True non canonical prophet

YeshuaFan

Prologue:

AV Mt 25:45-46 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

There are those, who can not discern GOD's Words in others, per Jesus.

I hope you do better in the judgment to come, to understand who are "the righteous".

Yours in Christ, Michael
You agree that she was on par with them then?

SDAchristian

There was N O ongoing Prophets nor prophecy after John died!
AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

Your Catch22 in the Truth: Calling "Lord God Almighty" a liar in the coming seven last plagues, will not help your statement to be true.

Many will ignorantly kill "saints and prophets", maybe some here on CARM too.

You may need to adjust yours opinions on eschatological events in the end of time, to reflect GOD's on going Truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael

YeshuaFan

AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

Your Catch22 in the Truth: Calling "Lord God Almighty" a liar in the coming seven last plagues, will not help your statement to be true.

Many will ignorantly kill "saints and prophets", maybe some here on CARM too.

You may need to adjust yours opinions on eschatological events in the end of time, to reflect GOD's on going Truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael
I reject that Ellen White was a true Prophet!

SDAchristian

You agree that she was on par with them then?
That question has mixed assumptions.

The first is to imply all her words, to that I say No. Just like other prophets in the Bible.

The second is to imply GOD can not use anyone GOD chooses, that is your opinion.

The third is to imply GOD using someone is not of equal in source to GOD using others, that is your opinion, as well.

Please reword your question, to not imply the above.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

I reject that Ellen White was a true Prophet!
AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Your opinion is noted. And in GOD's Free Will Choice to you, go ahead and make that choice.

When the Divine Message given her becomes truth in sight and sound, to eyes and ears, I hope you do better in GOD's Omniscient Judgment !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

Attention Lurkers: The Bible very clearly says, "God has placed IN THE CHURCH ... prophets ..." It also says that Christians are to "eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy." Former Adventists and critics of Adventism deny these clear verities and thus cannot be expected to objectively, honestly and fairly examine anyone who claims to have the gift of prophecy.
Attention Lurkers: There is something else that the Bible clearly says.

For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 ESV

One is able, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to distinguish if a message if of God, or if it is from a spirit of another darker sort.

If, after careful and prayerful study, you decide that a modern prophet is a false one and is not from God, that does not mean that you do not believe that modern prophets can exist.

Formersda

AV Re 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

A hypocrite of GOD's own words, like "Balaam", Yes.

And because Jesus said it in the New Testament, did we learn our lesson from it ???

AV Num 22:27-28 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff. 28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Some see "the angel of the LORD" and some don't. But they smite the other who does, with woeful words, because of their own personal opinions(like "Balaam") in context.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Can you tell us how Joseph Smith is a hypocrite?

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Attention Lurkers: There is something else that the Bible clearly says.
For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 ESV
One is able, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to distinguish if a message if of God, or if it is from a spirit of another darker sort.
If, after careful and prayerful study, you decide that a modern prophet is a false one and is not from God, that does not mean that you do not believe that modern prophets can exist.
What about discerning the spirit of first/sun day worshipers, during the Sunday Law Death decree ???

Who gets to punish with death, the violations/sins only to GOD alone ???

I will say it plainly for thought here: The authority of first/sun day rest/worship is GOD's or man's, to give punishment for ???

AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Will Jesus have the right to keep sabbath still ???

I am not looking forward to cognitive dissonance issues over what is the authority of GOD versus the authority of men.

@Common Tater, Please do not take this personally. These things take place in governments(in the Bible as "beasts") and their laws. Your future objections to these laws, will not matter. What will matter is, your choice of who's authority to place first in your own life, GOD's or man's.

The government of Jesus' time killed Jesus(hint, hint, hint). It will happen again, in a future theocracy !!! Except, those people will be labeled terrorist(to get compliance with the laws of men), going against the government's belief system.

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Heed the Call of GOD !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Prologue:
AV 1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

What about discerning the spirit of first/sun day worshipers, during the Sunday Law Death decree ???

Who gets to punish with death, the violations/sins only to GOD alone ???

