Trump's Refusal to Concede; is He Guilty of Something?

bigthinker

Trump's refusal to concede and to refusal to allow transition process to commence are consistent with someone trying to hide something.
Imagine yourself in a position in which you had an enormous ego but had performed incompetently and maybe even illegally but had not yet been caught. And suppose for whatever amicable reason, you were being replaced and needed to train your replacement. If doing so would expose your incompetence or possible nefarious activities, wouldn't you drag it out in hopes the decision would be reversed?

I'm not saying Trump is guilty of anything, I'm saying he's acting exactly as if he's guilty of something.

Temujin

Trump's refusal to concede and to refusal to allow transition process to commence are consistent with someone trying to hide something.
Imagine yourself in a position in which you had an enormous ego but had performed incompetently and maybe even illegally but had not yet been caught. And suppose for whatever amicable reason, you were being replaced and needed to train your replacement. If doing so would expose your incompetence or possible nefarious activities, wouldn't you drag it out in hopes the decision would be reversed?

I'm not saying Trump is guilty of anything, I'm saying he's acting exactly as if he's guilty of something.
Firstly, he is raising money frome dupes, pretending it will be spent on law cases which are quietly being dropped.

Then he is keeping pressure on Fox News so that when he takes over News Max he takes his dupes with him.

Thirdly, there is a real jeopardy from cases in New York, both financial and sexual assault. The more he can create an atmosphere of paranoia, the more his dupes will be fooled into thinking there is a witch hunt against him and see him as a martyr.

bigthinker

Firstly, he is raising money frome dupes, pretending it will be spent on law cases which are quietly being dropped.

Then he is keeping pressure on Fox News so that when he takes over News Max he takes his dupes with him.

Thirdly, there is a real jeopardy from cases in New York, both financial and sexual assault. The more he can create an atmosphere of paranoia, the more his dupes will be fooled into thinking there is a witch hunt against him and see him as a martyr.
Good point regarding Fox News/NewsMax.
Its time to re-read Shermer's "Why People Believe Weird Things"
And Sagan's "The Demon Haunted World". Probably ought to by extra copies of the latter just to give away to the literate.

Ignatius

No. Only an idiot would suggest it.

Temujin

Of course there is also the fact that when Biden controls the IRS, Trump's tax returns are released.

bigthinker

No. Only an idiot would suggest it.
Why is that?
Trump has a shady past, is chummy with enemies of democracy... he's lying about fraud. He was happy when the media "called" it in 2016 but some how, in the last four years seems to have forgotten how elections work. Trump is an idiot.

Theo1689

Let's see.. Hillary still hasn't conceded the 2016 election.
Is SHE "guilty" of anything?

Let's see... Stacey Abrams STILL hasn't conceded the Atlanta election.

Harris told Biden to NEVER under any circumstances concede the election.
Is HE "guilty" of anything? Is SHE?!

ZERO electoral votes have been cast for the 2020 election.
So why do you expect Trump to "concede" an election he hasn't lost?

Imagine yourself in a position in which you had an enormous ego

You mean like Joe Biden, or Barack Obama, or Kamala Harris?

but had performed incompetently and maybe even illegally

A shred of evidence would be nice.
Dem's have been making false accusations against Trump for four years, and they've all come to nothing. It's time for you to stop listening to "The boy who cried, 'wolf!' "

And suppose for whatever amicable reason, you were being replaced and needed to train your replacement.

Trump hasn't been "replaced" yet.
Are you unaware of the States that are recounting votes?
Are you unaware of all the court cases that need deciding?

If doing so would expose your incompetence or possible nefarious activities,

Please document this alleged "incompetence".
Please document these hypothetical (and speculative) "nefarious activities".

Are you talking about Biden sexually molesting Tara Reade, by any chance?
Are you talking about Kamala sleeping her way to success in politics, or sending Blacks to prison for marijuana, while she enjoys smoking weed herself?

wouldn't you drag it out in hopes the decision would be reversed?

It seems clear to me that Trump won more than enough votes to have won the election.
Don't you think it's reasonable to hold out, and not "concede" an election you didn't lose? I mean, wasn't that Hillary's attitude? Wasn't that Abrams' attitude?

If Biden truly won, then why are the Dem's so afraid to confirm the vote count and be confident in a valid winner?

So if your argument is true, then Hillary and Abrams and Biden and Kamala are LIKEWISE "acting like they are guilty of something".

