Tradition and Christian faith Traditions

davbeh2010 said:
Holy Spirit "inspired" written Scripture never contradicts Holy Spirit "inspired" oral traditions, and Holy Spirit "inspired" oral traditions never contradicts Holy Spirit "inspired" written Scripture.

I agree with this statement.

Therefore, it follows, that any oral tradition(s) within the Christian faith that contradicts Holy Spirit "inspired" written Scripture, is not Holy Spirit "inspired". (i.e. Good Friday worship tradition - "nullifies" - Holy Spirit "inspired" written Scripture - i.e. John 4:24; Matthew 26:2 - (after two days); Mark 8:31- (after three days); Colossians 3:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Therefore, it follows, that any oral tradition(s) within the Christian faith that contradicts Holy Spirit "inspired" written Scripture, is not Holy Spirit "inspired". (i.e. Good Friday worship tradition - "nullifies" - Holy Spirit "inspired" written Scripture - i.e. John 4:24; Matthew 26:2 - (after two days); Mark 8:31- (after three days); Colossians 3:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)

In Christ's service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
Depends on what spirit one reads the scripture of and for how that scriptures are interpreted.

Does one read it as the Catholic do, Mormons do, Latter days do, Baptists do, COCs do, AOGs do, Jim Jones, or David Koresh, etc. ?
Is it not a matter of what spirit one is of how one interprets the letters?

"This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:51

Everyone ought to examine themselves, for those who partake without discerning the body of Christ incur judgment on themselves.
Depends on what spirit one reads the scripture of and for how that scriptures are interpreted.

Does one read it as the Catholic do, Mormons do, Latter days do, Baptists do, COCs do, AOGs do, Jim Jones, or David Koresh, etc. ?
Is it not a matter of what spirit one is of how one interprets the letters?
The Inheritance Of Faith
After He arose from the dead; He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word; Acts 10:41-44

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17

The Inheritance Of Faith
After He arose from the dead; He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead. To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word; Acts 10:41-44

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17
Actually faith comes the same way it came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 by God Himself. One cant hear God at all and have His faith without Him opening up who He is and all of His heaven in you, then faith is applied where we walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following.

These who has not heard God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 does not have His word at all, and all that you have is your laws to govern your gods that they may obey you instead of you obeying Him as Jesus did recieve in you the same word of God that Jesus receieved in Matt 3:16.

To you the ways of God in Matt 3:16 is antichrist, gnostic lis, as you keep accusing Him of.

But actually Jesus was very gnostic for he knew just as they do that Gods Spirit resided in man, but not for you for you reside in sin instead, or at least you say you are the sinner.

The Inheritance Of Faith
Actually faith comes the same way it came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 by God Himself.
Actually the One God sent, Jesus Christ, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of God, is the author and finisher of faith.
To you the ways of God in Matt 3:16 is antichrist, gnostic lis, as you keep accusing Him of.
Reprobate gnostics having rejected Jesus are hypocritical liars, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck.

Actually the One God sent, Jesus Christ, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of God, is the author and finisher of faith.
No he wasn't at all, Jesus didn't even know God nor His heaven until God came to that man and opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man that you deny and call Him a gnostic liar.

Matt 3:16 is a flat out lie for you.
Reprobate gnostics having rejected Jesus are hypocritical liars, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck.
Yes they accuse Jesus in his ways in the Father as gnostic lies dont you?
Actually we all who has from God that what Jesus had and overcome this world sit with Him in His throne at Hisa right hand. Rev 3;21. You only exclude and reject yourself from sitting with Him as we all do who has received from God that what Jesus did.
Yes these accuse God in His ways and the one He sent to lead you to Him accusing Jesus of hypocrisy, and liar.

You have the same mentality of those who had the one God sent to lead them to the Father as yourself is doing and of the same false accusations of him being a blasphemer, liar, as these did for the very same reason which rejection of His ways, antichrist and there are many of them like you who reject the ways of God in Christ to be His anointed yourself.

o you as you keep stating the ways of Christ is gnostic lies.

