Toward a defintion of Psychikos

Theo1689

So this is how you attempt to show those verses are consistent with a belief the gospel is not understandable

<Chuckle>

Is this your lame attempt at "gaslighting"?!

I've NEVER claimed to "attempt to show those verses" mean ANYTHING!
I've explicitly told you the exact OPPOSITE, multiple times!
I frankly don't care what you believe.

And since we both know that no matter how I respond, you'll simply (1) insult me, and (2) tell me that I'm wrong and you're right, I don't see why I should waste my time.

And you refused to answer my question as to why I should waste my time.
You're like talking to a wall.

great defense you got there (not)

<Chuckle>

I never claimed I was going to GIVE you one!
You're the one who keeps harassing ME to give you one, only for you to REJECT anything I tell you. So what's the point?

You want me to address your scriptures, present my points and exejete my points
as though the verses were not understandable on their own

and your contribution

It would be funny if it wasn't sad

Okay, I'm going to tell you a little secret, that you apparently haven't figured out yet.
I don't post here for your benefit.
If you were harassing me through private email, I would have blocked you long ago.

But I post here for the benefit of OTHERS reading these posts, and base don the "likes" and comments I've received, I'm appreciated.

So I post Scriptures to prove you wrong.
You don't have to respond to those Scriptures if you don't want to.
No one's forcing you.
Unlike you, I'm not going to go around stalking you and harassing you to respond to those verses. I'm not you. I'm a Christian.

Have a nice day! ;)

T

TomFL

<Chuckle>

Is this your lame attempt at "gaslighting"?!

I've NEVER claimed to "attempt to show those verses" mean ANYTHING!
I've explicitly told you the exact OPPOSITE, multiple times!
I frankly don't care what you believe.

And since we both know that no matter how I respond, you'll simply (1) insult me, and (2) tell me that I'm wrong and you're right, I don't see why I should waste my time.

And you refused to answer my question as to why I should waste my time.
You're like talking to a wall.

<Chuckle>

I never claimed I was going to GIVE you one!
You're the one who keeps harassing ME to give you one, only for you to REJECT anything I tell you. So what's the point?

Okay, I'm going to tell you a little secret, that you apparently haven't figured out yet.
I don't post here for your benefit.
If you were harassing me through private email, I would have blocked you long ago.

But I post here for the benefit of OTHERS reading these posts, and base don the "likes" and comments I've received, I'm appreciated.

So I post Scriptures to prove you wrong.
You don't have to respond to those Scriptures if you don't want to.
No one's forcing you.
Unlike you, I'm not going to go around stalking you and harassing you to respond to those verses. I'm not you. I'm a Christian.

Have a nice day! ;)

What a joke

I respond to every scripture you give with rebuttal

you ignore rebuttal with "why waste my time"

and call noting your failure to deal with rebuttal harassments

And BTW you have done nothing to prove me wrong

You have got the rhetoric down pat but the reality is a whole other story

brightfame52

Of course it is an assumption

Why is it you never address the verses giving showingf the gospel can be understood

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

1 Peter 1:21–25 (KJV 1900)

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Man is regenerated through faith in the Gospel

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Self explanitory

Romans 1:16 (KJV 1900)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
No it's not. The natural man is the unregenerate man. Lacking the Spirit.

Theo1689

I respond to every scripture you give with rebuttal

Everyone here knows that's not true.

you ignore rebuttal with "why waste my time"

And you haven't convinced me why I SHOULD waste my time.

and call noting your failure to deal with rebuttal harassments

I have no "obligation" to provide ANYTHING to you.
I am not your "slave".
You are not my "Lord".
So get over yourself.

I've repeatedly told you I DON'T CARE what you believe.
But you constantly harass me to argue with you, which is a waste of time since if I do, all you're going to do is (1) ignore my response, (2) insult me, and (3) "proclaim" I'm wrong.

And frankly, I've got better things to do with my time than to be abused by you.

And BTW you have done nothing to prove me wrong

Well, yours is merely ONE opinion.
Many disagree with you.

