Tu quoque defence

balshan

I am so surprised by the RCs constantly justifying their evil leaders with look over their defence. It proves nothing other than it is not the one true church, it certainly shows it is not the pillar and foundation of truth and morals. It is just the same as everyone else. The real church is not the same at all. It is a light.

Why do they constantly do it? There is no bible verse that says it is an acceptable defence of evil behaviour.

I am so surprised by the RCs constantly justifying their evil leaders with look over their defence. It proves nothing other than it is not the one true church, it certainly shows it is not the pillar and foundation of truth and morals. It is just the same as everyone else. The real church is not the same at all. It is a light.

Why do they constantly do it? There is no bible verse that says it is an acceptable defence of evil behaviour.
Here is the tu quoque defense:

Matthew 7:3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
Really, you do not understand that verse at all. That would mean RCs should clean up their act before pointing over there.

So you think that verse is saying you can't call out immoral behavior within the church?

Can you provide the official Catholic interpretation of those verses please?

Who's defending the evil?

Who's defending the evil?
RCs do all the time when they say look over there they do it to, then they use the tares verse or the Judas verse as well. That is an attempt at cover up and defending evil. It is exactly what evil relies on, so that it can flourish. Otherwise why else go look over there.

The only problem is look over there never claims what the RCC claims about itself. If it is what it claims to be there would be no need for a defence at all.

RCs do all the time when they say look over there they do it to, then they use the tares verse or the Judas verse as well. That is an attempt at cover up and defending evil. It is exactly what evil relies on, so that it can flourish. Otherwise why else go look over there.

The only problem is look over there never claims what the RCC claims about itself. If it is what it claims to be there would be no need for a defence at all.
It's basically someone who should be better than others saying, "They [whoever 'they' happen to be] are just as bad as I am!" It's the childish whine of, "But ma, everyone is doing it!"
If an orgy-nization is not going to be holier (more God-like) than the world, then they'd best not trumpet their holiness. At all. Or even the world will see their hypocrisy and laugh at them.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

It's basically someone who should be better than others saying, "They [whoever 'they' happen to be] are just as bad as I am!" It's the childish whine of, "But ma, everyone is doing it!"
If an orgy-nization is not going to be holier (more God-like) than the world, then they'd best not trumpet their holiness. At all. Or even the world will see their hypocrisy and laugh at them.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
excellent point, but they seem to blind to see it.

excellent point, but they seem to blind to see it.
They want – very strongly – to see the RCC as what it proclaims itself to be. As Simon and Garfunkel sang, "A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest / Looking only for the best." Thus they reject and discard anything and everything that does not match their idealized view of the RCC. ?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

If your Church isn't sinless, then your argument is hypocritical.
No it isn't because what RCs miss and what makes them hypocritical is their claim that their institution is the real thing. Yet its actions prove it isn't. If it was the real thing then it would be better. How blind are RCs to that truth. The real thing would be a light, it would be different as day is to night to the world and over there.

What is worse is the Royal Commission here into all institutions proved your institution was worse than over there. That is just wrong and proves RCs claims false.

They want – very strongly – to see the RCC as what it proclaims itself to be. As Simon and Garfunkel sang, "A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest / Looking only for the best." Thus they reject and discard anything and everything that does not match their idealized view of the RCC. ?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
I really enjoy Simon and Garfunkel.

Back