Ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines

I don't see horizontal or vertical justification mentioned in scripture.
We don't see "Trinity" or "Triune Godhead" in the Bible, or "virgin birth" or "Hypostatic union" but the CONCEPTS are certainly there. These are just terms the church uses to describe these teachings/concepts found in the Bible. I would venture to say that nearly all the posters on here believe in what these terms describe, because the concepts and teachings ARE in the Bible.

So the horizontal and vertical thing are just terms used to describe the two different kinds of justification in the Bible--before men and before God. That is all. And "justified" does have two meanings used in Scripture--declared righteous and vindicated/proven. It depends upon the context.

Jesus told us that the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth. He didn't say that scripture would lead us into all the truth.
He didn't tell us to ignore scripture, He didn't tell us that the HS would break the commandments to add to scripture, go beyond scripture or to take away/ignore scripture. God is not a God of confusion, God is not double minded therefore the HS will never go against scripture. He will never add to it etc.

Your post is just justifying the false teachings of the RCC which the HS never guided anyone into ever.

Jesus told us that the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth. He didn't say that scripture would lead us into all the truth.
Oh, so the HS would guide us into all man-made doctrines, regardless of whether or not they contradict Scripture? Is that it?

Except Scripture IS God's word and God's word IS truth. Jesus Himself has said so. Man's?--Not so much....

Last edited:
Oh, so the HS would guide us into all man-made doctrines, regardless of whether or not they contradict Scripture? Is that it?

Except Scripture IS God's word and God's word IS truth. Jesus Himself has said so.
You are on the wrong forum. The Catholic church doesn't teach man-made doctrines and non of our doctrines are contrary to scripture. Jesus promised the the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth. The Holy Spirit doesn't guide us into error. Errors can be found on other forums but not on this one.

You are on the wrong forum. The Catholic church doesn't teach man-made doctrines and non of our doctrines are contrary to scripture. Jesus promised the the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth. The Holy Spirit doesn't guide us into error. Errors can be found on other forums but not on this one.
No Bonnie is correct and yes the RCC teaches man made doctrines and a lot of your doctrines are contrary to scripture. Jesus never promised the HS would guide the evil tree and your institution meet the scriptural requirements for the evil tree. It is a pity its leaders do not meet the scriptural requirements for leaders. Errors are found on this forum, as RCs post errors on it. Your institution is not and never has been guided by the HS,

You are on the wrong forum. The Catholic church doesn't teach man-made doctrines and non of our doctrines are contrary to scripture.
Just which forum SHOULD I be on, to debate Roman Catholics?
No, this is the Catholic forum where we discuss Catholic teachings. And yes, your church DOES teach man-made doctrines not found in Scripture, not even a hint. Like the following:

1. Indulgences
2. The 4 Marian dogmas
3. Being subject to the Pope is necessary for salvation
4. Purgatory
5. Celibate, unmarried clergy
6. Popes as the head of the church

NONE of these is remotely Biblical.
Jesus promised the the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth.

But some can reject that truth and resist the HS, teaching instead man-made precepts as doctrines. Jesus lambasted the Pharisees for doing just that, quoting Isaiah. What does this tell us about what God thinks of teaching human precepts as doctrines?
The Holy Spirit doesn't guide us into error.

But people can resist the HS and let their hearts grow inured to His guidance, leading them into error.
Errors can be found on other forums but not on this one.
FALSE!!!!! Errors are found all over the place on here! Like Mary is the "cause" of our salvation. One poster actually told me that every time I insist that Mary was not Ever-virgin, I have made her out to be an adulteress! That is a HUGE error! I asked this person how that could be, since Joseph was her lawful, legal wedded husband--and God has ordained marriage--and how having normal marital relations with him and raising up children together with him make her an "adulteress."

Another example: some time ago on here, when discussing popes and whether or not Peter was one, the RCC poster said that Peter made the final decision at the Jerusalem council in Acts 15! I pointed out that it was James who did so, but this person still said it was Peter. So, I quoted the pertinent part from Acts 15, and that was the last this poster said about that.