T

TomFL

No it's not. The natural man is the unregenerate man. Lacking the Spirit.
You just ignored 8 verses

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Self explanitory

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

and you cannot get regenerate without faith

T

TomFL

Everyone here knows that's not true.

The only thing that should be known as true is your did not address the scriptures i gave

I have been addressing yours

And you haven't convinced me why I SHOULD waste my time.

So why are you posting and wasting your time

Sound like an excuse you offer to avoid having to deal with rebuttal
while still allowing for rhetoric

snip
The rest is just a waste of time

Theo1689

The only thing that should be known as true is your did not address the scriptures i gave

And I never claimed that I would.
It would be a complete waste of time.
And you haven't convinced me why it WOULDN'T be a complete waste of my time.

You don't WANT to hear any response from me.
And I have no desire to respond to you regarding those passages.
So if we are agreed on that, why do you keep harassing me about it?

So why are you posting and wasting your time

Sorry, but I get to choose WHEN I post, WHY I post, and WHAT I post.
NOT you.
So get over yourself.

Sound like an excuse you offer to avoid having to deal with rebuttal

There is NOTHING for me to have to "deal" with.
And like I said, all you did was post Scripture, and we ACCEPT all of Scripture.

The rest is just a waste of time

<Chuckle>

You're the one who's so insecure he feels the need to respond to everyone who posts to him, because you are so insecure you "need the last word".

Wow, it is SO easy to control you! ;) :D

Theo1689

Okay, let me try ONE more time....

Thank you for showing this Scripture. I'm sure it was shared with a charitable motive of helping me to further my goal for truth. I believe this Scripture, and I find it perfectly consistent with everything I believe. And since you haven't given a compelling exegesis of how it would conflict with what I believe, I will continue to believe what I believe.

And since you reject any theology I share with you, that tells me you're not interested in hearing how I understand it, so I won't waste my time.

Thank you for showing this Scripture. I'm sure it was shared with a charitable motive of helping me to further my goal for truth. I believe this Scripture, and I find it perfectly consistent with everything I believe. And since you haven't given a compelling exegesis of how it would conflict with what I believe, I will continue to believe what I believe.

And since you reject any theology I share with you, that tells me you're not interested in hearing how I understand it, so I won't waste my time.

John 7:38–39 —KJV
“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Gal. 3:14 —KJV
“That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —KJV
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”

Heb. 4:2 —KJV
“For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.”

Happy now?

Have a nice day! ;)

T

TomFL

I'd explain it to you, but that would be a waste of my time...... ;)

Bwahahahahaha! ;)

Have a nice day! ;)
Still wasting time ?

We got it you don't do rebuttal

and this is how all discussions with you end

no need to waste any more time

telling us you don't want to waste your time
'

Theo1689

Not with the likes of you, no.
I've already explained that to you many times (Matt. 7:6).
Apparently you're not very quick on the uptake...

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld...

"I don't think that you do."

If you truly "got it", you wouldn't continue to harass me to respond, when you know I'm not going to respond.

no need to waste any more time

telling us you don't want to waste your time

Am I wrong?
If I responded to you, would you accept what I said?
Would you even CONSIDER it?
Of course not!

According to you, I'm wrong even before I respond.
Hence, "waste of time."

brightfame52

You just ignored 8 verses

Self explanitory

and you cannot get regenerate without faith
You ignored one. The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God and can't understand them because they are Spiritually discerned.

T

TomFL

Not with the likes of you, no.
I've already explained that to you many times (Matt. 7:6).
Apparently you're not very quick on the uptake...

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld...

"I don't think that you do."

If you truly "got it", you wouldn't continue to harass me to respond, when you know I'm not going to respond.

Am I wrong?
If I responded to you, would you accept what I said?
Would you even CONSIDER it?
Of course not!

