Twilight Wisdom

HA! And not only that, but I once asked LHA how God should go about stopping people from keeping their seats on a bus - Teleporting? And he said, sure, why not. So my point in the OP remains. YOU SCREWED UP! You speculated erroneously.
So that is the best you have? Previously you said:

"Once he even said a good God would make a young man give up his seat on a bus to a pregnant lady by teleporting him off the bus."

Now you have to admit that he never actually said that, that it was your idea, your words.

Because he did. And so did the person to whom I was speaking that you DID find. DOUBLE SCCREWUP on your part.
But you cannot provide any evidence of that. And in fact had to admit that it was you who suggested it in the first place.

Because he did. See above.
See above, where you just assert it without any support?

Prove it, hotshot.
You prove it. You brought it up. You are claiming he said it.

You cannot, can you? You made it up. Just like you did with the OP when you claim he said "if God were really loving, he woulda prevented all unpleasantries". That was not true; you made it up and you got caught, and now you are desperate to change the discussion to deflect from that, rather than swallowing your pride and admitting it.

Same old same old.

Not interested in whether you are interested. Fulfill your task, boy! Here it is again:

You are completely incapable of pointing out two very important things:

1. The threshold in terms of degree of unpleasantness for which YOU would allow the God whom you believe doesn't exist to allow. You have always ducked answering these check lists in the past, but let's see if you duck it again. Which of these do you demand that God disallow? Oh, and for every yes answer, provide a divine method of disallowing:

a. runny nose
b. cancer
d. measles
e. paper cuts
f. skinned knees
g. slight sore throat
h. hangnail
i. constipation
j. heartburn
k. insomnia
l. losing a chess match

2. Who appointed YOU the THRESHOLD CZAR?
What is your point, stiggy?

Are you saying that if I cannot do it, then it must follow that God cannot? I mean, thanks for the ego boost, I guess, but I suspect your fellow Christians would say that God is more intelligent than me, not to say omnipotent, so my failure here tells us nothing about whether or not God is up to the task.

What I can tell you is that letting kids die a long painful death from cancer when you could readily prevent that is morally wrong, and is the antithesis of loving. That is true no matter which of the above should be disallowed and no matter whether I personally can decide which of the above should be disallowed.

To answer you second question, as far as I can tell it was YOU who appointed my THRESHOLD CZAR, for reasons that I really cannot fathom. YOU are the one who keeps insisting I provide you with this threshold, when I have expressed my reluctyance to do so several times. All I can tell you for sure is that childhood cancer is well beyond that threshold, wherever it is.

Previously you said:

"Once he even said a good God would make a young man give up his seat on a bus to a pregnant lady by teleporting him off the bus."

Correct. Good copy/paste skills. Let's look again at what I had previously said:

Now you have to admit that he never actually said that,

Nope. He did indeed say that. Let's read it again:

In fact, unlike YOU, he did not duck my threshold survey and had enough balls to say yes to not only the bus scenario, but to shoplifting, cheating at cards, etc I asked him how a good God should thwart such things, by teleporting? He approved of that technique.​
But you cannot provide any evidence of that.

My memory is enough evidence for ME. For you, though? I don't give damn.

You prove it.

YOU claim I made it up. Prove it, Bluster boy.

Prove YOU can prove that every memory YOU have is not made up. Can't do it, can ya?

Are you saying that if I cannot do it, then it must follow that God cannot?

Prove I'm saying something that stupid.

......your fellow Christians would say that God is more intelligent than me,

But then again, so is Lloyd Christmas.

What I can tell you is that letting kids die a long painful death from cancer when you could readily prevent that is morally wrong,

What about letting kids fall off bikes? Losing at Monopoly? Knowing their pet dog died? Do you require a good God to make dogs immortal?

I realize you don't have the guts to answer my threshold survey, so let's try this:

Do you require a good god to prevent ALL causes of any type of suffering whatsoever, or just some of them?

YOU are the one who keeps insisting I provide you with this threshold, when I have expressed my reluctyance to do so several times.

Because you can't. Failure duly noted.

YOU claim I made it up. Prove it, Bluster boy.
In your OP, you claimed LHA said "if God were really loving, he woulda prevented all unpleasantries". There is no post on CARM where he said that, and anyone doinf a search for "unpleasantries" can confirm that.

You may claim you can remember him saying that before the forum crashed, but I do not believe you. I think the evidence is clear - you made it up.

Prove I'm saying something that stupid.
If you are not, then what is your point? What is the purpose of your inane list of unpleasantries?

That fact that you choose not to say tells me it is at least that stupid.

What about letting kids fall off bikes? Losing at Monopoly? Knowing their pet dog died? Do you require a good God to make dogs immortal?
What about them? How does that impact the issue of kids dying of cancer? It does not.

God, if he exists, chooses to let children die of cancer. Every three minutes, stiggy.

Can you explain the relevance of losing at Monopoly to that? Of course not.

I realize you don't have the guts to answer my threshold survey, so let's try this:

Do you require a good god to prevent ALL causes of any type of suffering whatsoever, or just some of them?
Me? Are you appointed me the THRESHOLD CZAR, stiggy?

If you say you are, then I will try to answer your question. But until you do, I am not the THRESHOLD CZAR, no one has appointed me the THRESHOLD CZAR, so I will just say that I do not know.

But I do know that letting children die a long painful death, at the rate of one every three minutes, when you can easily stop it is morally wrong.

Because you can't. Failure duly noted.
So what? What does that failure prove, stiggy? Can you actually explain what your point is? Of course not, because you have none.

In your OP, you claimed LHA said "if God were really loving, he woulda prevented all unpleasantries".

Correct. I said that. Let's see it again:

In my OP, I claimed LHA said "if God were really loving, he woulda prevented all unpleasantries"

There is no post on CARM where he said that

Prove it. Prove LHA didn't type something to that effect either in his thousands of extant posts or even verbatim prior to October 2020..

You are splattering egg all over your face a usual.

and anyone doinf a search for "unpleasantries" can confirm that.

In fact, unlike YOU, he did not duck my threshold survey and had enough balls to say yes to not only the bus scenario, but to shoplifting, cheating at cards, etc I asked him how a good God should thwart such things, by teleporting? He approved of that technique.

You may claim you can remember him saying that before the forum crashed, but I do not believe you.

Big deal. If I can live with your ignorant disbelief in God, I can certainly live with your ignorant disbelief in that.

I think the evidence is clear

WHOOPS! You forgot to supply the "evidence."

If you are not, then what is your point? What is the purpose of your inane list of unpleasantries?

To point out your impotence at answering. Mission accomplished. But let me give you yet ANOTHER shot at it. This time I'll add to your choices:

The threshold in terms of degree of unpleasantness for which YOU would allow the God whom you believe doesn't exist to allow. You have always ducked answering these check lists in the past, but let's see if you duck it again. Which of these do you demand that God disallow? Oh, and for every yes answer, provide a divine method of disallowing:

a. runny nose
b. cancer
d. measles
e. paper cuts
f. skinned knees

g. slight sore throat
h. hangnail
i. constipation
j. heartburn
k. insomnia
l. losing a chess match
m. knowing your dg died.

SO: Do you require a good God to make dogs immortal? After all, their deaths cause human suffering.

Back