TRADITIONS ORAL AND SACRED, THE CCC, RCC DOGMAS, CANONS, PAPAL WRITINGS, DECREES, BULLS, EX CATHEDRAL STATEMENTS, AMENDMENTS OR REVISIONS OF THE CCC,

bluedog1us

Are any of these listed above preceded by, "THUS SAYS THE LORD"? If not, then where do they originate and how do you know they are worth the paper on which they are printed?

You could ask that of any authoritative writings that the world relies on. We trust in authoritative teachers by virtue of the continuity and long established foundation built upon. Institutions guard the deposit of knowledge and make a uniform language so that all people can learn from and contribute to the common goals. Did you know for example that the internet was a dream of scientists wanting to share their knowledge and discoveries with each other around the globe for the sake of universal discipline and a uniform language of science.

You could ask that of any authoritative writings that the world relies on. We trust in authoritative teachers by virtue of the continuity and long established foundation built upon. Institutions guard the deposit of knowledge and make a uniform language so that all people can learn from and contribute to the common goals. Did you know for example that the internet was a dream of scientists wanting to share their knowledge and discoveries with each other around the globe for the sake of universal discipline and a uniform language of science.
Scientist and other secular teachers or instutions do not offer advice and commands and demands pertaining to what I must or should believe for my eternal existence. The rcc does. So my question still stands. Are rcc standards or opinions or decrees preceded by: "Thus says the Lord"? If not then why should anyone pay heed to them? For matters of eternal existence, I would think people would want to seek the highest possible authority. For that is the most important matter in a person's life.

So the obvious answer must be a resounding NO, since you refuse to answer the question posed. But that's O K because I would also be ashamed of following a made up religion with no scriptural foundation.

Still waiting...(will any of you rc denomination defenders ever answer this?) And what do people need to be saved/and then to live after they are saved that God failed to include in His Word that the rc denomination provides?

Are any of these listed above preceded by, "THUS SAYS THE LORD"? If not, then where do they originate and how do you know they are worth the paper on which they are printed?
They can not ever tell us when something was revealed to the RCC by God, how it was revealed, who it was revealed to etc. Basics questions that would be answered if it was true.

I mean scripture we know who inspired the writers, who those writers were, approx dates they were written, the historical can be confirmed by other records etc. But crickets about RCC traditions etc.

They can not ever tell us when something was revealed to the RCC by God, how it was revealed, who it was revealed to etc. Basics questions that would be answered if it was true.

I mean scripture we know who inspired the writers, who those writers were, approx dates they were written, the historical can be confirmed by other records etc. But crickets about RCC traditions etc.
Oh they'll be glad to tell you of the Marian apparitions, and all those miracles the "saints" performed. I like the one who performed a miracle several years AFTER he died. One of the poops I think. And the one with Mary in the piece of toast. Maybe all those revelations were when they were digging up the bones of those saints so they could sell some of those pieces of bone as relics. That is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Why must they be preceded by ‘Thus says the Lord’ in order to be believed?

Because if the Lord didn't say it, it is man made and worthless. The Holy Spirit is NOT forgetful in what He wanted to reveal to man. There is a front and back cover to what He had to say!
I asked you about the requirement to add specific words.

Yet you tell bluedog what he must do. So you must be the prophet. But that doesn't answer my question. No surprise. RCs answer the question they wished you had asked and not the one you asked.
Where did I tell bluedog what to do?

Back