Your church is riddled with errors, which are reflected in the posts of some Catholics on here.

I was raised RC. before God saved me in my twenties. First Holy Communion, Confirmation, yet lost and bound by sin.
I was raised as a RC. My parents stopped going when I was 16. At college a Christian got me involved in a Christian group and a Christian church. I was a nCCs for around 25 years. But it wasn't until I read through the CCC that I realized that the Catholic church was correct. I am now attending the Catholic church again.

Oh, good grief--backpedaling! Then WHY say that at all IF you do believe that faith is a gift from God??? But Scripture DOES say it, in Eph. 2:8-9. I mean, we don't PAY God for faith, do we?
OR did you write that the Bible doesn't teach us that faith is the gift of God, because you want your church to take the credit for teaching that? That it is something non-biblical that your church has taught and is supposedly proof that not all Christian beliefs need come from the Bible?

Last edited:
Here is another passage from the CCC:

MAN'S CAPACITY FOR GOD

I. The Desire for God

27 The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for:

The dignity of man rests above all on the fact that he is called to communion with God. This invitation to converse with God is addressed to man as soon as he comes into being. For if man exists it is because God has created him through love, and through love continues to hold him in existence. He cannot live fully according to truth unless he freely acknowledges that love and entrusts himself to his creator.1

28 In many ways, throughout history down to the present day, men have given expression to their quest for God in their religious beliefs and behaviour: in their prayers, sacrifices, rituals, meditations, and so forth. These forms of religious expression, despite the ambiguities they often bring with them, are so universal that one may well call man a religious being:

From one ancestor (God) made all nations to inhabit the whole earth, and he allotted the times of their existence and the boundaries of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps grope for him and find him - though indeed he is not far from each one of us. For "in him we live and move and have our being."2

29 But this "intimate and vital bond of man to God" (GS 19 # 1) can be forgotten, overlooked, or even explicitly rejected by man.3 Such attitudes can have different causes: revolt against evil in the world; religious ignorance or indifference; the cares and riches of this world; the scandal of bad example on the part of believers; currents of thought hostile to religion; finally, that attitude of sinful man which makes him hide from God out of fear and flee his call.4

30 "Let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice."5 Although man can forget God or reject him, He never ceases to call every man to seek him, so as to find life and happiness. But this search for God demands of man every effort of intellect, a sound will, "an upright heart", as well as the witness of others who teach him to seek God.

You are great, O Lord, and greatly to be praised: great is your power and your wisdom is without measure. and man, so small a part of your creation, wants to praise you: this man, though clothed with mortality and bearing the evidence of sin and the proof that you withstand the proud. Despite everything, man, though but a small a part of your creation, wants to praise you. You yourself encourage him to delight in your praise, for you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.6

Are there a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines here?

I will take it the no nCCs here has ever read through the CCC.
No one has an issue with anything in this passage?

Also we see the Catholic church fighting heresy in the 5th century. So it wasn't overtaken by heretical Roman politicians.

We are told by a nCCs that the Catholic church is buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines. I asked the nCCs if they have every read through the CCC and they said no.

I am curious how many either CC or nCCs have read through the CCC published in originally published in 1992?

I have read through the entire Catechism and I estimate that the issues the nCCs have with Catholic teachings make up less than 5% of the entire Catechism. The other 95% of the teachings the nCCs don't ever seem to address. I assume that they don't have issues with those teachings. So how can the Catholic church be buried under a ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines if only about 5% of our teachings are addressed?
Doesn't seem like anyone has to many problems with the portions of the CCC that I have posted. Here is another:

II. The Stages of Revelation

In the beginning God makes himself known

54 "God, who creates and conserves all things by his Word, provides men with constant evidence of himself in created realities. and furthermore, wishing to open up the way to heavenly salvation - he manifested himself to our first parents from the very beginning."6 He invited them to intimate communion with himself and clothed them with resplendent grace and justice.

