Top military officials feared Trump was planning a coup

Mike McK

Trump the wannabe dictator.
Yeah, we heard this silly claim for four years from the people who aggressively supported a guy who ruled by Executive Order and Presidential Memoranda, and got around Congress by saying, "I have a phone and a pen".

But it was former New York Giants coach, Bill Parcells, who famously said, "It doesn't matter what they say about you. At the end of the day, you are what the scoreboard says you are."

Trump is what the scoreboard says he is. And since there is no record of anything "dictator"-like on the board, he is not a dictator, wannabe or otherwise.

Grow up.

Thistle

Not interested in your insults.
Sorry you can't distinguish fact from insults, but if you can comprehend my three sentence explanation by all means demonstrate that I'm wrong.
Why do you unfailingly retreat to them when you are shown to be wrong?
Again demonstrate that you can understand my three sentence explanation and then will at least be dealing with objective facts.

Electric Skeptic

Sorry you can't distinguish fact from insults, but if you can comprehend my three sentence explanation by all means demonstrate that I'm wrong.

Again demonstrate that you can understand my three sentence explanation and then will at least be dealing with objective facts.
The same as normal. A double-down on the insult, an attempt to push the fault on to me, and an avoidance of even addressing your error. Yawn.

Thistle

The same as normal. A double-down on the insult,
And you double down by calling facts insults.
an attempt to push the fault on to me,
I have no power to make something your fault, or to keep something from being your fault. Facts are not personal. Conducting your affairs in such away as to illustrat you know that, is called maturity.
and an avoidance of even addressing your error. Yawn.
If you actually had the blasé attitude you're trying to manufacture here, you would not have made half of this discussion about how insulted you feel having to respond to me. The secret is you don't have to respond to me at all.

Electric Skeptic

And you double down by calling facts insults.
No, I don't.
I have no power to make something your fault, or to keep something from being your fault. Facts are not personal. Conducting your affairs in such away as to illustrat you know that, is called maturity.
More insults.
If you actually had the blasé attitude you're trying to manufacture here, you would not have made half of this discussion about how insulted you feel having to respond to me. The secret is you don't have to respond to me at all.
...and falsehoods.

Bob Dobbalina

People don't understand what a dictator is if they think Trump is one. They should read about Nazi Germany during WWII. Hitler was a dictator.
****** wasn’t a dictator but not for lack of trying. His love and admiration of fascist leaders is well-documented.

ETA: It seems the family name has been censored here. I find it odd and a little disconcerting to be censored here but evidently the alleged freedom-loving patriots that make up Trump’s base are censors. Sad but unsurprising.

Thistle

****** wasn’t a dictator but not for lack of trying. His love and admiration of fascist leaders is well-documented.

ETA: It seems the family name has been censored here. I find it odd and a little disconcerting to be censored here but evidently the alleged freedom-loving patriots that make up Trump’s base are censors. Sad but unsurprising.
Says the guy who's avatar is Lee Harvey Oswald as a cat.