Today is the 20th anniversary of 9/11

vibise

I am surprised that there has been no remembrance of this occasion on this site.
A sad anniversary commemorated with ceremonies at Ground Zero in NYC, at the Pentagon, and at the field in Pennsylvania where the last plane crashed.

I saw some of the ceremonies throughout the day. Very moving.
Biden went to all three sites, and ex-Presidents were there including Obama, Clinton and GWB. I heard GWB give a very moving speech.

A sad event in our history that is deserving of commemoration for the lives lost, the shattered families and the shock to the country.

vibise

A commentary on Bush's speech:

On the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attacks that changed his presidency, former president George W. Bush on Saturday warned there is growing evidence that domestic terrorism could pose as much of a threat to the United States as terrorism originating from abroad, and he urged Americans to confront “violence that gathers within.”

Without naming it, Bush seemed to condemn the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, when a pro-Trump mob overran the complex in a violent siege that resulted in the deaths of five people. Bush compared those “violent extremists at home” to the terrorists who had hijacked planes on Sept. 11, 2001, and crashed them in New York City, Arlington, and Shanksville, Pa., killing nearly 3,000 people.
“There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home,” Bush said in a speech at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville. “But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols — they are children of the same foul spirit, and it is our continuing duty to confront them.”

Gondwanaland

I am surprised that there has been no remembrance of this occasion on this site.
A sad anniversary commemorated with ceremonies at Ground Zero in NYC, at the Pentagon, and at the field in Pennsylvania where the last plane crashed.

I saw some of the ceremonies throughout the day. Very moving.
Biden went to all three sites, and ex-Presidents were there including Obama, Clinton and GWB. I heard GWB give a very moving speech.

A sad event in our history that is deserving of commemoration for the lives lost, the shattered families and the shock to the country.
Maybe if you had used your eyeballs you wouldn't be surprised, as there were more than one thread remembering the occasion. Mine posted several hours before yours:

Noobtube posted yesterday:

Gondwanaland

A commentary on Bush's speech:
I do love watching liberals suddenly turning Bush into their darling and gushing all over him the last couple years whenever he says something about Trump or here about January 6th.

Meanwhile, while you folks were kissing his boots, I watched Bush's speech and was sick to my stomach watching that filthy and vile, freedom-stealing war criminal get 'emotional' and talk about and opine about the 'America I know'. The only America he knows is this America:

Authentic Nouveau

Reepicheep

I just came across some rather depressing statistics:

2,461 - number of American military members who died as a result of the War in Afghanistan
2,977 - number of people who died as a result of the 9/11 attacks
3,260 - current two day American death toll as a result of COVID

(SOURCE: PBS NewsHour, September 10, 2021)

DeSanto

Today is a good day to remind you that, thanks to the originally CIA-withheld, 28-page, FILE17, we know that Mohdhar Abdullah confessed to having helped orchestrate the 9/11 attacks. The FBI found a notebook in his possession with references to planes falling from the sky, mass killing and hijacking. Further, when detained as a material witness following the 9/11 attacks, Abdullah expressed hatred for the U.S. government and stated that the U.S. brought ‘this’ on themselves.

Abdullah served as their translator, helped them get drivers’ licenses, and assisted them in locating flight schools.

Rather than prosecute him, he was deported to Yemen in 2004 after the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of California declined to prosecute based on his confession.

The report also revelead the FBI had an "informant" codenamed "Muppet"(al-Bayoumi) who had been in close contact with no less than three of the orchestrating hijackers for quite some time before the attacks, and had funded their living situation; and was the person responsible for directing Abdullah on how to best assist the hijackers.

The FBI "claims" to have been unaware of this connection at the time.

*The CIA document stating these facts was originally withheld during the investigation. The FBI's team did not have direct access to their database, and relied on the CIA OIG team to procure all relevant files.

This is one arm of the story.

The other is that on this same day, 5 Israeli nationals were caught dancing on a rooftop filming and celebrating the attack. Two of those people were later identified as Mossad agents.

Also of note is that an Israeli messaging service received an ominous yet unspecific warning earlier in the day about the attack.

There are countless threads to pull on 9/11. But at the end of the day, it was the U.S. who gave the green light.

It wasnt Mossad, it wasnt Saudi Arabia, and it certainly wasnt Iraq; whom we carpet bombed killing thousands.

It was orchestrated by our own agencies using multiple other agencies to obfuscate their actions. And to this day, the bulk of that intelligence is still there, quietly redacted and hidden from public view.

And the Paper Planes they flew that day gave them license to steal your freedoms under the guise of protecting you, and to use it as a pretext for a global money laundering operation in the middle east that has cost millions of lives and left an entire country drowning in useless pieces of military equipment we never even needed.

Today, even as they remember the date, those in charge constantly use it as a vantage point to preach for increased surveillance and military engagement. ~E

Bob1

I do love watching liberals suddenly turning Bush into their darling and gushing all over him the last couple years whenever he says something about Trump or here about January 6th.

Meanwhile, while you folks were kissing his boots, I watched Bush's speech and was sick to my stomach watching that filthy and vile, freedom-stealing war criminal get 'emotional' and talk about and opine about the 'America I know'. The only America he knows is this America:

tRump gives Bush a good run for the worst president ever award. Right now I think tRump edges him out by a hair for the title.

Gondwanaland

tRump gives Bush a good run for the worst president ever award. Right now I think tRump edges him out by a hair for the title.
Trump wasn't very great, but doesn't remotely come close to worst president. He didn't preside over the starting of a massive terrorist attack that he ignored intel on, two pointless, deadly, destructive wars, an entire extrajudicial prison in another country where we STILL are holding people illegally without trial, the creation of the useless security theater known as the TSA, the retooling of intelligence agencies to spy on American citizens complete with signingnew legislation designed for exactly that among other freedom-stripping purposes, literal torture campaigns, more secret prisons in the middle east in which people were beaten, humiliated, tortured, and only your deity knows what the heck else, tens of thousands of innocent brown civilians murdered. Trump was pretty crappy, but he was no Dubya. Not even close.

Bob1

Trump wasn't very great, but doesn't remotely come close to worst president. He didn't preside over the starting of a massive terrorist attack that he ignored intel on, two pointless, deadly, destructive wars, an entire extrajudicial prison in another country where we STILL are holding people illegally without trial, the creation of the useless security theater known as the TSA, the retooling of intelligence agencies to spy on American citizens complete with signingnew legislation designed for exactly that among other freedom-stripping purposes, literal torture campaigns, more secret prisons in the middle east in which people were beaten, humiliated, tortured, and only your deity knows what the heck else, tens of thousands of innocent brown civilians murdered. Trump was pretty crappy, but he was no Dubya. Not even close.
You make valid points. They are definitely both bottom of the barrel presidents.

Bob1

Hm, actually according to video he went down into New York and visited police and firefighters
Yes, but he didn't attend the actual memorial service with the other former presidents. And he used his visit to the police and firefighters as an opportunity to speak ill of Biden. Politicing isn't what such a day should be about.

Furion

Yes, but he didn't attend the actual memorial service with the other former presidents. And he used his visit to the police and firefighters as an opportunity to speak ill of Biden. Politicing isn't what such a day should be about.
lol

Poor bobby. You should watch some football. The crowd may answer your question!

DeSanto

I wouldn’t want to be associated with those creeps either. They should all be tried for treason, wives included.