Ukraine Nazi Azov Batallion Surrenders Mariupol Steel Plant

India has good relations with both Russia and NATO countries, and it is still a member of the British Commonwealth.

In Europe each country has its state-owned media, and even private media frequently receive government subsidies.

In addition, European countries do not have a First Amendment, and they have been more aggressive with outlawing dissent. The governments also work with big tech to censor Russian media.

The CIA is chartered for surveillance and influencing in foreign countries. The idea that it is doing that in Europe should be not surprise. The fact that meddling in US politics is the violation of the original mission.

In addition, MI6 and other surveillance agencies in Europe work closely with their US counterparts. If you doubt that consider that some of the same players that brought the Russia collusion hoax back in 2016 are used as sources for western media about Russia and Ukraine now.

I don't care what the CIA is or isnt doing. The notion that it is controlling all western journalists is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the suggestion that Russian journalism is free and objective.

I don't care what the CIA is or isnt doing. The notion that it is controlling all western journalists is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as the suggestion that Russian journalism is free and objective.
Yes, there are a few independent journalists and news sources in the US and western countries. The same is true in Russia.

The intel agencies don't care about a lot of things, and their interests generally align with those of the media oligarchs. They don't have to control every story.

On the other hand, they have a big interest in controlling the narratives about Ukraine and Russia. The $40 billion aid package with no accountability is a huge payday for them and their allies. There are huge vested interests in funneling more billions to arms merchants and clandestine operations.

My experience is that Russian propaganda frequently contains lies of omission; they simply ignore things that make Russia look bad. On the other hand, the message coming from Kiev and Washington contain blatant fictions. They create stories based on video game clips or clips of actors. They have mind readers come up with stories about what Putin is thinking while ignoring public statements.

Both sides are putting out propaganda. I generally trust Ukrainian and Russian reports where they admit a set back, but when one side reports a victory there needs to be a lot skepticism. That is especially true for the Ukrainian side given their history of creating fictional narratives.

Back