Two Questions: If you can lose your salvation, then...

CharismaticLady

What?!
That's ridiculous!

Why not say the "condition" is that he happens to have blue eyes?
Why not say the "condition" is that he's left-handed?
Why not say the "condition" is that he has brown hair?
Why not say the "condition" is that he's six feet tall?

I guess there are a LOT of "conditions", right?
Or maybe NONE of those were "conditions" for the gift.

Maybe one man chose to give a gift to another.
And the fact that he's left-handed is simply irrelevant.
And the fact that he's six feet tall is simply irrelevant.
And the fact that he's his son is simply irrelevant.

If you had commented on the Scriptures, meaning you actually read them, you could have seen the condition about God and His children. I'll give you another chance.

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Children receive from their Father, not outsiders.

34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Theo1689

If you had commented on the Scriptures, meaning you actually read them, you could have seen the condition about God and His children. I'll give you another chance.

You have just demonstrated that you don't understand the Scriptures.
And your comment about "I'll give you another chance" just earned you a top spot in my "Ignore" list.

Goodbye!

CharismaticLady

That is a perfect example of someone who lets his pastor do his studying for him. 1 John 3:21-22 is a scripture that no pastor teaches on, because people would stop giving money for their empire, and because most people that go to church seldom receive answers to prayer, or say the answer was "No" when if the condition was met they would have received what they prayed for. A humble person would have wanted to know the hidden truth. For the last 43 years, every prayer has been answered, because I receive rhemas, and repeat them in prayer, and within minutes, the answer is received.

Last edited:

armylngst

"Lose" is not entirely accurate. "Fail" will be more accurate.

The same argument could be made that if Grace is always irresistible then how can it be resisted? Yet, we know the Scriptures.

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God

It is my observation that most Calvinist will not engage unless you accept their terminology.
If we fail, then God failed. Jude 24-25. We are not the author of our own salvation. We did not begin a good work within ourselves. The Bible is clear that it is Jesus/God who began a good work in us, and it clearly states that He will be faithful to complete it. So, if we fail, then God is unfaithful. Do you truly believe God is unfaithful? Irresistible grace means that those God has chosen for salvation will be saved, and will not fail to be saved.

Hebrews 12:12-17 "12 Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed. 14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled; 16 that no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal. 17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears."

So...what is the therefore there for? Don't remove a verse from context. This section is dealing with the discipline of God.