Good to know.... ;)

bigthinker

Let's see.. Hillary still hasn't conceded the 2016 election.

Let's see... Stacey Abrams STILL hasn't conceded the Atlanta election.

Harris told Biden to NEVER under any circumstances concede the election.
Is HE "guilty" of anything? Is SHE?!

ZERO electoral votes have been cast for the 2020 election.
So why do you expect Trump to "concede" an election he hasn't lost?

You mean like Joe Biden, or Barack Obama, or Kamala Harris?

A shred of evidence would be nice.
Dem's have been making false accusations against Trump for four years, and they've all come to nothing. It's time for you to stop listening to "The boy who cried, 'wolf!' "

Trump hasn't been "replaced" yet.
Are you unaware of the States that are recounting votes?
Are you unaware of all the court cases that need deciding?

Please document this alleged "incompetence".
Please document these hypothetical (and speculative) "nefarious activities".

Are you talking about Biden sexually molesting Tara Reade, by any chance?
Are you talking about Kamala sleeping her way to success in politics, or sending Blacks to prison for marijuana, while she enjoys smoking weed herself?

It seems clear to me that Trump won more than enough votes to have won the election.
Don't you think it's reasonable to hold out, and not "concede" an election you didn't lose? I mean, wasn't that Hillary's attitude? Wasn't that Abrams' attitude?

If Biden truly won, then why are the Dem's so afraid to confirm the vote count and be confident in a valid winner?

So if your argument is true, then Hillary and Abrams and Biden and Kamala are LIKEWISE "acting like they are guilty of something".

Good to know.... ;)
So... Do you think Trump has anything to hide or not?
I'm guessing you don't.
Reality check: Trump lost. He lost because he didn't get enough votes in enough states to get the necessary electoral college votes.
An character attack on Biden or Harris is going to be difficult considering Trump. Tara Read -really? How amateur.

Perhaps it is as simple as Trump having a narcissistic personality disorder.

"They tend to seek excessive admiration and attention and have difficulty tolerating criticism or defeat."

bigthinker

Perhaps it is as simple as Trump having a narcissistic personality disorder.

"They tend to seek excessive admiration and attention and have difficulty tolerating criticism or defeat."

Quite possible.

Electric Skeptic

He is, but he's also acting exactly as if he is sufficiently meglomaniacal to refuse to ever admit that he lost, and couldn't care less how much he screws up America.

bigthinker

He is, but he's also acting exactly as if he is sufficiently meglomaniacal to refuse to ever admit that he lost, and couldn't care less how much he screws up America.
Ah, excellent answer.
Just because he's acting as if he has something to hide it doesn't mean he does. Just as there may not be anything unusual in his tax documents even though reluctance/refusal to provide them is reason to question.

Ignatius

Why is that?
Trump has a shady past, is chummy with enemies of democracy... he's lying about fraud. He was happy when the media "called" it in 2016 but some how, in the last four years seems to have forgotten how elections work. Trump is an idiot.
So are you so what? You asked a question and I answered it. You don't like it. Go cry go your mommy

Theo1689

You need to stop reading websites that lie to you. See here for her concession speech.
You need to stop reading websites that lie to you.
There are PLENTY of clips of her questioning the election AFTER her "concession speech".

Making obvious errors like this only means we mistrust the other parts of what you posted.

Making obvious errors like this only means WE mistrust the other parts of what YOU posted.

Theo1689

She still conceded, Theo, and she did it before the election was certified.

She had reason to.
Trump doesn't have reason to, yet.
You are free to disagree.

You are not free to demonize Presidents, or entire political parties, simply because you disagree with them.

rossum

You need to stop reading websites that lie to you.
There are PLENTY of clips of her questioning the election AFTER her "concession speech".

Making obvious errors like this only means WE mistrust the other parts of what YOU posted.
You claimed she hadn't conceded. She had. She was unhappy about losing, sure, but she did concede.

Telling obvious lies does not help your case.

Theo1689

You claimed she hadn't conceded. She had. She was unhappy about losing, sure, but she did concede.

I'm sorry, but I don't care what comes out of her mouth. The fact that she continued FOREVER to claim she was President simply means that SHE was the one who "lied" in her "concession speech". I'm sorry if you don't understand that.

Telling obvious lies does not help your case.

Exactly. YOU telling obvious lies does not help YOUR case.