Truth?

Arch Stanton

I hate labels but.. Christian, Non-denominational, bible.

Forgive me but I am not sure I understand your confusion.
No problem, it is probably me... I read it a few times and don't know what/how to respond. Are you speaking of one's own 'truths'? Sorry

Mikey1967

No problem, it is probably me... I read it a few times and don't know what/how to respond. Are you speaking of one's own 'truths'? Sorry
Not exactly. Let me try to be a little more clear.
The original OP: When a well-packaged web of lies have been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.
I will finish posting shortly, lost what I had written and need to rewrite

Last edited:

Mikey1967

Apologies, I got busy.
Not exactly. Let me try to be a little more clear.

I will finish posting shortly, lost what I had written and need to rewrite
When a well-packaged web of lies have been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.
I guess my question revolves around real Truth, we know Scripture to be this, and that it has to be absolute Truth. There cannot be relative truth or is it really truth then? So how can we have so many who claim to be of Christ and to believe Him yet deny Scriptural truth. How do we reach those who reject truth yet still claim to be His? Especially those who reject truth and then attack those who walk in it.

Arch Stanton

Apologies, I got busy.

I guess my question revolves around real Truth, we know Scripture to be this, and that it has to be absolute Truth. There cannot be relative truth or is it really truth then? So how can we have so many who claim to be of Christ and to believe Him yet deny Scriptural truth. How do we reach those who reject truth yet still claim to be His? Especially those who reject truth and then attack those who walk in it.
Just got your message today...not sure why I didn't get a notification alert. Do you have a specific example of scripture that is being rejected? And by whom? Thanks

Mikey1967

Just got your message today...not sure why I didn't get a notification alert. Do you have a specific example of scripture that is being rejected? And by whom? Thanks
Sure, Mark 16:15-18 and just an example.. but maybe it would be better by subject.

Example:
Tongues
Baptism of the Holy Spirit
Healings
Just as a start...

SteveB

When a well-packaged web of lies have been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.

Do you agree? How do you relate this?
Sounds pretty much like what Paul describes in 1 Cor. 1:18-29, and 2 Thessalonians 2.