Upon this rock/Keys

Their standards change based on what doctrine we happen to be discussing I think.
Prove that claim. You have changed on NOT BY works. You have changed it to God's works when you first started posting it wasn't God's works you were saying it was your works. Now does that mean you accept it is not our works that save us. Or do you still have to make sure you do enough works to get saved. But I mean you could always buy one of those scapulars where Mary comes and saves you from purgatory.

sure it is:
Your strawman mischaracterizations don't change that.
It is not mischaracterization. Anytime you divide yourself from other Christians over doctrinal issues without using the actual words of God you are establishing yourself as more authoritative than scripture.

It is not mischaracterization. Anytime you divide yourself from other Christians over doctrinal issues without using the actual words of God you are establishing yourself as more authoritative than scripture.
Which is exactly what RCs do. Oh yes the actual words of God, Jesus said Peter was Satan.

Pure nonsense that doesn't stand any test of reason.

Consider a loyal and obedient Private in the Army following his Colonel's orders.
The loyal and obedient Private personally interprets his Colonel's orders.

Are you claiming the Private has placed his authority over the his Colonel's because the Private interpreted what the Colonel said?

Pure nonsense that doesn't stand any test of reason.

Consider a loyal and obedient Private in the Army following his Colonel's orders.
The loyal and obedient Private personally interprets his Colonel's orders.

Are you claiming the Private has placed his authority over the his Colonel's because the Private interpreted what the Colonel said?
So the Colonel has 20 Privates under him and they all interpret what the "Colonel's" said differently. Does one Private have the the authority over another Private to tell him/her that their interpretation is incorrect?

So the Colonel has 20 Privates under him and they all interpret what the "Colonel's" said differently. Does one Private have the the authority over another Private to tell him/her that their interpretation is wrong?
over the the authority of other privates is DIFFERENT than the Private having authority over the his Colonal

YOUR claim is that nCCs place their authority over that of Scripture.
That is your strawman mischaracterization.
And you are 100% wrong

You asked how is my Church different than yours:
YOUR Church places "some" of its it declarations at the same level of authority as Scripture.
As Scripture and God's spoken words from His Heavenly Throne are at the same level of authority: your view is blasphemous.

any more questions you need answered?

Last edited:
Abraham had already obeyed before his "Faith was reckoned" as righteousness.

Genesis 15:6
Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

How did Abram obey before God credited to him as righteousness? In other words, What was commanded? This isn't a trick question. Your the one who said Abram, had already obeyed God... I'm asking you to tell me what Abram did that was obedient?

over the the authority of other privates is DIFFERENT than the Private having authority over the his Colonal

YOUR claim is that nCCs place their authority over that of Scripture.
That is your strawman mischaracterization.
And you are 100% wrong

You asked how is my Church different than yours:
YOUR Church places "some" of its it declarations at the same level of authority as Scripture.
As Scripture and God's spoken words from His Heavenly Throne are at the same level of authority: your view is blasphemous.

any more questions you need answered?

Who is the Colonel? Is the Colonel, or what the Colonel says, represent the actual words of scripture?

Who is the Colonel? Is the Colonel, or what the Colonel says, represent the actual words of scripture?
it was an example of an authority and a subordinate based on your claim that the interpreter is the more authoarative

It is not true for the soldier interpreting his commanding officer's orders;
It is not true for the Supreme Court interpreting the Constitution
It is not true for Christians interpreting Scripture
so I ask you
Is it true that Catholics interpreting their Church's teachings are more authoritative than their Church?

Last edited:
Genesis 15:6
Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

How did Abram obey before God credited to him as righteousness? In other words, What was commanded? This isn't a trick question. Your the one who said Abram, had already obeyed God... I'm asking you to tell me what Abram did that was obedient?
Hebrews 11:8, "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to set out for a place that he was to receive as an inheritance...."

Hebrews 11:8, "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to set out for a place that he was to receive as an inheritance...."
as usual....that wasn't the question

this was
"How did Abram obey before God credited to him as righteousness?"

Back