Understanding Scripture

FYI again Gary, You have a reading comprehension problem! my GOD ( not god as you wrongfully said again ) is a TRINITY composed of THREE Divine Persons called Father, WORD/Son , & Holy Spirit as so listed in these scriptures ( 1 John 5:7 & Matt.28:19 ) and each of those three Divine Persons can be called God ( Not god or GOD - Trinity ), as per John 1:1, Acts 5:3-4 & Heb.1:8 )! Here's 1 John 5:7 once again AS IS Gary ---------------

1 John 5:7​

New King James Version​

7 For there are three ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 Gary ) that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one ( GOD or TRINITY ).
----------------------------- Yes the God the WORD of John 1:1 is the Son ( Jesus Christ ) mentioned in John 5:7 because John 1:14 tells us that God the Word of John 1:1 became " Flesh " ( incarnate - God the Word in the Flesh ) as the God-man then called Jesus Christ! So read it CORRECTLY this time Gary and stop calling the Son ( Jesus Christ) " a god " like the JW's do because He is God ( Just like the Father & Holy Spirit are ) and not a god! Case closed!
Thats what I said your gods are persons. Read your own replies.
The God Jesus obeyed and prayed to and said sent him to lead you to his God he called Father is a Spirit. Something obviously you haven't been exposed to. See Matt 3:16 this is how God does it in all men, it is by My Spirit says the Lord. The Lord Jesus obeyed and prayed to.

Same One that I do the same.

Awesome OP! I like what John says:

John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

The absolute inability of man to save himself from his sin and its condemnation is a constant theme throughout the Scriptures. And only Jesus was able to accomplish that. Therefore it's definitely all about Jesus!

The central message of the OT is that God created men and women for a relationship with Himself. But our sin separated us from God. So God promised to come Himself to redeem His fallen creatures and make it possible for us to be reconciled to Him. God promised that a divine Savior would come to earth and reveal God’s glory to us.
Didnt Paul write "Christ Jesus, though he was on the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped"?

Actually it is about you and who are you in the Father from cover to cover.
Fail.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:16
For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Revelation 22:20-21
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

From beginning to end, it is about Jesus.

Psalm 102:18
This will be written for the generation to come, That a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Written for us, bout NOT written about us. Literally from beginning to end.
If the Eternal Son is not the focus of your studies then you are not understanding the Bible.
100% correct. But can we edit that to be a little more clear and a little less confrontational?

If whatever we read in scripture is not understood that the whole of scripture is, from it's opening verse to its closing verse, about Christ and Christ resurrected and ascended then enormous error is made understanding the prevailing context of every verse and that will cause problems with any study of scripture's revelation to us. From that one error may others ensue.

Bad premises lead to bad thinking. Bad thinking leads to bad conclusions. Bad conclusions lead to bad doctrine and bad practice.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

No one.

No other foundation.

Thats what I said your gods are persons. Read your own replies.
The God Jesus obeyed and prayed to and said sent him to lead you to his God he called Father is a Spirit. Something obviously you haven't been exposed to. See Matt 3:16 this is how God does it in all men, it is by My Spirit says the Lord. The Lord Jesus obeyed and prayed to.

Same One that I do the same.
Well I said my GOD is ( Father, Word/Son, & Holy Spirit as per 1 John 5:7 & Matt.28:19 in conjunction with John 1:1+14 ; Acts 5:3-4 ; and Hebrews 1:6+8 )! Thus you still have a reading comprehension problem because I have no gods ( as you wrongfully said ), but one GOD ( TRINITY - 3 in one - Father, Word/Son & Holy Spirit as per 1 John 5:7 & Matt.28:19 )! Then those 3 in one are in FACT called " God " ( not god { non-deity } or GOD { Trinity } ) individually in John 1:1 ; Acts 5:3-4 ; and Heb.1:8! Jesus is Both God & Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8! Thus as Man ( his human nature - See Philippians 2:6-8 Gary ) he obeyed and prayed and said sent him, was God His Father! Now as God the former Word of John 1:1, Gary, He ( the resurrected Jesus Christ - God-Man - seated at His Father's right hand side on GOD's { TRINITY } throne ) sent God the Holy Spirit ( as per John 16:7, Gary - read it - Jesus sent that counselor - the Holy Spirit ) in Acts chapter two, Gary - to permanently dwell in all born again ( Saved people, Gary ) people's temples/bodies as per 1 Cor.6:19! Thus Gary still remains 100% rebuked by these posted scriptures as per GOD's say so in 2 Tim.3:16 that God the Holy Spirit inspired the Apostle Paul to write as GOD's scripture! Case closed Gary! So you're the one with a counterfeit Jesus ( just a man or a god ) as both you & JW's say he is! The Real Jesus Christ is both fully God and Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:6+8! I pray to the one GOD ( TRINITY ) in Jesus' name, Amen!

