Upon this rock/Keys

Yes I can. You just don't agree.
No you can't. That is a false claim. There is no one who prayed to the dead, not one apostle, they all prayed as Jesus taught them to do. There is nothing about Mary floating into the heavens either. So many adds on to scripture, you believe so many things that go beyond scripture and I just quoted two of those false beliefs.

The poster doesn't just disagree with you, the poster has provided evidence that you go beyond scripture and add to scripture in your beliefs.

And? Does that mean you get to just make it up?

Jude 3
Jude 1:3 Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.

First century. Not a millennia later. Or more. And if it takes a thousand years or two to 'understand what was revealed in scripture' then your claims of papal infallibility are nonsense, which they are. Gods word doesn't take thousands of years to understand. And by 'revealed in scripture' you really mean make up what isn't there and pretend it was there but in 'acorn' form. Al la Newman.
And do you believe that these late coming doctrines endangers our souls?

Yes.
A. They are not apostolic, therefore man made.
B. The ones that are dogma MUST be believed.

Can a good catholic reject papal infallibility or marys ic or assumption? Or transubstantiation?

If no, then your church is binding you to teachings found nowhere in the bible and your salvation depends on it. Does going to hell endanger your soul?

Last edited:
So tell us where it says in Scripture that they understood everything and their understanding would never increase over time.
Tell us where scripture says that Christ will give all that is his to the church.
John 16: “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority,
Note that even the spirit of truth has no authority of his own, yet the Catholic church has claimed it instead.
but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Note that the spirit of truth will declare it rather than seek to grasp it for herself like the Catholic church has.
15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Note that this literally means the spirit of truth will declare what is Christ which is nothing like what the Catholic church declares which is that she has all authority to take what is Christ's.

Yes prayers to Mary for salvation do endanger your souls. Yes beliefs in scapulars and the requirements keeping you out of hell do endanger your souls. It is sad. So many RCs beliefs endanger your souls.

Yes, I would dodge that question, too, if I were you.
No it is you who is constantly dodging and not just in this thread. You are an expert at dodging, avoiding and diverting to cover up the fact that you can not answer the questions. Yet the responder can see through your camouflage and keeps nailing you for it.

The Woman birthed Jesus. Tell me why that can't be Mary.
an interpretation that MAY be an ALLUSION
IS NOT A PROOF TEXT!

Haydock Catholic Bible Commentary on Rev 12
A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet. By this woman, interpreters commonly understand the Church of Christ, shining with the light of faith, under the protection of the sun of justice, Jesus Christ. The moon, the Church, hath all changeable things of this world under her feet, the affections of the faithful being raised above them all. --- A woman: the Church of God.
It may also, by allusion, be applied to our blessed Lady [the Virgin Mary]. The Church is clothed with the sun, that is, with Christ: she hath the moon, that is, the changeable things of the world, under her feet; and the twelve stars with which she is crowned, are the twelve apostles: she is in labour and pain, whilst she brings forth her children, and Christ in them, in the midst of afflictions and persecutions. (Challoner) --- On her head....twelve stars, her doctrine being delivered by the twelve apostles and their successors. (Witham)

Q: What do the "interpreters commonly understand " this to mean?

A: The Church is the common interpretation; not Mary

Yes prayers to Mary for salvation do endanger your souls. Yes beliefs in scapulars and the requirements keeping you out of hell do endanger your souls. It is sad. So many RCs beliefs endanger your souls.
It all depends on where the authority rest. If the Pope has been given authority by Jesus then our souls should not be in danger.

It all depends on where the authority rest.
Not necessarily. It also depends on the level of deception. In other words, those who are incapable of being honest with themselves or have no clue how badly they've been deceived may have a better chance at salvation than those who intentionally ignore the truth. The bible points out that those who would believe a lie will be sent a "spirit of stupor". This may be a way for God to actually save those who are hopelessly lost.
If the Pope has been given authority by Jesus then our souls should not be in danger.
That's a pretty big "If", and such a cavalier attitude towards one's eternal reward shows a significant lack of sincerity.

A few decades ago, there was a somewhat popular slogan to "Question Authority". Today society has come around to the more convenient view of "Trust the Science" which means trust that this is science, and that all scientists are infallible. The mindset is obviously no different than those who make these same claims with regards to their cultic leaders.

Society has come around to thinking like the Catholic church which then allows her to jump on top of that horse and lead the charge straight through the gates of hell.

Not necessarily. It also depends on the level of deception. In other words, those who are incapable of being honest with themselves or have no clue how badly they've been deceived may have a better chance at salvation than those who intentionally ignore the truth. The bible points out that those who would believe a lie will be sent a "spirit of stupor". This may be a way for God to actually save those who are hopelessly lost.

That's a pretty big "If", and such a cavalier attitude towards one's eternal reward shows a significant lack of sincerity.

A few decades ago, there was a somewhat popular slogan to "Question Authority". Today society has come around to the more convenient view of "Trust the Science" which means trust that this is science, and that all scientists are infallible. The mindset is obviously no different than those who make these same claims with regards to their cultic leaders.

Society has come around to thinking like the Catholic church which then allows her to jump on top of that horse and lead the charge straight through the gates of hell.
How do we know that it is not you who believe a lie and have been sent a "spirit of stupor "?

How do we know that it is not you who believe a lie and have been sent a "spirit of stupor "?
Because I have a witness in God's word. The law Christ came to magnify is a tried-and-true witness of the truth, and anything or anyone who contradicts the truth is a liar.

The Catholic church has not only deceived herself, but most of mainstream Christianity as well by inculcating the world to the lie that God's word is untrustworthy and must be interpreted through the lens of Catholic doctrine.

The level of deception is incomprehensible to most who sincerely believe that they're safe in opposing those few doctrines of Catholicism while gobbling up far more lies from the Catholic church than they may ever know. They feel safe in obsessing over a few minor doctrines while blissfully trumpeting one Catholic lie after another.

Again, they may have a chance just like a practicing Catholic would if they are covered by that spirit of stupor God sent to protect them from knowingly committing the unforgiveable sin.

Back