Trying a New Tea

Janice Bower

As soon as it cools down, I'll be trying a tea my daughter gave me in a basket of goodies for Christmas: flavored black tea with lavender and vanilla.

Well, it barely tastes different than plain black tea. I like it. Has anyone else tried it? :coffee: I already ate the Linzer cookies that were in the basket. I wish I had saved a few.

As soon as it cools down, I'll be trying a tea my daughter gave me in a basket of goodies for Christmas: flavored black tea with lavender and vanilla.

Well, it barely tastes different than plain black tea. I like it. Has anyone else tried it? :coffee: I already ate the Linzer cookies that were in the basket. I wish I had saved a few.
Oh I missed this. I love gift baskets and trying new things. One of my daugters brought around new gluten free, sugar free biscuits to try. They were yum. Some flavoured teas I find over powering and others are nice. I have not had that mix but it sounds like it might be nice.

Oh I missed this. I love gift baskets and trying new things. One of my daugters brought around new gluten free, sugar free biscuits to try. They were yum. Some flavoured teas I find over powering and others are nice. I have not had that mix but it sounds like it might be nice.
I have never been a fan of flavored teas. I rarely drink hot tea, but love iced tea.

Did you mean daughters-in-law?

I don't need gluten free anything, but I have tried gluten-free crackers and they are actually quite good. They had toasted sesame seeds on them, which I love.

I have never been a fan of flavored teas. I rarely drink hot tea, but love iced tea.

I don't need gluten free anything, but I have tried gluten-free crackers and they are actually quite good. They had toasted sesame seeds on them, which I love.
Yes I did mean DILs but I think of them as daughters. I find ice tea too sweet. Some gluten free things are really yummy.

Yes I did mean DILs but I think of them as daughters. I find ice tea too sweet. Some gluten free things are really yummy.
Unsweetened ice tea isn't sweet, but down South, sweetened tea in restaurants is the norm, but it is like drinking maple syrup on ice, as Dr. Phil has joked. I always get unsweetened ice tea and sweeten it myself. :)

It didn't taste like flavored tea. I learned to drink unsweetened ice tea because I have type 2 diabetes. My husband and I both got sick from artificial sweeeteners (every time). I prefer iced tea; I love it! You might say I'm a "sugarholic." Give me cookies or cake or anything sweet and I'll eat it until its gone.

Bonnie, I found your hiding place! I wondered where you were.

It might interest you and balshan to know that I took instructioon in the RCC for a short time, but the chaplain's assistant got fresh with me and I never went back. I've toured Italy and went to the Vatican, too. I had a rosary and crucifix.

Bonnie, I found your hiding place! I wondered where you were.

It might interest you and balshan to know that I took instructioon in the RCC for a short time, but the chaplain's assistant got fresh with me and I never went back. I've toured Italy and went to the Vatican, too. I had a rosary and crucifix.
It is a shame that the RCC is seen as the spokesperson for all things Christians. I never went back to a doctor who when I was young, kept telling me what he would like to do to me. He was an RC doctor. Not the cure for the depression I was suffering. I have never been to Italy, but I would have loved it when I was younger.

It is a shame that the RCC is seen as the spokesperson for all things Christians. I never went back to a doctor who when I was young, kept telling me what he would like to do to me. He was an RC doctor. Not the cure for the depression I was suffering. I have never been to Italy, but I would have loved it when I was younger.
Well, it's a beautiful country, the architecture is gorgeous, Bernini's fountains were everywhere, the Isle of Capri and the mediterranean were gorgeous, Pompeii was fascinating, etc. And I'm a pasta lover though I've given up on tomatoes and peppers.

Back