true, living faith

dberrie2020

A faith not accompanied by works of love is not a true, living faith.
If that is true--then works are more than the by-product of a true, living faith, as, as you just testified--it's not even true, living faith without works:

Bonnie said: GOOD works are the outcome, the by-product of a true and living faith.

Bonnie--faith alone theology seems to be a confused doctrine--especially as you describe it.

Comments?

civic

Genuine faith results in good works, the fruit of the Spirit in ones life. Notice the Fruit(singular)begins with LOVE. Its relational read below. God changes our heart through the Holy Spirit who live in us. We are the temple of the Lord and the Spirit of God lives in us through the New Birth- born again. We are New Creations in Christ the old has passed and all things have become new. Once again which harmonizes perfectly with Ephesians 2:8-10. Saved by grace through faith which results in good works which God has prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Galatians 5:22-25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

hope this helps!!!

but somehow I doubt the TRUTH will sink in anytime soon.

dberrie2020

Genuine faith results in good works, the fruit of the Spirit in ones life. Notice the Fruit(singular)begins with LOVE. Its relational read below. God changes our heart through the Holy Spirit who live in us. We are the temple of the Lord and the Spirit of God lives in us through the New Birth- born again. We are New Creations in Christ the old has passed and all things have become new. Once again which harmonizes perfectly with Ephesians 2:8-10. Saved by grace through faith which results in good works which God has prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Galatians 5:22-25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

hope this helps!!!

but somehow I doubt the TRUTH will sink in anytime soon.
I agree with all of that. How are you relating any of that to the OP? What is your point--in relation to the OP?

civic

I agree with all of that. How are you relating any of that to the OP? What is your point--in relation to the OP?
works is the result of a real saving faith, it is not the means to faith and salvation. It is a by product or a result.

civic

So--if works do not result--is it a true, living faith?
1-James says it like this faith without works is dead
2-Paul says it like this we are saved by faith through grace and we are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which God has prepared for us beforehand that we should walk in them.

They are saying the same thing. Real faith produces good work. Its the proof or evidence of a real faith that saves.

hope this helps !!!

dberrie2020

1-James says it like this faith without works is dead
2-Paul says it like this we are saved by faith through grace and we are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which God has prepared for us beforehand that we should walk in them.

They are saying the same thing. Real faith produces good work. Its the proof or evidence of a real faith that saves.
Didn't you say it was works which was the result of true faith?

civic said:
works is the result of a real saving faith, it is not the means to faith and salvation. It is a by product or a result.

So--you are now saying--it's the works which save?

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
If that is true--then works are more than the by-product of a true, living faith, as, as you just testified--it's not even true, living faith without works:

Bonnie--faith alone theology seems to be a confused doctrine--especially as you describe it.

Comments?
God granted faith is a living faith that produces fruit. The unsaved cannot walk in the works God prepared for those that belong to Him...salvation will always precede works.
God doesn‘t save someone and cross His fingers and hope they produce works. He saved them with a living faith that WILL result in fruit.
Seems you feel the need to complicate something that is not complicated at all.

How many works have you done in order to be saved, and have you done enough?

Gary Mac

God granted faith is a living faith that produces fruit. The unsaved cannot walk in the works God prepared for those that belong to Him...salvation will always precede works.
God doesn‘t save someone and cross His fingers and hope they produce works. He saved them with a living faith that WILL result in fruit.

Salvation is the work.

dberrie2020

Hi 4Him:

So--does salvation precede the Holy Ghost or being accepted of God?

Acts 5:31-32---King James Version
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 10:34-35---King James Version
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

So--let's complicate that a little:

Matthew 7:19-21---King James Version
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

How can salvation precede works---when one is cast into the fire without the fruit?
I'll leave that to Christ--as He will be the Judge of all men, and in accordance with works--after death--and that for life or damnation.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Hi 4Him:

So--does salvation precede the Holy Ghost or being accepted of God?

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

So--let's complicate that a little:

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

How can salvation precede works---when one is cast into the fire without the fruit?

I'll leave that to Christ--as He will be the Judge of all men, and in accordance with works--after death--and that for life or damnation.
His sheep are never cast out, so it’s still not complicated.

So you preach salvation by works, but have no clue how many earn your salvation or if you’ve done enough. Got it.

dberrie2020

His sheep are never cast out, so it’s still not complicated.
The scriptures testify it's only those who follow Him--who receive of life:

John 10:27-28--King James Version
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand

That seems to follow this order:

1) Sheep hear voice
2) They follow Him
3) He gives them eternal life

So you preach salvation by works....
And is this the evidence of that?

Gary Mac

Ok whatever you say.
God sustains me in every way.

You do nothing at all to feed your mortal body? And you do noting at all to feed your spirit man?

I agree that God supplies all that I need but as for me I have to apply it, perhaps you dont have to apply Him but I do.