Trump posts that he is 2nd greatest to Jesus.

Then I foil them.
??? How so?
That was a bit like when the Ford turned the Lincoln Town Car into a Granada or the Mustang into a Pinto. Ford survived, so will the Republican Party.
I hope not! Both Partys are completely corrupted. I wish more people would realize…

WE DONT NEED THEM!!!
I must confess that I have at least some generational guilt respecting Bob Dole.
When he was a lowly congressman my father gerrymandered Hutchinson Kansas out of his congressional district, which kept him alive long enough to run for senate. The Republican who ended up with Hutchinson and his congressional district was not strong enough to carry that heavily Democratic town, and his career ended. So I may owe some reparations for that one.
Ah the good old days! Nostalgia is nice, but not very helpful considering our current situation. You do understand this no longer the party of your parents?
If 2016 was any indication voters at least get some say.
Considering the actions that came after, I would say they’ve done everything in their power to thwart our mandate.
Well… They could take a master class from the Democrats. If they have their way the entire Republican electorate would be in jail by November. We've made a start but changing a party around it takes more than one election cycle. It probably takes three or four.
Yeah, where have we heard that logic before? Wait until next election? It’s bs! I don’t buy it anymore.
I don't especially support the Republican establishment.
Do you give them money?
To the extent that they advocate policies I agree with I support that.
Actions speak louder than words.
But strictly speaking I'm not gonna be entirely satisfied until we go back to the contract with America and get a positive vote on the one thing that was not voted out of the House, which was term limits for Congress.
Ha! Don’t hold your breath, my friend.

In politics we're never gonna get a "no evil" party.
Understood. But!!! We can have “no party” politics.
We've gotta do the best we can to hold the parties accountable. Term limits for Congress would be an excellent start. I'm hoping this convention of states movement reaches critical mass so that we can make the constitution work the way the founders intended. Perhaps as part and parcel of that adjustment we can swing the power back toward the electorate and keep it from accumulating in Washington cesspools.
#StarveThePartys

Stop giving them money! THAT!!!… will get their attention.

??? How so?
I didn't give them money.
I hope not!
Both of those happened in the late 70s.
Both Partys are completely corrupted. I wish more people would realize…
Parties are necessary. The last time a party succeeded from the ground up was the Republican Party. It's easier to change a party than it is to start one.
WE DONT NEED THEM!!!
In a government with divided power, the only thing that works to affect change is coalitions, and those are better effectuated threw parties than anything else that I can see in our system.
Ah the good old days! Nostalgia is nice, but not very helpful considering our current situation. You do understand this no longer the party of your parents?
I'm not really waxing nostalgic, as it turns out Bob Dole essentially proved to be a political cipher.
Considering the actions that came after, I would say they’ve done everything in their power to thwart our mandate.
That's true but we can't abandon the things that goddess is far as we have gotten. The America first agenda is firmly ensconced in the minds of the American electorate and they are prepared to battle for it election cycle after election cycle. This is hardly the time to throw up our hands and give up.
Yeah, where have we heard that logic before? Wait until next election? It’s bs! I don’t buy it anymore.
That's not exactly the argument that I made. There's a common thread that started in the tea party movement and it is projecting through the America first movement but it is in the nature of our politics that you can't just flip a switch. The Marxist have been very patient they've been working on this blight that we are all suffering through for 100 years here in the United States. Think we should be very reticent about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Do you give them money?
I do not. That's why I said above "I foil them."
Actions speak louder than words.
And I am pleased with what has happened on the Supreme Court.
Ha! Don’t hold your breath, my friend.
We've got to, number one, start getting people to talk like term limits for Congress is a possibility. The insanity of Democrat legislators who are seriously talking about putting term limits on Supreme Court Justices, refusing to consider term limits for Congress, when we already have term limits for the president, is absolutely insane. We need to be shouting that from the rooftops every day, louder and louder until somebody pays attention.
Understood. But!!! We can have “no party” politics.
Theoretically I suppose. I'd like to see a robust discussion of how that may have worked in the past and could be duplicated in the future. It's not immediately obvious to me that as a practical matter it would work.
#StarveThePartys

Stop giving them money! THAT!!!… will get their attention.
Okay then I suppose I'm already doing my part.

