Unconditional election unto damnation.

Not so. I gave information and you ignored it.
Again, regarding your post under discussion, I'm asking for you to clarify what you said, so I can respond to it.

Is that request too challenging for you? If so, say so, and I'll drop the request.

You do this when a conversation become challenging to you. Which is why I don't often respond to you. I wouldn't have this time of your "sister" hadn't referenced your comments.
Ok.

Some believe that they are 'In Christ' as the result of their making a choice in exerting their will to choose when hearing the Gospel.
I have asked these folks, if faith/believing is something that they do.
Many respond saying yes-it is something I did. Then I point to these verses.

5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we did in righteousness, but in accordance with His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He richly poured out upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Some believe that they are 'In Christ' as the result of their making a choice in exerting their will to choose when hearing the Gospel.
I have asked these folks, if faith/believing is something that they do.
Many respond saying yes-it is something I did. Then I point to these verses.

5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we did in righteousness, but in accordance with His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He richly poured out upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
If you wish to identify the part faith/belief plays in salvation, why do you quote a verse that does not speak about faith?

According to Paul, faith is not a work.
Because Paul correctly recognized faith as a gift of God (Eph. 2:8, Phil. 1:29, Rom. 12:3, 1 Cor. 4:7).
But you don't understand faith in the same way Paul does.
You make faith a work, because it's not God-given faith, it's a self-generated "decision" faith.
The faith that saves, in that context refers to entrusting yourself to God, in that context it is definately something you do, as it would not make sense to say that God entrusted you to Himself.

The faith that saves, in that context refers to entrusting yourself to God, in that context it is definately something you do, as it would not make sense to say that God entrusted you to Himself.

Well, you continue to build your theology on what YOU think "makes sense".
And I'll continue to build my theology on what the BIBLE teaches.

Well, you continue to build your theology on what YOU think "makes sense".
And I'll continue to build my theology on what the BIBLE teaches.
surely you don't really mean to claim that you reject what makes sense to you in God's Word?
When I say I study God's Word to find out what makes sense, and you denigrate that approach, it makes me wonder why.

surely you don't really mean to claim that you reject what makes sense to you in God's Word?

What I object to is people like you rejecting what is in God's word based on your personal opinion of what you think "makes sense" to you personally.

When I say I study God's Word to find out what makes sense, and you denigrate that approach, it makes me wonder why.

Oh, I see... So you think it's okay to reject God's word when you personally think it "doesn't make sense" in your personal opinion?

Why do you keep changing what i say to you and pretend I have said something you know full well i never said.

I don't "know full well" that you said anything different from what I responded to.
Do NOT presume to tell me what I "know".
It's rude.
You do NOT "know" what I know.

YOU talked about rejecting Biblical truths based on "common sense".
Now you're changing the goal-posts.
I don't appreciate that.

I thought this was a Christian site where people would have open honest discussions about the Word

We Calvinists try, but the Arminians keep posting, and we can't control their behaviour.

I don't "know full well" that you said anything different from what I responded to.
Do NOT presume to tell me what I "know".
It's rude.
You do NOT "know" what I know.

YOU talked about rejecting Biblical truths based on "common sense".
Now you're changing the goal-posts.
I don't appreciate that.

We Calvinists try, but the Arminians keep posting, and we can't control their behaviour.
I never said a word about rejecting any Biblical truth. What causes you to make such statements?

Are you saying that if I think your interpretation is wrong, then I and rejecting the Bible?

Are you saying that you can summarily dismiss any Biblical truth by simply labelling it mere "wrong interpretation"?

Must be a nice privilege, certainly one I don't get.
I get labelled derogatory labels, and "hateful", if I disagree with people's "interpretations".

That’s the correlation
Honestly, I can understand that approach to an extent, because if I am absolutely certain about a point of doctrine, and someone rejects it, I feel they are rejecting scripture. Something like a person denying Jesus is God.
But I was thinking this was a site dedicated to wrangling about what scripture means and in that case, differences of opinion should be considered and treated as possibilities until they are not

Back