Upon this rock/Keys

I am not playing games..... it is YOUR responsibility to read what others say if you are going to defend another poster -- read from post # 85 or 86
I am not defending another poster, to begin with. OK, I looked at #86. It consists in essence of a quote from Albright & Mann. So what "point" am I supposed to discover there? That there are alleged Protestants who think that Peter held a position of authority in the early church? That these two fellows think that the non-mention of keys in Matt. 18 is significant? Something more? Just for the record: just because someone labeled a "Protestant" says something does not automatically mean that I have to think it is relevant or conclusive.

I am not defending another poster, to begin with. OK, I looked at #86. It consists in essence of a quote from Albright & Mann. So what "point" am I supposed to discover there? That there are alleged Protestants who think that Peter held a position of authority in the early church? That these two fellows think that the non-mention of keys in Matt. 18 is significant? Something more? Just for the record: just because someone labeled a "Protestant" says something does not automatically mean that I have to think it is relevant or conclusive.
Oh my!!!! I bolded in red [post #86] what I was responding to -- ?
Catholics love to make the supposed parallel between Matt 16 and Isa 22

Oh my!!!! I bolded in red [post #86] what I was responding to -- ?
And it is a supposed parallel, having its supporters and detractors. So what? Your alleged point is not really shining like a beacon. Is all you wanted to say that some "Protestants" are on your side?

And it is a supposed parallel, having its supporters and detractors. So what? Your alleged point is not really shining like a beacon. Is all you wanted to say that some "Protestants" are on your side?
I am tired of the constant anti-Catholic 'broad strokes' .... I didn't use Catholic sources for a reason.

If you don't see a parallel, so be it. There are Catholics and non-Catholics who see Peter as the early Church leader.

I am tired of the constant anti-Catholic 'broad strokes' .... I didn't use Catholic sources for a reason.

If you don't see a parallel, so be it. There are Catholics and non-Catholics who see Peter as the early Church leader.
I am sure you can find non-Catholics who deny sola fide as well. In fact, you can certainly find non-Catholics saying whatever you want to discover them saying. That only goes to show that not only Catholics say objectionable or even repulsive things in theological matters. My view of the theological landscape is not that naive that I think it suffices to draw a border between Catholicism and non-Catholicism. There is but one Gospel and but one correct answer to the question "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

There is but one Gospel and but one correct answer to the question "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

Amen to that, "believe upon the name of Jesus, and you will be saved". The Scriptures in both the OT and NT point to Jesus, who is Lord and Savior over all.

Acts 4:11-12
This Jesus is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

I am sure you can find non-Catholics who deny sola fide as well. In fact, you can certainly find non-Catholics saying whatever you want to discover them saying. That only goes to show that not only Catholics say objectionable or even repulsive things in theological matters. My view of the theological landscape is not that naive that I think it suffices to draw a border between Catholicism and non-Catholicism. There is but one Gospel and but one correct answer to the question "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
There is but one Gospel and but one correct answer to the question "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
Sadly to many catholics that is not an easy or simple question. Although it should be.

Oh there we are you failed to prove your point and you criticize others and insult them. The poster clearly showed their were opposing opinions as to this so called connection between the psalm 32 and romans 4. That didn't work and then up comes the anti-catholic broad strokes response. There was nothing posted that was anti Catholic by the poster, he questioned your post, you did not answer his questions and you attack him.

did you read post 85?

Yes.
nope....that's where multiple denominations creep in

Nope. Jesus gave the Great Commission to ALL believers. He didn't give it specifically to the Roman Catholic church, which didn't even exist then.

Part of the keys is the authority to forgive sins. ALL the disciples had that, given to them by Jesus. But Peter was NOT the head of the entire church back then, with headquarters in Rome. James made the judgment in Acts 15 and Paul rebuked Peter to his face for his hypocrisy.
the ministerial priesthood

which all believers have. Read Revelation 1:6. But there are elders and overseers of individual churches and Paul tells us what their qualifications are--and your church practices none of those qualifications for its "priests."
not unless they are Catholic/Orthodox through the 'laying on of hands'
Luther was RCC remember and had hands laid on him. But what makes a church apostolic is that it teaches what the Apostles taught--and NONE of them taught what your church has been teaching for hundreds of years, about indulgences, Mariology, Purgatory, supremacy of the Pope, etc.

Last edited:
Back