55 This revelation was not broken off by our first parents' sin. "After the fall, (God) buoyed them up with the hope of salvation, by promising redemption; and he has never ceased to show his solicitude for the human race. For he wishes to give eternal life to all those who seek salvation by patience in well-doing."7

Even when he disobeyed you and lost your friendship you did not abandon him to the power of death. . . Again and again you offered a covenant to man.8

The covenant with Noah

56 After the unity of the human race was shattered by sin God at once sought to save humanity part by part. the covenant with Noah after the flood gives expression to the principle of the divine economy toward the "nations", in other words, towards men grouped "in their lands, each with (its) own language, by their families, in their nations".9

57 This state of division into many nations, each entrusted by divine providence to the guardianship of angels, is at once cosmic, social and religious. It is intended to limit the pride of fallen humanity10 united only in its perverse ambition to forge its own unity as at Babel.11 But, because of sin, both polytheism and the idolatry of the nation and of its rulers constantly threaten this provisional economy with the perversion of paganism.12

58 The covenant with Noah remains in force during the times of the Gentiles, until the universal proclamation of the Gospel.13 The Bible venerates several great figures among the Gentiles: Abel the just, the king-priest Melchisedek - a figure of Christ - and the upright "Noah, Daniel, and Job".14 Scripture thus expresses the heights of sanctity that can be reached by those who live according to the covenant of Noah, waiting for Christ to "gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad".15

God chooses Abraham

59 In order to gather together scattered humanity God calls Abram from his country, his kindred and his father's house,16 and makes him Abraham, that is, "the father of a multitude of nations". "In you all the nations of the earth shall be blessed."17

60 The people descended from Abraham would be the trustee of the promise made to the patriarchs, the chosen people, called to prepare for that day when God would gather all his children into the unity of the Church.18 They would be the root on to which the Gentiles would be grafted, once they came to believe.19

61 The patriarchs, prophets and certain other Old Testament figures have been and always will be honoured as saints in all the Church's liturgical traditions.

God forms his people Israel

62 After the patriarchs, God formed Israel as his people by freeing them from slavery in Egypt. He established with them the covenant of Mount Sinai and, through Moses, gave them his law so that they would recognize him and serve him as the one living and true God, the provident Father and just judge, and so that they would look for the promised Saviour.20

63 Israel is the priestly people of God, "called by the name of the LORD", and "the first to hear the word of God",21 The people of "elder brethren" in the faith of Abraham.

64 Through the prophets, God forms his people in the hope of salvation, in the expectation of a new and everlasting Covenant intended for all, to be written on their hearts.22 The prophets proclaim a radical redemption of the People of God, purification from all their infidelities, a salvation which will include all the nations.23 Above all, the poor and humble of the Lord will bear this hope. Such holy women as Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, Miriam, Deborah, Hannah, Judith and Esther kept alive the hope of Israel's salvation. the purest figure among them is Mary.24

Are there any issues with these teachings?

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has an issue with anything in this passage?

Also we see the Catholic church fighting heresy in the 5th century. So it wasn't overtaken by heretical Roman politicians.
27 The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for:

"there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God."
Romans 3:11

1567 ekzētéō (from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2212 /zētéō, "seek") – properly, seek out, emphasizing the personal intent of the seeker, i.e. the outcome intensely and personally desired by the seeker. This seeking is only as valuable (viable) as the motive which drives it.

"there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God."
Romans 3:11

1567 ekzētéō (from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2212 /zētéō, "seek") – properly, seek out, emphasizing the personal intent of the seeker, i.e. the outcome intensely and personally desired by the seeker. This seeking is only as valuable (viable) as the motive which drives it.
A French mathematician, Blaise Paschal, once wrote that "There is a void inside every man that can only be filled by God.'

Back