Jesus is God.

Any other strawmen today ?

You should stop identifying your self as a Christian and identify yourself for what you are, a non christian. All Christians affirm Jesus is God, non christians like yourself deny Him and have a false christ.

next...................
He sounds a bit heretical

Gentlemen (and ladies),

Let me encourage everyone to keep the posts about the posts and not the posters. Most of us know what we're reading in this op. We all know how this will end (which is why I encouraged a brief time be spent on this thread) and we all know the kind of fruit it will bear. We all also know one of the base rules in cyberforums is: Do Not Feed the Trolls. It's best to note the truth, warn the unsuspecting, and then not provide further attention to any ideologue who would insinuate your faith and eternal disposition are in question.

Fail.

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:16
For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Revelation 22:20-21
He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.

From beginning to end, it is about Jesus.

Psalm 102:18
This will be written for the generation to come, That a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Written for us, bout NOT written about us. Literally from beginning to end.

100% correct. But can we edit that to be a little more clear and a little less confrontational?

If whatever we read in scripture is not understood that the whole of scripture is, from it's opening verse to its closing verse, about Christ and Christ resurrected and ascended then enormous error is made understanding the prevailing context of every verse and that will cause problems with any study of scripture's revelation to us. From that one error may others ensue.

Bad premises lead to bad thinking. Bad thinking leads to bad conclusions. Bad conclusions lead to bad doctrine and bad practice.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

No one.

No other foundation.
The error comes when people do not see Him as He is. But when one does see Him as He is, the One they have been waiting for for thousands of years, ye shall be like Him. The one these seek is actually at their door knocking this day and anyone who lets Him in He will come to and sup with you and be in you.

These who wait for the Christ to come are looking in the wrong place, for the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you, Luke17:20-21, but not very many believe Jesus in that do they? They seek another to come someday which never has happened and never will.

Christ is Gods anointing and either He be in you to anoint you as He did Jesus in Matt 3:16, or He has not come to you. But that is your choice for His choice is He will come to those who will. And these has not figured out yet that God is a Spirit and not a man but resides in man just as He was Jesus, Adam, became like Him, Abraham, Moses, 120, and in all today who has received His coming no different at all.

He sounds a bit heretical
Yes he does for God is a Spirit and not a man at all. These just haven't met the One who is a Spirit, the One who came to Jesus by His Spirit and opens up who He is and all of His heaven to Jesus. This is the One they do not know from lack in received the same from the same as Jesus did.

One cant know God at all without Him manifest in you as He was manifest in Jesus, Abraham, Moses, 120, and us all the same no different at all.

All these know about a god is what they have read about him from others but never has met the one Jesus met.

And when these finally see Him as He is, if they ever break away from those religious minds and see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him as well as Jesus was. like Him. 1 John 3.

So yes to worship a man as a god instead of the God who was in that man and that man prayed to his God and obeyed his God is very heretical. These has formed their own gods.

