Unconditional election unto damnation.

Howie

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 7:17 - If any man will do his will,he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 1:12 - But as many as received him,to them gave he power to becomethe sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice , and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and hewith me.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that Good hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 10:10 - For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Unchecked Copy Box
Act 17:30 - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent:
Thank you for posting scripture supporting Reformed / Calvinist belief.

Leatherneck0311

Thank you for posting scripture supporting Reformed / Calvinist belief.
Nope not even close I guess you missed John 2:12 says for as many as received him NOT as many who were elected. 1:12 also says even to those that believe. Romans 10:9 says if you will believe NOT that you were elected. Acts 17:30 says God commands men everywhere to repent and believe again no election. I would call that a complete fail for Calvinism, which it is.

G

guest1

Nope not even close I guess you missed John 2:12 says for as many as received him NOT as many who were elected. 1:12 also says even to those that believe. Romans 10:9 says if you will believe NOT that you were elected. Acts 17:30 says God commands men everywhere to repent and believe again no election. I would call that a complete fail for Calvinism, which it is.
Yes all Arminian(biblical) verses that are irrefutable showing as many as believe/receive and whosoever believes will be saved resulting in the new birth/regeneration which follows and becomes a child of God/salvation.

Leatherneck0311

Yes all Arminian(biblical) verses that are irrefutable showing as many as believe/receive and whosoever believes will be saved resulting in the new birth/regeneration which follows and becomes a child of God/salvation.
I don’t label verses Arminian /Calvinistic The verses teaches a truth that transcends labels IMO.

Howie

Nope not even close I guess you missed John 2:12 says for as many as received him NOT as many who were elected.
V13: who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

1:12 also says even to those that believe. Romans 10:9 says if you will believe NOT that you were elected.
Men do not believe on their own. Faith / belief is granted by God to some men , but not to all men (Php 1:29).

Acts 17:30 says God commands men everywhere to repent and believe again no election.
Men do not repent on their own. Repentance is granted to some men, but not to all men (2 Tim 2:24-26).
I would call that a complete fail for Calvinism, which it is.
That's because you ignorantly believe the stereotypes, caricatures and straw men regarding Calvinists. Calvinists are Christians. Christians are called to love one another.

1 Jn 3:10 says the one who does not love his brother is not of God.

I suggest you get with the program, Jarhead, and begin loving your Christian brothers, right now. Because currently, your attitude is identifying you as being not of God, but of Satan. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Howie

Verses in scripture are God's verses, not Arminian verses, nor Calvin's verses.

Leatherneck0311

V13: who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Men do not believe on their own. Faith / belief is granted by God to some men , but not to all men (Php 1:29).

Men do not repent on their own. Repentance is granted to some men, but not to all men (2 Tim 2:24-26).

That's because you ignorantly believe the stereotypes, caricatures and straw men regarding Calvinists. Calvinists are Christians. Christians are called to love one another.

1 Jn 3:10 says the one who does not love his brother is not of God.

I suggest you get with the program, Jarhead, and begin loving your Christian brothers, right now. Because currently, your attitude is identifying you as being not of God, but of Satan. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
Your beliefs make the scriptures contradict themselves. That is not honoring God’s word that honors mens beliefs that make the scriptures contradict themselves. V13 fits perfectly with V.12 which says, for as many as received Him and to those who have believed .Didn’t God command men everywhere to repent and believe ? Of course men do not believe on their own, no one said they did, those who are saved were drawn to the Son by the Father, but what you are ignoring is that some accept the truth and many reject the truth it is in scripture. If I didn’t love folks I would not share God’s word and show them the truth of scripture. Un-like Calvinist who have twisted scripture to make God responsible for mens rebellion, disobedience , and rejection of of the gospel that Jesus died to provide to the lost. I would believe Calvinism has done much harm to the gospel that Jesus died to provide. Jesus sad if you are tired and weary come and learn of me. Jesus provides hope along with salvation not Calvinist who pervert the very gospel Jesus died to provide.

Howie

Your beliefs make the scriptures contradict themselves. That is not honoring God’s word that honors mens beliefs that make the scriptures contradict themselves. V13 fits perfectly with V.12 which says, for as many as received Him and to those who have believed .Didn’t God command men everywhere to repent and believe ? Of course men do not believe on their own, no one said they did, those who are saved were drawn to the Son by the Father, but what you are ignoring is that some accept the truth and many reject the truth it is in scripture. If zi didn’t love folks I would not share God’s word and show them the truth of scripture. Un-like Calvinist who have twisted scripture to make God responsible for mens rebellion, disobedience , and rejection of of the gospel that Jesus died to provide to the lost. I would believe Calvinism has done much harm to the gospel by Calvinist . Jesus sad if you are tired and weary come and learn of me. Jesus provides hope along with salvation not Calvinist who pervert the very gospel Jesus died to provide.
Your absence of love for your Christian brothers identifies you as one one who is not of God (1 Jn 3:10).