The Inheritance Of Faith

amen, hearing mixed with faith Heb 4:2

What did you hear from God Himself, was it the same thing Jesus heard from God in Matt 3:16 where God opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man? Or have you only read a book where others testified of hearing God themselves?

It is pretty obvious in your testimonies of who your god is that you never have heard from the One Jesus heard in Matt 3:16.

I heard the same from God Himself as Jesus did in Matt 3:16, as Adam did in Gen 3;22, as Abraham heard Him, Moses heard Him, 120 heard Him and so did I the same. Same Spirit in all of these is the same One in me, same mind of God to be His anointed ones.

JonHawk said:
The Inheritance Of Faith
He said to them, This is what I told you while I was still with you: everything which is written concerning Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled; Luke 24:43-45
What did you hear from God Himself, was it the same thing Jesus heard from God in Matt 3:16
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my ·Son, whom I love [My beloved Son; Genesis 22:2,
Psalm 2:6-8], and I am ·very [well] pleased with Him [Isa 42:1].” Matt 3:16-17
as Abraham heard Him, Moses heard Him,...
Elijah appeared to them along with Moses, and they were speaking with Jesus.
Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him and obey Him! mark 9:1-8
Same Spirit in all of these is the same One in me, same mind of God to be His anointed ones.
For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such a declaration as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory: “This is My beloved Son with whom I am well pleased”—and we ourselves heard this declaration made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. And so we have the prophetic word made more sure...knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:16-20

What did you hear from God Himself, was it the same thing Jesus heard from God in Matt 3:16 where God opened up who He is and all of His heaven in that man? Or have you only read a book where others testified of hearing God themselves?

It is pretty obvious in your testimonies of who your god is that you never have heard from the One Jesus heard in Matt 3:16.

I heard the same from God Himself as Jesus did in Matt 3:16, as Adam did in Gen 3;22, as Abraham heard Him, Moses heard Him, 120 heard Him and so did I the same. Same Spirit in all of these is the same One in me, same mind of God to be His anointed ones.
It was a parable of the sower and the seeds that grabbed my heart and I responded to by receiving Jesus.

He said to them, This is what I told you while I was still with you: everything which is written concerning Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled; Luke 24:43-45

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my ·Son, whom I love [My beloved Son; Genesis 22:2,

Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him and obey Him! mark 9:1-8

For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such a declaration as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory: “This is My beloved Son with whom I am well pleased”—and we ourselves heard this declaration made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. And so we have the prophetic word made more sure...knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:16-20
Just a note on 2 Peter 1:20. "Private interpretation" has been mistaught to refer to an individual's interpretation of the Word. Adding verse 21 clarifies the true meaning of those words. The topic is prophecy of scripture. It is addressing the origin of scripture. The verses are declaring the inspirartion of scripture. They say this was "not by the will of man," (not his own ideas) not "private interpretation" But what men prophesied came when "men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God," Nowhere in those verses is the topic: "How a person understands the Bible." Instead the topic is the origin of God's Word. Again what these verses are decalring is the prophecy does not come from the mind of a man. It is never just the unraveling of his own ideas. Prophecy always comes when men are moved by the Holy Spirit.
Probably the clue to this is the Greek word translated "interpretation"

Last edited:
JonHawk said:

Just a note on 2 Peter 1:20. "Private interpretation" has been mistaught to refer to an individual's interpretation of the Word. Adding verse 21 clarifies the true meaning of those words. The topic is prophecy of scripture.
The topic of prophecy of Scripture is salvation through faith in Christ Jesus; For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
You have known the Holy Scriptures which makes you the wise and that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. For all Scripture is inspired by God, beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness; 2 Timothy 3:14-16

It was a parable of the sower and the seeds that grabbed my heart and I responded to by receiving Jesus.
The sower is the One who came to Jesus in Matt 3;16, In Adam in Gen 3;22, in Abraham, Moses, many, Jesus in Matt 3:16, 120 in an upper room, and in us all today who God has planted His same seed that I may know Him. However, it is up to me and you to receive His seed and give birth to His seed as all of these did.