Gentlemen (and ladies),

Let me encourage everyone to keep the posts about the posts and not the posters. Most of us know what we're reading in this op. We all know how this will end (which is why I encouraged a brief time be spent on this thread) and we all know the kind of fruit it will bear. We all also know one of the base rules in cyberforums is: Do Not Feed the Trolls. It's best to note the truth, warn the unsuspecting, and then not provide further attention to any ideologue who would insinuate your faith and eternal disposition are in question.
Yes these try all the time to sway me to their gods but myself having the same One in me Jesus had in himself cannot turn me from His ways to be like them instead of like Him. He in me and I inHim as one. John 17.

Yes he does for God is a Spirit and not a man at all. These just haven't met the One who is a Spirit, the One who came to Jesus by His Spirit and opens up who He is and all of His heaven to Jesus. This is the One they do not know from lack in received the same from the same as Jesus did.

One cant know God at all without Him manifest in you as He was manifest in Jesus, Abraham, Moses, 120, and us all the same no different at all.

All these know about a god is what they have read about him from others but never has met the one Jesus met.

And when these finally see Him as He is, if they ever break away from those religious minds and see Him as He is, ye shall be like Him as well as Jesus was. like Him. 1 John 3.

So yes to worship a man as a god instead of the God who was in that man and that man prayed to his God and obeyed his God is very heretical. These has formed their own gods.
edit per mod

Last edited by a moderator:
The error comes when people do not see Him as He is.
No, the error occurs when a person wrongly assumes people do not see him as he is and then posts that error as an insinuation of others in the body of Christ. That has always been the error and it will never stop being the error as long as these ops persist.

No, the error occurs when a person wrongly assumes people do not see him as he is and then posts that error as an insinuation of others in the body of Christ. That has always been the error and it will never stop being the error as long as these ops persist.
It isn't hard to see by ones testimony if they are like Him or not as He demands of us. Perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

And when you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. Read 1 John 3. The error comes when you have not seen Him and is not like Him nor perfect as your Father on heaven is perfect as He commands of us if we are to be of Him.

If you are not perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect and do not walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following -- then you might as well not read the book at all for you make your own edits for it.

If the Eternal Son is not the focus of your studies then you are not understanding the Bible. Its all about Jesus from cover to cover and Jesus taught us that very thing as we read below !

The Bible is Christocentric. If you do not see this then you are missing everything about the Bible and most importantly the Only One who can save you from your sins. Missing Jesus is missing life eternal. The focus of Scripture is Him. He is Life, in Him is Life, He is Eternal Life, He is the Source and Fountain of Life. Living waters flow from Him.

Jesus said the OT was about Himself, not the Father.

You certainly didn't think too hard about that one.

Luke 24:25-27
And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 " Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

John 5:39-40
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:44-45
Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Yes the OT prophesied about the future Messiah.

That doesn't amount to "Jesus said the OT was about Himself, not the Father" does it?

My business? If you dont like correspondence then why post?
To tell you I don't like it because the eternal disposition of others is none of our business and when you place yourself in a position to be the eternal judge of another's eternal position you undermine your own position of Christlikeness!

You're not God.

Stop acting like you are.

You certainly didn't think too hard about that one.

Yes the OT prophesied about the future Messiah.

That doesn't amount to "Jesus said the OT was about Himself, not the Father" does it?
The whole book is about us and who we are or are not in the Father of int. Jesus was no exception, it was about him as well.

Obvious is most here try and imitate Jesus instead of having the reality of God manifest in them as He was manifest in Jesus for it is His way that we be like Him and in His same image as Jesus was.

You can’t imitate the Christ either you are of Christ and like Him or you are not

So, are you try-ing to contradict John 1:1+14 Gary? Those verses tell us that the WORD " was God " ( Spirit ) and then became " FLESH " as the God-Man then called Jesus Christ! So He was God ( Spirit ) and then became God in the Flesh ( no longer just a Spirit called the WORD, Gary )! Case closed!

And unless you are born again you are operating in the flesh . So it’s impossible to be like Christ unless His spirit ( the spirit of God/Christ) dwells in you.
I know, but it is impossible for a religious mind to hear Jesus let alone God to have His same mind,. or Spirit it is called.

And Christ in you means you anointed of God to have His same mind. Jesus was anointed of God the same.

Back