I will say it plainly for thought here: The authority of first/sun day rest/worship is GOD's or man's, to give punishment for ???

AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Will Jesus have the right to keep sabbath still ???

I am not looking forward to cognitive dissonance issues over what is the authority of GOD versus the authority of men.

@Common Tater, Please do not take this personally. These things take place in governments(in the Bible as "beasts") and their laws. Your future objections to these laws, will not matter. What will matter is, your choice of who's authority to place first in your own life, GOD's or man's.

The government of Jesus' time killed Jesus(hint, hint, hint). It will happen again, in a future theocracy !!! Except, those people will be labeled terrorist(to get compliance with the laws of men), going against the government's belief system.

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Heed the Call of GOD !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
So no answer then?

SDAchristian

Can you tell us how Joseph Smith is a hypocrite?
Mosiah 18, especially verse 23.

I view "Joseph Smith" as an editorial copyist, using the Bible a textual word source, changing names to avoid the obvious.

You do realize, I had Bible studies with Mormon Elders(and JWs) before(before being on CARM), Right ???

My S-I-L is Mormon. She does not go to his church, and most of the time neither does he.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Please be more specific(Cut-N-Paste with link from source) as what question, you want me to answer, Please ???

I prefer not to be your interpreter of your meaning in reference.

Yours in Christ, Michael
How Joseph Smith is a hypocrite?
A hypocrite of GOD's own words, like "Balaam", Yes.

Formersda

Mosiah 18, especially verse 23.

I view "Joseph Smith" as an editorial copyist, using the Bible a textual word source, changing names to avoid the obvious.

You do realize, I had Bible studies with Mormon Elders(and JWs) before(before being on CARM), Right ???

My S-I-L is Mormon. She does not go to his church, and most of the time neither does he.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Strangely enough I am not a mind reader so therefore no I wouldn’t know all you have said about what you did before you joined CARM and that your sister in law is a Mormon.

Where you a Mormon?

SDAchristian

Strangely enough I am not a mind reader so therefore no I wouldn’t know all you have said about what you did before you joined CARM and that your sister in law is a Mormon.

Where you a Mormon?
Maybe I should have spelled out more.

S-I-L equals Son In Law.

"Where you a Mormon?", No. My Mother was Methodist, I was raise as one.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Still no acknowledgement that the gift of prophecy still exists for "the CHURCH"? Baby steps.

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!

Do you want to be a teacher? Then you need to learn the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You don't get to affirm and deny God's word in the same breath. Either the gift of prophecy remains "in the CHURCH" as Paul says, or as you says, it doesn't. As for me, I'll be going with Paul over your uninspired opinion every time. And if you can't acknowledge something so elementary as this simple truth, why would you expect to jump into deeper waters to explore specific aspects of prophets? If you reject ALL prophets outside the Bible, then there's no reason to to reason with you on this subject.
If you think that prophets did not stop after the New Testiment was written, please furnish us with a full list of prophets from the 1st Century till now.
Also if this has not ceased will there be another prophet in the SDA church? If so how do we know it’s a true prophet?
For your claim that prophets have not ceased please proved a straight line on continuous prophets.
At least the Mormon church keeps the prophet office open as they have a continuous prophetic line.
Will there be another SDA prophet?

YeshuaFan

That question has mixed assumptions.

The first is to imply all her words, to that I say No. Just like other prophets in the Bible.

The second is to imply GOD can not use anyone GOD chooses, that is your opinion.

The third is to imply GOD using someone is not of equal in source to GOD using others, that is your opinion, as well.

Please reword your question, to not imply the above.

Yours in Christ, Michael
was she infallible in her theology and doctrines, so whatever she stated on what the bible teaches the sda must all agree with her period?

YeshuaFan

If you think that prophets did not stop after the New Testiment was written, please furnish us with a full list of prophets from the 1st Century till now.
Also if this has not ceased will there be another prophet in the SDA church? If so how do we know it’s a true prophet?
For your claim that prophets have not ceased please proved a straight line on continuous prophets.
At least the Mormon church keeps the prophet office open as they have a continuous prophetic line.
God closed the revelation line with John and book of revelation!
We KNOW EW is not of God, as she taught contary to the word of God!

