Truth?

Mikey1967

When a well-packaged web of lies have been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

Do you agree? How do you relate this?

Yakuda

When a well-packaged web of lies have been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

What specifically are.youbreferring to?

CrowCross

In some cases it doesn't take generations....considering the packaged lies CNN and the others have fed everyone.

Currently they are working on this generation with the cancel culture project.

Algernon

When I suggested that you post this on this forum from the other thread, I was thinking that you were going to post the following as it helps put the OP in perspective:
My point is, they believe and adhere to the lie, and when anyone speaks truth that infringes on the lie that they believe, they attack them, label them and deny what scripture is provided because their foundation is on the lie and everything they do or believe is birthed from that foundation. This is a very dangerous deception because that foundation is often made on the misuse of scripture. So since the scripture is used, the lie is easily believable.

My response to the above was the following:
As an advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus, I have found the above to be applicable to Christians in general with it being directly proportional to the level of fundamentalism. The higher the level of fundamentalism, the higher the applicability.

Mikey1967

This is a theological forum. One would assume that it would be understood from a theological standpoint. I purposely left it vague to solicit what it meant to the reader.

Algernon

This is a theological forum. One would assume that it would be understood from a theological standpoint. I purposely left it vague to solicit what it meant to the reader.
Perhaps you should consider that it need be meaty enough to elicit responses.

Mikey1967

Perhaps you should consider that if you were to do so, it might elicit more responses. Or is it too revealing?
Undoubtedly it would elicit more but it would be based more on what that statement relates to me and based more on the subject matter that I steered the conversation rather than the person reading it.

Algernon

Undoubtedly it would elicit more but it would be based more on what that statement relates to me and based more on the subject matter that I steered the conversation rather than the person reading it.
Good luck on finding what you're seeking.

In my experience it's a real rarity to find a Christian who seeks truth. Not sure I've come across any. Many with an aversion if not hatred of truth, as much as they'd all loathe to admit it.

John 18
37 ...For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.

John 12
36 While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light.

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.

Matthew 6
23“But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

Last edited:

Arch Stanton

I'll play.... the many denominations all thinking they have 'the truth'.

Arch [katholikos]

Arch Stanton

Interesting comment. Would you mind elaborating more?
sure... though I am trying to be careful not to cause a riot ;)

Truth seems to be what most people are comfortable with... Some will only go by what is 'in the bible' and disregard 'truth' from outside sources. Some have preconceived notions of 'truth' based on a bias etc.

Did I just muddy it up even more? :unsure:

Mikey1967

Truth seems to be what most people are comfortable with... Some will only go by what is 'in the bible' and disregard 'truth' from outside sources. Some have preconceived notions of 'truth' based on a bias etc.
Based on the underlined, is it your position that there is "truth" that contradicts the bible? If so, would you mind elaborating on that?

Do you believe there is an absolute truth?

Did I just muddy it up even more? :unsure:
Absolutely not. I appreciate your answers.