Ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines

dingoling.

We are told by a nCCs that the Catholic church is buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines. I asked the nCCs if they have every read through the CCC and they said no.

I am curious how many either CC or nCCs have read through the CCC published in originally published in 1992?

I have read through the entire Catechism and I estimate that the issues the nCCs have with Catholic teachings make up less than 5% of the entire Catechism. The other 95% of the teachings the nCCs don't ever seem to address. I assume that they don't have issues with those teachings. So how can the Catholic church be buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines if only about 5% of our teachings are addressed?

Well former Catholics on here, have YOU read through the entire CCC? If so, is what is stated in the OP correct?

I know indulgences are in the CCC. What about the 4 Marian Dogmas? I see them here:

I certainly believe Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus and was a virgin when He was born. But after that? What would be the purpose of remaining a virgin? Instead, God blessed her and Joseph with children together, to raise up joyfully together, as a reward for their faithfulness to God's commands.

What about works? Matt Slick notes this:

We can merit for ourselves the grace that is necessary. Really? This is totally unbiblical! Grace, by its very definition, is UNmerited favor from God!

Are all of those "anathemas" from Trent in the CCC?

We are told by a nCCs that the Catholic church is buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines. I asked the nCCs if they have every read through the CCC and they said no.

I am curious how many either CC or nCCs have read through the CCC published in originally published in 1992?

I have read through the entire Catechism and I estimate that the issues the nCCs have with Catholic teachings make up less than 5% of the entire Catechism. The other 95% of the teachings the nCCs don't ever seem to address. I assume that they don't have issues with those teachings. So how can the Catholic church be buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines if only about 5% of our teachings are addressed?
Not true some said no, others yes Most of what is in the catechism is false doctrine that lead people away for Jesus. It is much more than 5per cent that is off.

... So how can the Catholic church be buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines if only about 5% of our teachings are addressed?
It takes only one unscriptural doctrine:

Deut 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Well former Catholics on here, have YOU read through the entire CCC? If so, is what is stated in the OP correct?

I know indulgences are in the CCC. What about the 4 Marian Dogmas? I see them here:

I certainly believe Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus and was a virgin when He was born. But after that? What would be the purpose of remaining a virgin? Instead, God blessed her and Joseph with children together, to raise up joyfully together, as a reward for their faithfulness to God's commands.

We can merit for ourselves the grace that is necessary. Really? This is totally unbiblical! Grace, by its very definition, is UNmerited favor from God!

The index:

Prologue there are 6 sections:
the life of man - to know and love God
the handling of faith catechesis and so on
Then you have the parts
Part 1

PART ONE: THE PROFESSION OF FAITH
two sections with chapters and sub section
PART TWO: the celebration of the Christian Mystery
This has sections on the sacraments.
PART THREE: life in Christ
various sections
part 4 christian prayer
It finishes with the doxology
In brief

Go into any of the parts , chapters, sections, articles and you will find false beliefs.

There is the co mediatrix etc, the sacraments, the prayers to the dead etc

Deut 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Yep as my husband would say there is only a small percentage of poison in rat poison the rest is wholesome. But it all kills.

Here is one example from Part 1 section 1

26 We begin our profession of faith by saying: "I believe" or "We believe". Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed, celebrated in the liturgy and lived in observance of God's commandments and in prayer, we must first ask what "to believe" means. Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life. Thus we shall consider first that search (Chapter One), then the divine Revelation by which God comes to meet man (Chapter Two), and finally the response of faith (Chapter Three).

Major mistake faith is a gift from God. Eph 2:8+ It is a gift from God nothing more, nothing less. It is not man's response to God at all. John 6:44, 1 Cor 1:26-29, John 6:29 and there are many more verses which show it is a gift from God.

So your church's teachings are 100% true, no errors at all?

Here is one example from Part 1 section 1

26 We begin our profession of faith by saying: "I believe" or "We believe". Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed, celebrated in the liturgy and lived in observance of God's commandments and in prayer, we must first ask what "to believe" means. Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life. Thus we shall consider first that search (Chapter One), then the divine Revelation by which God comes to meet man (Chapter Two), and finally the response of faith (Chapter Three).

Major mistake faith is a gift from God. Eph 2:8+ It is a gift from God nothing more, nothing less. It is not man's response to God at all. John 6:44, 1 Cor 1:26-29, John 6:29 and there are many more verses which show it is a gift from God.
Scripture doesn't say that faith is a gift from God.

God's inspired written word is 100% truth; Catechisms and Theologies are not.
Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
But many of your church's doctrines are interpretations of scripture and not scripture.

Yes, those verses don't say the faith is a free gift.
Really so God charges us for faith, so it is a gift we have to purchase?

Eph 2:8+

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

John 6:44

44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

1 Cor 1:26-29

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him.

John 6:29

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

So it is a gift, it is God's work, God chooses, the father draws them nothing about paying for it

Last edited:
Back