Icyspark

You continue to reveal a serious lack of biblical knowledge and discernment. The gift of prophecy is not given out in a predetermined linear path à la Mormonism or Catholicism. One prophet is not generally replaced by another prophet. In fact there's only one place in the Bible where that happened. So there's one example for you of something Mormons and Catholics do which is not biblically approved (i.e. appointing a new prophet to replace a dead or dying one. And yes I know, technically Catholics don't call their leader a prophet, but he speaks with as much or greater authority as a prophet).

Are you familiar with what the prophet Amos had to say about this?

Amos 8:11-13
“The time is surely coming,” says the Sovereign Lord, “when I will send a famine on the land—not a famine of bread or water but of hearing the words of the Lord. People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from border to border searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it. Beautiful girls and strong young men will grow faint in that day, thirsting for the Lord’s word.
God, through His servant Amos, predicted that there would be a famine "of hearing the words of the Lord." Your premise is invalid. It is made up in the sparks of your imagination. This continues to illustrate my point. You don't/won't accept the word of God as it reads. 👇

The Bible very clearly says, "God has placed IN THE CHURCH ... prophets ..." It also says that Christians are to "eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy." Former Adventists and critics of Adventism deny these clear verities and thus cannot be expected to objectively, honestly and fairly examine anyone who claims to have the gift of prophecy.

Your denial of these clear verses implicates you just as I said. There is no reason to provide you with a list when you cannot acknowledge something so abundantly obvious as these two texts. Just read your rebuttal. It's all rhetoric and personal opinion. Not even the slightest appeal to biblical authority. And no. I still do not accept your finite, personal opinion over the inspired word of Paul.

Here's your opportunity to address the above two texts. At what point did Paul's clear acknowledgement that "God has placed IN THE CHURCH ... prophets" become negated? Where your biblical authorization for cancelling Paul's affirmative. Where's the biblical counterpart to Paul's admonition to "eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy"?

ATTN. ONLURKERS: I can guarantee that neither of my last two questions will be answered in any sort of biblical manner. Former Adventists and critics of Adventism mock and deride Adventists claiming we rely on an extra biblical source of authority (i.e. Ellen White). Yet I never appeal to White to make a defense of any biblical doctrine and I've not seen any other Adventist on this forum who does that. The critics are the ones who elevate their own opinions above a plain, "Thus saith the Lord." They are the ones who are denigrating the Word of God by their rejections and denials of simple and plainly communicated ideas. This is why people become "former Adventists." They place a higher value on their own ideas than on what the Bible teaches.

I pray this helps.

Formersda

Still no acknowledgement that the gift of prophecy still exists for "the CHURCH"? Baby steps.

In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!

Do you want to be a teacher? Then you need to learn the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You don't get to affirm and deny God's word in the same breath. Either the gift of prophecy remains "in the CHURCH" as Paul says, or as you says, it doesn't. As for me, I'll be going with Paul over your uninspired opinion every time. And if you can't acknowledge something so elementary as this simple truth, why would you expect to jump into deeper waters to explore specific aspects of prophets? If you reject ALL prophets outside the Bible, then there's no reason to to reason with you on this subject.
EGW stated in her letter 1901 in counsels on diet and eggs.
“But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this.”

EGW has been dead for 106 years now God did not reveal anything to her that the use of eggs, milk, butter and cream where no longer safe to use, therefore, there must be another prophet who will come along and reveal when it’s not safe.
Is GC the next prophet? Here is Ted Wilson’s endorsement of the handbook of discipleship
Under the leading of the Holy Spirit, this important Discipleship Handbook, adding to the many wonderful resources produced by the church, will help fulfill God’s great commission to ‘Go . . . and make disciples’ (Matthew 28:19).“

- Ted N. C. Wilson, President, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists

Thats quite a strong statement to say under the leadership of the Holy Spirit