Turn off email notices

SteveB

Hi.
Apparently I've set in motion a series of email notifications that are now bombarding my email.

Once this happens, is there a way that I can turn off receiving notifications?

I have gone into the "control panel", and turned off emails.
But they're still coming. Most of them are from before I turned them off.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Hi.
Apparently I've set in motion a series of email notifications that are now bombarding my email.

Once this happens, is there a way that I can turn off receiving notifications?

I have gone into the "control panel", and turned off emails.
But they're still coming. Most of them are from before I turned them off.
You can edit email notifications in your “preferences” settings.

SteveB

You can edit email notifications in your “preferences” settings.
I have.
Emails are turned off, and only alerts are turned on. I was going to provide a screenshot, but apparently those aren't working yet either.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
I have.
Emails are turned off, and only alerts are turned on. I was going to provide a screenshot, but apparently those aren't working yet either.
Not sure then. I turned mine off and the emails stopped.

Temujin

I have.
Check that you have saved the changes. I have been caught out like this. After setting your preferences you need to scroll to the bottom of the page and save.

SteveB

OK. It worked for me.
Yeah, I'm not saying that it's not working at all....
It's not working for me.
That's why I posted this op.
I wanted to know if I could turn off email notices AFTER I'd started an op, or posted on someone else's op.

Sherman

It appears to have worked for me. I have made a number of posts and received replies and the emails stopped.

Beloved Daughter

I have.

Steven, 4Him is correct. You can fix this under your preferences. There are 3 categories. Under Content Options, look at each box. There are several that say 'and email notifications' Make sure you uncheck these particular boxes. Then, save.

God Speed

Sherman

Okay I checked my mail this morning - I am still getting email notices of replies to threads, even though I have them unchecked.

SteveB

Okay I checked my mail this morning - I am still getting email notices of replies to threads, even though I have them unchecked.
thank you!!!!

Still can't post screenshots.....
All my email settings are off.
The ONLY thing I have checked is automatically watch content I create, content I interact with, show people's signatures, show my online status, and current activity.
All else is unchecked.

SteveB

Steven, 4Him is correct. You can fix this under your preferences. There are 3 categories. Under Content Options, look at each box. There are several that say 'and email notifications' Make sure you uncheck these particular boxes. Then, save.

God Speed
This isn't a matter of whether or not I believe what 4 is saying.
This is something that is just taking place, with all my email settings turned off.

Sherman

I have everything concerning email unchecked. I am still getting E-mail. There something in the system that isn't working.