it is a funny thing about being the bride of Christ, we give birth to His seed, which is Christ within, Gods Spirit within, to be Gods begotten, born of God and the same is passed on from generation to generation. We can read how it was, and is, and will be from there book. ,

The sower is the One who came to Jesus in Matt 3;16, In Adam in Gen 3;22, in Abraham, Moses, many, Jesus in Matt 3:16, 120 in an upper room, and in us all today who God has planted His same seed that I may know Him. However, it is up to me and you to receive His seed and give birth to His seed ... which is Christ within, Gods Spirit within, to be Gods begotten, born of God and the same is passed on from generation to generation. We can read how it was, and is, and will be from there book. ,
Concerning this we have much but you have become dull in your [spiritual] hearing and sluggish in achieving spiritual insight.

Who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. Heb 7:16
“The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a Priest forever;
Because of the word of the oath, Jesus has become the certain guarantee of a new and better covenant [a more excellent agreement; one that will never be annulled.
Therefore He is also able to save forever those who come to God through Him, Heb 7:21-25
For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever. Heb 7:28

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty gnostic deception [pseudo-intellectual babble] rather than the truth—the gospel of Jesus Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity (the Godhead) dwells [completely expressing the divine essence of God]. Col 2:8-9

Concerning this we have much but you have become dull in your [spiritual] hearing and sluggish in achieving spiritual insight.
You cant know God at all without His mind be your own. Not even Jesus could have that information without Matt 3:16 where he was born of God, born again, a renewing of his mind to think in Gods terms for Spirit.

May I as why Matt 3:16 is gnostic lies for you? But you won't answer. You never have answered the question of, -- What if God really did sent that man Jesus to show you the way to Him? You cant answer because it puts you under condemnation.
Who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life. Heb 7:16
Because of the word of the oath, Jesus has become the certain guarantee of a new and better covenant [a more excellent agreement; one that will never be annulled.
Therefore He is also able to save forever those who come to God through Him, Heb 7:21-25
For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever. Heb 7:28

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty gnostic deception [pseudo-intellectual babble] rather than the truth—the gospel of Jesus Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity (the Godhead) dwells [completely expressing the divine essence of God]. Col 2:8-9
You are drowning in the philosophy of Paul. One who used witchcraft, trickery, that you turn from God and follow Pauls philosophy instead.

You cant know God at all without His mind be your own -- What if God really did sent that man Jesus to show you the way to Him? You cant answer because it puts you under condemnation. You are drowning in the philosophy of Paul. One who used witchcraft, trickery, that you turn from God and follow Pauls philosophy instead.
What a foolish gnostic. Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus.

What a foolish gnostic. Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Yes Jesus is a foolish gnostic for you in his ways in the Father as you keep stating of Him in His ways.

There is no condemnation for we who are of Christ as Jesus was of Christ, anointed of God.

The conviction comes for those who are without the Christ and accuse Christ of aimless gnostic lies.

JonHawk said:
Gary Mac said:
You cant know God at all without His mind be your own -- What if God really did sent that man Jesus to show you the way to Him? You cant answer because it puts you under condemnation. You are drowning in the philosophy of Paul. One who used witchcraft, trickery, that you turn from God and follow Pauls philosophy instead.
Yes Jesus is a foolish gnostic for you in his ways in the Father as you keep stating of Him in His ways.
There is no condemnation for we who are of Christ as Jesus was of Christ, anointed of God.
The conviction comes for those who are without the Christ and accuse Christ of aimless gnostic lies.
Because these delusional gnostics refused to believe the truth, the glorious coming of the Lord Jesus will be their utter destruction.
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters beloved by the Lord Jesus, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thess 2:12-14

JonHawk said:

Because these delusional gnostics refused to believe the truth, the glorious coming of the Lord Jesus will be their utter destruction.
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters beloved by the Lord Jesus, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thess 2:12-14
Either you follow Jesus to the Father or you do not. In your case we both know the answer to that for to you His way is gnostic lies.

Back