United States of China...coming soon.

Thistle

Of course things will go back to normal. There is no reason at all to doomsay that we're becoming China.
You're going to imperiously hold the coats of those who are economically stoning your neighbors to death, like Stephen, nodding in approval, and your relationship with those neighbors is going to go back to normal? Spoken like a man who doesn't expect to be economically stoned to death himself.

No you don't think you're going to be going back to normal, you think you're gonna be on the right side of the purge. You expect them not to survive, that way you don't have to worry about a relationship normal or otherwise. The question is this, what do you suppose holding that attitude has done to you? What do you imagine it's turned you into?

Electric Skeptic

You're going to imperiously hold the coats of those who are economically stoning your neighbors to death, like Stephen, nodding in approval, and your relationship with those neighbors is going to go back to normal? Spoken like a man who doesn't expect to be economically stoned to death himself.

No you don't think you're going to be going back to normal, you think you're gonna be on the right side of the purge. You expect them not to survive, that way you don't have to worry about a relationship normal or otherwise. The question is this, what do you suppose holding that attitude has done to you? What do you imagine it's turned you into?
Here's an idea. You come up with any sort of doom-laden scenario you like - some fantastic tale of some 'purge' involving being on the 'right' or 'wrong' side, which will determine whether or not people survive. You go right to town on that.

But what you need not to do is imagine that I agree with such a tale and, because I agree with it and appear not to care, am confident I'll be a survivor and that I don't care about those who aren't. And then you need not imagine what "holding that attitude" (the attitude you have completely imagined" has "turned me into".

Do not try to tell me what I think. You are invariably wrong.

Thistle

Here's an idea. You come up with any sort of doom-laden scenario you like - some fantastic tale of some 'purge' involving being on the 'right' or 'wrong' side, which will determine whether or not people survive. You go right to town on that.

But what you need not to do is imagine that I agree with such a tale and, because I agree with it and appear not to care, am confident I'll be a survivor and that I don't care about those who aren't. And then you need not imagine what "holding that attitude" (the attitude you have completely imagined" has "turned me into".

Do not try to tell me what I think. You are invariably wrong.
Yet you squander this golden opportunity to set the record straight, and refused to do so. The obvious inference of which is that I got this remarkably close. For my part I would set the record straight, but I won't advise you as you don't seem to be soliciting my advice.

Electric Skeptic

Yet you squander this golden opportunity to set the record straight, and refused to do so. The obvious inference of which is that I got this remarkably close. For my part I would set the record straight, but I won't advise you as you don't seem to be soliciting my advice.
What in the world are you talking about? Set what record straight? You come up with some nonsensical fiction and claim that I accept it and that I don't care about others, and I'm supposed to "set the record straight"? What nonsense. The actual obvious inference is what is the case - you made up some nonsense and tried to fit it to me. I need do nothing that I've not already done - tell you to stop doing it. Which, of course, you'll ignore.

Thistle

What in the world are you talking about?
Scroll up…
Set what record straight?
I pointed out that things are not going back to normal, you disputed that, the truth of which has implications for the policy you're defending, and you're refusing to indicate what you believe the actual fact of the matter is, and on what ground you assert that I'm wrong.
You come up with some nonsensical fiction
It is not fiction the people are losing their jobs because the Biden administration has pave the way for businesses to carry out Biden's policy. This is an unconstitutional construct that is specifically designed to keep the Biden administration from being sued (where they would surely lose). This administration is violating the Constitution in every conceivable way possible, and in this chapter they're cutting the courts out of the constitutional process.
and claim that I accept it and that I don't care about others,
This is your opportunity to clarify that issue. Are you in favor of the Biden administration paving the way for businesses to fire their employees, for refusing to be inoculated with these vaccines?
and I'm supposed to "set the record straight"? What nonsense.
It's hardly nonsense, but your refusal to set the record straight is your prerogative.
The actual obvious inference is what is the case - you made up some nonsense and tried to fit it to me.
To this moment you've not given me any reason to have the slightest doubt in my opinion. But for the record, I would be delighted for you to clarify your position, and discover that I'm quite wrong.
I need do nothing that I've not already done - tell you to stop doing it. Which, of course, you'll ignore.
That's the thing about having a conversation with a conservative. Conservatives respect your prerogative to do as you please on the ground that it's a free country. It's a pity you don't seem to be willing to extend the same courtesy to people you disagree with about their personal health decisions. And because of this attitude that you and your fellow travelers exhibit, people are going to lose their jobs and their lives will be unalterably changed, resulting in exactly what I said, things aren't going back to normal.

Last edited:

Electric Skeptic

Scroll up…

I pointed out that things are not going back to normal, you disputed that, the truth of which has implications for the policy you're defending, and you're refusing to indicate what you believe the actual fact of the matter is, and on what ground you assert that I'm wrong.

It is not fiction the people are losing their jobs because the Biden administration has pave the way for businesses to carry out Biden's policy. This is an unconstitutional construct that is specifically designed to keep the Biden administration from being sued (where they would surely lose). This administration is violating the Constitution in every conceivable way possible, and in this chapter they're cutting the courts out of the constitutional process.

This is your opportunity to clarify that issue. Are you in favor of the Biden administration paving the way for businesses to fire their employees, for refusing to be inoculated with these vaccines?

It's hardly nonsense, but your refusal to set the record straight is your prerogative.

To this moment you've not given me any reason to have the slightest doubt in my opinion. But for the record, I would be delighted for you to clarify your position, and discover that I'm quite wrong.
There is no 'record' to be set straight. There is your nonsensical fantasy and your laughable claim that I go along with and therefore am liable for some criticism.
That's the thing about having a conversation with a conservative. Conservatives respect your prerogative to do as you please on the ground that it's a free country. It's a pity you don't seem to be willing to extend the same courtesy to people you disagree with about their personal health decisions. And because of this attitude that you and your fellow travelers exhibit, people are going to lose their jobs and their lives will be unalterably changed, resulting in exactly what I said, things aren't going back to normal.
The thing about having a conversation with a conservative is that conservatives do not touch on the real world, revel in paranoid conspiracy theories and are known to be less than fussy about the truth. And then they somehow blame us (as you are trying to do).

Thistle

There is no 'record' to be set straight.
Fine, have it your way…
There is your nonsensical fantasy and your laughable claim that I go along with and therefore am liable for some criticism.
At least somebody's find this amusing…
The thing about having a conversation with a conservative is that conservatives do not touch on the real world,
Irony, thy name is electric skeptic.
revel in paranoid conspiracy theories and are known to be less than fussy about the truth.
Nobody's getting fired? Whatever you say…
And then they somehow blame us (as you are trying to do).
Oh heavens no! In fact, I give you a complete indulgence from any reference to reality!

BMS

I have had both jabs. However I now understand that children may be given the vaccine without parents permission. This is obviously the same cultural marxist extremism behind all of woke that Jordan Peterson pointed out several years ago.

This forum is invaluable, not just to Christians but to all for noting the belligerent, vindictive and disaffected spirit of woke.