United States of China...coming soon.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
I have. The notion that the proposal in the OP will turn the US into China is ridiculous.

It will not turn the US into China.
So you're ok with the idea of a limit on the number of children you can have (like China does) and a mandatory vasectomy at age 40? It's a yes or no question.

Electric Skeptic

So you're ok with the idea of a limit on the number of children you can have (like China does) and a mandatory vasectomy at age 40? It's a yes or no question.
It's not a question at all. Putting a question mark at the end of a declaration does not make it a question.

Electric Skeptic

I think a better question should be, do you think the government should control reproduction of humans in any way?
That's a valid question, and a good one. It also brings abortion rights into the question.

It's a difficult one to answer, for me. You may know that I'm strongly for abortion rights, on the grounds that the woman has the right to determine what happens in, to and with her body. But I am also of the opinion that we - globally - need to reduce the number of children we are having to below an average of one per person. I do not know how we can do that without some sort of government control.

But I doubt very much that a sufficient number of people would agree to it.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a question at all. Putting a question mark at the end of a declaration does not make it a question.

Wrong....I asked you a specific question.....are you ok with the idea of a limit on the number of children you can have (like China does) and a mandatory vasectomy at age 40? A simple yes or no will suffice.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Quite false.

The question to ask is should the government protect the life and liberty of babies.

Off topic....this is about limiting the number of children one can have and mandating vasectomies at the age of 40.