Tree of Life

e v e

Hi e v e,

If you were actually sharing biblical truth in the RCC board then I'd imagine that would be helpful to them. If you're over there spouting your own nonsense like what you're saying here then you should be moderated. Your personal opinion about how Seventh-day Adventists should be in the cult section is quite humorous 😅 considering how far away you are from any sort of Christian belief.
if you (per the orthodox view) were orthodox, why would talking to you interfere with evangelism?

anyway i’m relieved and happy not to be orthodox,
as it is astray. take care.

(whether sda is orthodox is not relevant to me).

Last edited:

JonHawk

i’m a soul and don’t claim to be a teacher.

I met Him and i witness what He shows me.

He is the teacher.
That's marvelous that you have been reconciled to God through Christ, otherwise you would be a false witness, with empty words.
Because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience So do not participate in their rebelliousness.

e v e

That's marvelous that you have been reconciled to God through Christ, otherwise you would be a false witness, with empty words.
Because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience So do not participate in their rebelliousness.
thank you kind sir.

He is our only hope. we can rest our case.

e v e

@Icyspark

you asked about a tree and who it is.

we find in ez. 30 the trees crying below.

this is metaphoric language. alike as when souls are referred to as the branch…

"There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, and a Branch [hoter] shall grow out of his roots." isaiah 11

it is also literal in that His souls are in his family. a tree represents a family tree, and a nature.

the trees in eden below, of ez. 30 cry from the oppression of satan, which is constant until the end soon.

The root of the tree is metaphorically God…
Paul in Romans 11:16:
"If the root is holy, so are the branches."

The tree and its branches come from Him and represents His nature, and refers to a literal reality of God and His nature and all His Sons and daughters soon restored to Heaven.

In Isaiah 4:2 Christ is referred to as "the Branch of the Lord"— He is the Son of God, and the passage also refers to Him as "the fruit of the earth."

I hope this reply suffices. There are many more references but if this is not sufficient, more would not be either.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

thank you kind sir.

He is our only hope. we can rest our case.
‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

e v e

JonHawk said:

‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?
I wait expectantly for the day of the Lord…

JonHawk

@Icyspark
"There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, and a Branch [hoter] shall grow out of his roots." isaiah 11
Paul in Romans 11:16: "If the root is holy, so are the branches."

The tree and its branches come from Him and represents His nature, ...and all His Sons and daughters.... In Isaiah 4:2 Christ is referred to as "the Branch of the Lord"— He is the Son of God, and the passage also refers to Him as "the fruit of the earth."
"Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit, And righteousness sprout with it. I, the Lord, have created it." Isaiah 45:8

JonHawk

that refers not to this current world which is Death…

but to eden
So when exactly are you planning on escaping this deathtrap and heading off to eden to have this newness of life?

Among these unbelievers we all once lived governed by the sinful nature [without the Holy Spirit]. We were, by nature, children of wrath, just like the rest [of mankind]. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of our sins, He made us [spiritually] alive together with Christ for by His grace—you have been saved; (Eph 2)

Last edited:

e v e

So when exactly are you planning on escaping this deathtrap and heading off to eden to have this newness of life?

Among these unbelievers we all once lived governed by the sinful nature [without the Holy Spirit]. We were, by nature, children of wrath, just like the rest [of mankind]. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of our sins, He made us [spiritually] alive together with Christ for by His grace—you have been saved; (Eph 2)
you do see that there’s a Change to the imperishable body, when Christ returns upon the clouds… what Paul referred to as the Change?

JonHawk

you do see that there’s a Change to the imperishable body, when Christ returns upon the clouds… what Paul referred to as the Change?
Therefore if you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from the dead], seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value]. For you died [to this world], and your new life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. (Col 3)

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thess)

e v e

Therefore if you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, sharing in His resurrection from the dead], seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value]. For you died [to this world], and your new life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. (Col 3)

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thess)

yes about dying to this world.

we are to die to this world.

always what i have been saying.

He is not from here. He is from above.
this is not His

JonHawk

yes we are to die to this world.
always what i have been saying.

He is not from here. He is from above. this is not His
Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him. (2 Tim 2:11-12)

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous [who are in a right standing with Him]; Psalm 32:11
For the Lord has made known His salvation; He has [openly] revealed His righteous acts in the sight of the nations. Psalm 98:1-3

Icyspark

you asked about a tree and who it is.

we find in ez. 30 the trees crying below.

this is metaphoric language. alike as when souls are referred to as the branch…

it is also literal in that His souls are in his family. a tree represents a family tree, and a nature.

Hi e v e,

Seeing "metaphoric language" in Ezekiel 30 doesn't necessitate that you apply what you see in the 26th book to book number 1 (i.e. Genesis). That's absurd. In post #48 you said:

"The context determines that at some occasions, a tree alludes to a nature. such as the tree of life is much different than the tree of good and evil (which is an actual realm). There is an expression 'by their fruit you will know them.' That doesn't mean the person is a tree. Context tells us what is what. I tend to read scripture literally but I do allow there are archetypes God uses to show us what He means."

You have zero context in Genesis to indicate that the two named trees are actually what you identify as whos. There is no "metaphoric language" used so for you to make such a leap merely indicates a predetermined mindset in which you are predisposed to read into the text something that suits your outcome. This is nonsense and heresy. It's the type of nonsense in which people come up with things like gender fluidity and think they get to decide for themselves whether what gender they are.

There are certainly areas in Scripture which are metaphorical but you don't get to arbitrarily designate something as metaphorical without the "metaphoric language" you've identified as being in certain texts.

the trees in eden below, of ez. 30 cry from the oppression of satan, which is constant until the end soon.

The root of the tree is metaphorically God…
Paul in Romans 11:16:
"If the root is holy, so are the branches."

The tree and its branches come from Him and represents His nature, and refers to a literal reality of God and His nature and all His Sons and daughters soon restored to Heaven.

In Isaiah 4:2 Christ is referred to as "the Branch of the Lord"— He is the Son of God, and the passage also refers to Him as "the fruit of the earth."

I hope this reply suffices. There are many more references but if this is not sufficient, more would not be either.

In the above instances one can see that the language being used is metaphorical. That doesn't mean that all trees or all plants are archetypal. Making such claims reveals more about the person making them than it does about the normative reading of the text.

That said, feel free to show us any sort of metaphorical language in Genesis for how we should come to the conclusion that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a "who" (Although I'm just noticing that you've changed it from a "who" to "an actual realm." so which is it?).

JonHawk

Hi e v e,
That said, feel free to show us any sort of metaphorical language in Genesis for how we should come to the conclusion that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a "who" (Although I'm just noticing that you've changed it from a "who" to "an actual realm." so which is it?).
Everybody knows there was a worm coiled on the branches who sowed doubt.

But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds;