvinism.

Paul places himself in Eph 8:6-8 by calling himself "carnal" in Rom 7:14. Since Paul can most certainly believe then so can all those others dead that Paul grouped himself in. This doesn't mean they all end up believing like Paul does.
notice how they are derailing all the threads its speaks volumes about their inability to defend their beliefs.

The new birth being born again comes through the message of the gospel. It doesn't come before but after faith.

1 Peter 1:21-24
Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24 For,

“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”
And this is the word that was preached to you.

So Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of Christ !

Romans 10
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

hope this helps !!!
Calvinists are embarrassed when confronted with the fact that their vital "regeneration before belief" theory is nowhere to be found in the Gospel. It's nowhere to be found in the entire Bible either.

Yes, salvation is by regeneration.
That's ONE regeneration leading to ONE salvation.
We don't.
Because your questions contain false premises.
My premise is that Titus 3:5 is true. Are you saying that is false?
How about you stop MISREPRESENTING what we believe?
That would resolve it.
You didn't even address the Twice Saved situation you find yourself in.

Titus 3:5 says you're saved through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit. So you're saved at your STEP 1.
And then you say you're saved at STEP 3.
You're the Twice Saved group.

I never realized Romans 7:14 contains only one word.

I smell a pretext coming. ?
Sorry for the misspelling. I meant Rom 8:6-8. Nevertheless, no Calvinist has taken into account the fact that Paul includes himself in Rom 8:6-8 when he said "I am carnal" in Rom 7:14. The Calvinist Total Depravity myth melts away when one realizes that Biblical truth.

Cool, you noticed that regeneration came first. Then came the renewal of the Holy Spirit. And it was according to HIS mercy, not our choice. You got it all here.

You may want to get your eyes checked. Jesus called it born again, not regenerated. Regenerated, faith/belief, born again in the Spirit. Conception, faith/belief, born again.
Are you saying that Paul and Peter were wrong in referring to spiritual rebirth as regeneration? The Greek word παλιγγενεσια in Titus 3:5 transliterates as "again birth". You need to take it up with Paul and Peter.

The Bible is sharper than a two-edged sword and Calvinists take that as scorn.
In the early church the "washing of regeneration" is thought to be referring to baptism.

It simply say He saved us through the washing of regeneration. As a Calvinist I say Amen.

Another ? fail

In the early church the "washing of regeneration" is thought to be referring to baptism.

It simply say He saved us through the washing of regeneration. As a Calvinist I say Amen.

Another ? fail
Was Peter saved, when he said Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of the living God?

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

See if Peter was saved and regenerated, he went on to deny Jesus 3 times and Jesus said if you deny me, I will deny you to the father. So how do you account for Peter still being in Jesus good books, if you believe that of course.

So you agree that you are saved at STEP 1.
And then Calvinism says you're saved again at STEP 3.
Another ? fail
Another Calvinist fail. That is correct.

So you agree that you are saved at STEP 1.
And then Calvinism says you're saved again at STEP 3.

Another Calvinist fail. That is correct.
It's all part of the process. I would say at step one your on your way.

What in your opinion is the purpose of regeneration post faith?

Back