Repent of your sin, or YOU WILL PERISH.

Leatherneck0311

Your absence of love for your Christian brothers identifies you as one one who is not of God (1 Jn 3:10).
You might want to look in the mirror you just described yourself. You are actually saying accept my scriptural errors are you are hateful. I’ll pass on compromising scripture to make you fell loved. I would prefer you dislike me for telling you the truth than like me for lying to you.

JonHawk

When Adam fell, we all fell, being in Adam. God did not have to do one thing to damn all of mankind, as that damnation was an already reality. But for Him to save them, He had to do something, elect them. So, election has to do with God choosing them....
You did not choose me, but I chose you. I appointed you to produce fruit that lasts [forever]. John 15:16
“and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.” (Act 13:48)
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5:11

Leatherneck0311

You did not choose me, but I chose you. I appointed you to produce fruit that lasts [forever]. John 15:16

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5:11
Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 5:10 - He that believes on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:he that believes not God hath made him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. There is no election mentioned in 1John 5:10 . God does NOT believe for us and as the verse says he that believes as opposed to he who believes not. Context is important. Who is Jesus talking to ?
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 15:27 - And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Last edited:

JonHawk

SovereignGrace said:
When Adam fell, we all fell, being in Adam. God did not have to do one thing to damn all of mankind, as that damnation was an already reality. But for Him to save them, He had to do something, elect them. So, election has to do with God choosing them....
Sketo said:
Unchecked Copy Box
1Jo 5:10 - He that believes on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:he that believes not God hath made him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. There is no election mentioned in 1John 5:10 . God does NOT believe for us and as the verse says he that believes as opposed to he who believes not.
For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Rom 3:3-4

They were destined to stumble because they did not believe in the word [in Christ]. 1 Peter 2:8

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Whoever believes in Him [who alone can save] is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already;

Last edited:

Leatherneck0311

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Rom 3:3-4

They were destined to stumble because they did not believe in the word [in Christ]. 1 Peter 2:8

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Whoever believes in Him [who alone can save] is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already;
They stumbled because they did NOT believe they weren’t destined to stumble.

JonHawk

SovereignGrace said:
Sketo said:
Leatherneck0311 said:
Unchecked Copy Box

1Jo 5:10 - He that believes on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:he that believes not God hath made him a liar; because he believes not the record that God gave of his Son. There is no election mentioned in 1John 5:10 . God does NOT believe for us and as the verse says he that believes as opposed to he who believes not.

They stumbled because they did NOT believe they weren’t not destined to stumble.
‘Make sure that you present to Me at the appointed time My offering, as an aroma pleasing to Me.’ Num 28:2

Indeed to the [unbeliever] we are an aroma of death to death: but to [believers] the aroma of everlasting life.

Last edited:

Leatherneck0311

‘Make sure that you present to Me at the appointed time my offering, as an aroma pleasing to Me.’ Num 28:2

Indeed to the [unbeliever] we are an aroma of death to death: but to [believers] the aroma of everlasting life.
Acts 16:31 the jailer asked Paul what must I do to be saved Paul told the jailer he must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. No mention of election by Paul. John 3:16 for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life. No mention of election by Jesus. Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. No mention of election.

JonHawk

SovereignGrace said:
Sketo said:
Leatherneck0311 said:
Unchecked Copy Box

Leatherneck0311 said:
They stumbled because they did NOT believe they weren’t not destined to stumble.
‘Make sure that you present to Me at the appointed time My offering, as an aroma pleasing to Me.’ Num 28:2

Acts 16:31 the jailer asked Paul what must I do to be saved Paul told the jailer he must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved. No mention of election by Paul. John 3:16 for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life. No mention of election by Jesus. Rev 22:17 - And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. No mention of election.
Make sure of your calling and election. Then you will never stumble and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:10-11

Leatherneck0311

Make sure of your calling and election. Then you will never stumble and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:10-11
Question: if election is what makes salvation true wouldn’t that make Jesus, John ,Paul and others liars ? Whosoever believes is whoever places their faith in Jesus not even close to what Calvinist believe. God does not believe for us there is no scripture to support that. God does not repent for us no verse to support that. God does not place belief in us for Jesus there is no verse to support that.

Last edited:

Beloved Daughter

Let me widen your horizons. Acts 13:48

Acts 13:48
King James Version

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Obviously you have a problem.