TP claims - Atheism isn't a belief, Stiggy

ferengi

FALSE - the doctrine or BELIEF that there is no God. -https://www.dictionary.com/browse/atheism?s=t

Hopw can the atheist not know what atheism is?

Gus Bovona

Hopw capn thpe theispt nopt knopw that words can have more than one meaning when the dictionary they reference shows two meanings for the word in question?

Authentic Nouveau

Hopw capn thpe theispt nopt knopw that words can have more than one meaning when the dictionary they reference shows two meanings for the word in question?
What about your words which are not in the dictionary? None of the atheeists can explain why they castigate scripture and use so many words not even found in the Bible.

Darwinists not sharp enough to catch creature and creation have the same root.

Gus Bovona

What about your words which are not in the dictionary? None of the atheeists can explain why they castigate scripture and use so many words not even found in the Bible.

Darwinists not sharp enough to catch creature and creation have the same root.
C'mon, I *love* words that are in the dictionary. Some of my favorite words are in the dictionary. I have more than one dictionary, in fact.

And, you have a good point about using words not in the bible. I promise, from now on, to not use any words that are not in the Bible.

Also, thanks for pointing out about creature and creation. I admit I missed that one.

Ficciones

FALSE - the doctrine or BELIEF that there is no God. -https://www.dictionary.com/browse/atheism?s=t

Hopw can the atheist not know what atheism is?

I agree - atheists need to grow a pair (sorry ladies, it's just a figure of speech). How long have there been CARM forums? In all that time, the dumb burden of proof argument has raged, destroying more than it illuminates, and preventing more reasoned conversation.

Atheism is absolutely a worldview, a set of ideas, yes, even a set of beliefs. If you think atheism is more warranted than theism, and you've come here to argue about it, I expect you to have something to say in defense of your ideas. That might mean arguments from science, or philosophy, or from scriptural criticism, or comparative mythology - but what's the point of showing your face if you have nothing?

Gus Bovona

I agree - atheists need to grow a pair (sorry ladies, it's just a figure of speech). How long have there been CARM forums? In all that time, the dumb burden of proof argument has raged, destroying more than it illuminates, and preventing more reasoned conversation.

Atheism is absolutely a worldview, a set of ideas, yes, even a set of beliefs. If you think atheism is more warranted than theism, and you've come here to argue about it, I expect you to have something to say in defense of your ideas. That might mean arguments from science, or philosophy, or from scriptural criticism, or comparative mythology - but what's the point of showing your face if you have nothing?
P1. A theist is a person who believes that a god exists.
P2. The prefix "a-" indicates mutual exclusion of the word the suffix is attached to.
C1 (from P1 and P2): "Atheist" denotes all those who are not theists.
P3. A person not convinced that there are any gods is not a theist.
C2 (from C1 and P3): A person who is not convinced that there are any gods is an atheist.

This also means that no other idea or belief is necessary to be an atheist.

Whatsisface

Theism poisons everything while atheism poisons nothing is their ongoing paradigm. A better is militant God deniers.
Atheists don't deny God, to deny is to refuse to acknowledge something shown to be true. God has not been shown to be true, hence atheism.

Torin

What makes you think atheism is a worldview? Is, say, moral antirealism also a worldview? These are just positions on specific issues, in my view.

Authentic Nouveau

Atheists don't deny God, to deny is to refuse to acknowledge something shown to be true. God has not been shown to be true, hence atheism.
Watch Stephen Hawking say there is no God.

He says there is No God and no one directs our fate.

So I show evidence of atheist deny God.

so your claim is false. I notice your irrational moves are feelings driven and not fact based.

Ficciones

What makes you think atheism is a worldview? Is, say, moral antirealism also a worldview? These are just positions on specific issues, in my view.

OK, I'm not especialy attached to "worldview" in this regard. And it's true that atheists can disagree on a lot of different things. Let's say, it's a position on an issue, same as any other position on any other issue.

Nevertheless, you'd expect someone adhering to moral antirealism to be capable of marshaling arguments in support of their ideas.

Authentic Nouveau

Theism poisons everything while atheism poisons nothing is their ongoing paradigm. A better is militant God deniers.
I watched this which appears saturated with "theism"

Just finished a muffin and brewed some fresh coffee and waiting for their poison prophesy to kick in.

So I am hooking up my 50 dollar O2 and heart monitor and scientifically testing their prediction.

I did 53 miles on Mountain bike last 48 hours so I am dealing with lactic acid. Poison.

ferengi

I agree - atheists need to grow a pair (sorry ladies, it's just a figure of speech).
As well as get an education and grow up.

Atheism is absolutely a worldview,

I know - tell atheists.

a set of ideas, yes, even a set of beliefs. If you think atheism is more warranted than theism, and you've come here to argue about it, I expect you to have something to say in defense of your ideas. That might mean arguments from science, or philosophy, or from scriptural criticism, or comparative mythology - but what's the point of showing your face if you have nothing?
There is no science to support atheism

Ficciones

There is no science to support atheism

Probably not - but, there is science to support a critique of particular religious claims - young earth creationism, for example - and plenty of evidence to support common descent, which flies in the face of creationism in general.

However, my own objections to theism in general are metaphysical, not scientific. Theism is metaphysically incoherent - theists posit God's agency to explain aspects of reality that must be assumed in order to posit God's agency.