Parties are necessary.
I disagree. I think that’s just something we’re conditioned to believe. If the Partys no longer represent the People, they are no longer necessary. IMO
The last time a party succeeded from the ground up was the Republican Party. It's easier to change a party than it is to start one.
Actually, the Republican Party ended long ago. It’s technically the “Republican Democrat” Party, which is oddly appropriate.
In a government with divided power, the only thing that works to affect change is coalitions, and those are better effectuated threw parties than anything else that I can see in our system.
Another seemingly conditioned statement. One cannot affect change when under control of the party rule.

That's true but we can't abandon the things that got us as far as we have gotten.
We’ve gotten pretty far, alright! On a runaway train, heading in the wrong direction, with the bottom about to fall out.

Define insanity.
The America first agenda is firmly ensconced in the minds of the American electorate and they are prepared to battle for it election cycle after election cycle. This is hardly the time to throw up our hands and give up.
I’m not giving up. I’m breaking out of the construct they’ve set up for us. The elections are rigged by DHS. Unless someone does something about that, we’re just playing pretend.
That's not exactly the argument that I made. There's a common thread that started in the tea party movement and it is projecting through the America first movement
Yes and it leads us to rejecting the status quo as a logical conclusion.
but it is in the nature of our politics that you can't just flip a switch. The Marxist have been very patient they've been working on this blight that we are all suffering through for 100 years here in the United States. Think we should be very reticent about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
I understand your sentiments, but we are reaching a precipice. Somethings got to give. We, as a People, need to start self governing and stop looking to these charlatans to govern over us.
I do not. That's why I said above "I foil them."
Except now, they get funded with our tax dollars too. It’s not like anyone’s going to stop them from taking it.
And I am pleased with what has happened on the Supreme Court.
Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch.
We've got to, number one, start getting people to talk like term limits for Congress is a possibility.
How many years have we been talking about this? Why hasn’t it been done already?
The insanity of Democrat legislators who are seriously talking about putting term limits on Supreme Court Justices, refusing to consider term limits for Congress, when we already have term limits for the president, is absolutely insane.
Its a great divisive topic routinely used by each party, when politically expedient. But let’s be real. To implement term limits will eliminate their positions of power and a crap ton of money flow. The temptations of the status quo, for them, are just too great to give up.

Theoretically I suppose. I'd like to see a robust discussion of how that may have worked in the past and could be duplicated in the future. It's not immediately obvious to me that as a practical matter it would work.
I’d like to see a robust discussion on it too. Unfortunately, most of us are trapped in platos cave, right now. Afraid to step out into the light.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think that’s just something we’re conditioned to believe. If the Partys no longer represent the People, they are no longer necessary. IMO

Actually, the Republican Party ended long ago. It’s technically the “Republican Democrat” Party, which is oddly appropriate.

Another seemingly conditioned statement. One cannot affect change when under control of the party rule.

We’ve gotten pretty far, alright! On a runaway train, heading in the wrong direction, with the bottom about to fall out.

Define insanity.

I’m not giving up. I’m breaking out of the construct they’ve set up for us. The elections are rigged by DHS. Unless someone does something about that, we’re just playing pretend.

Yes and it leads us to rejecting the status quo as a logical conclusion.

I understand your sentiments, but we are reaching a precipice. Somethings got to give. We, as a People, need to start self governing and stop looking to these charlatans to govern over us.

Except now, they get funded with our tax dollars too. It’s not like anyone’s going to stop them from taking it.

Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch.

How many years have we been talking about this? Why hasn’t it been done already?

Its a great divisive topic routinely used by each party, when politically expedient. But let’s be real. To implement term limits will eliminate their positions of power and a crap ton of money flow. The temptations of the status quo, for them, are just too great to give up.

I’d like to see a robust discussion on it too. Unfortunately, most of us are trapped in platos cave, right now. Afraid to step out into the light.
Hmmmm, food for thought.

Back