According to you, I'm wrong even before I respond.
Hence, "waste of time."
You really must like wasting time as you do so much of it

I have never seen anyone waste so much time talking about

wasting time

P.S. No you are not wrong before you respond you are wrong only when you are wrong

and rebuttal is given as to why you are wrong

but you rather state you don't want to waste your time rather than deal with it

T

TomFL

You ignored one. The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God and can't understand them because they are Spiritually discerned.
It doesn't say what you thing

And you cannot falsify 8 verses with 1 out of context citation

Theo1689

You really must like wasting time as you do so much of it

I don't consider the posts I DO write here, to be "wasting time".
If you do, nobody is forcing you to read them.

Let me explain (to the other readers) why I'm here. Like another poster wrote earlier, I'm here mainly to learn. To a lesser extent, I'm here to share what I've learned, and I'm blessed that it seems that God has been using me well in that regard. Mostly it is those who share my views that are learning from me, or at least are blessed by my posts.

I really WOULD like to have a productive discussion with you, I really would. But for reasons recently shared in this very forum, you refuse to do so. So while I respond to others for edification, I mostly respond to you for entertainment. And believe me, the entertainment I get far more than justifies the time investment.

So don't you worry about me wasting my time.
And don't presume to make DEMANDS on how you think I "must" make use of my time.
That is not your purview.

I have never seen anyone waste so much time talking about

wasting time

Is that like "jibberjabbering about jibberjabbering"?
(20 bonus points for anyone who knows that reference! ;) )

I don't believe it's a waste of time.
And if it ends up being a waste of my time, that's my concern, not yours.
Once again.... Get over yourself.

T

TomFL

I don't consider the posts I DO write here, to be "wasting time".
If you do, nobody is forcing you to read them.

Let me explain (to the other readers) why I'm here. Like another poster wrote earlier, I'm here mainly to learn. To a lesser extent, I'm here to share what I've learned, and I'm blessed that it seems that God has been using me well in that regard. Mostly it is those who share my views that are learning from me, or at least are blessed by my posts.

I really WOULD like to have a productive discussion with you, I really would. But for reasons recently shared in this very forum, you refuse to do so. So while I respond to others for edification, I mostly respond to you for entertainment. And believe me, the entertainment I get far more than justifies the time investment.

So don't you worry about me wasting my time.
And don't presume to make DEMANDS on how you think I "must" make use of my time.
That is not your purview.

Is that like "jibberjabbering about jibberjabbering"?
(20 bonus points for anyone who knows that reference! ;) )

I don't believe it's a waste of time.
And if it ends up being a waste of my time, that's my concern, not yours.
Once again.... Get over yourself.
Its a big waste of time if all you are going to do is talk about wasting time

This is a theology forum

people usually talk about theology

not wasting time

Theo1689

Its a big waste of time if all you are going to do is talk about wasting time

Well, I disagree.

But if you truly think it's a "waste of time". then maybe you should stop harassing me to try to get me to respond to your proof-texts, when I've already explained to you that I have no obligation to, and no desire to waste my time IN THAT PARTICULAR endeavour.

But we know you won't do that, since you're so insecure in your beliefs that you need to have "the last word", and you will ALWAYS respond to anyone who responds to you.

You are so EASY to control! ;)

This is a theology forum
people usually talk about theology

As do I.
But you're not interested in discussing theology.
You're only interested in "proclaiming" everyone else is wrong.

So I'll take it as read that you think I'm "wrong".
And frankly, it doesn't really bother me.

Have a nice day!

T

TomFL

Well, I disagree.

But if you truly think it's a "waste of time". then maybe you should stop harassing me to try to get me to respond to your proof-texts, when I've already explained to you that I have no obligation to, and no desire to waste my time IN THAT PARTICULAR endeavour.

But we know you won't do that, since you're so insecure in your beliefs that you need to have "the last word", and you will ALWAYS respond to anyone who responds to you.

You are so EASY to control! ;)

As do I.
But you're not interested in discussing theology.
You're only interested in "proclaiming" everyone else is wrong.

So I'll take it as read that you think I'm "wrong".
And frankly, it doesn't really bother me.

Have a nice day!
Harrassing you?

You are the one who keeps replying

not wanting to address rebuttal

but you keep posting and cry about harassing you